Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

30 Posts and 30 days

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-20, 09:08 PM
Jacklaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 Posts and 30 days

Admins-While I understand control measures are required to mitigate nonsense posts and classified ads, I think the 30 day and 30 post restriction is somewhat unnecessary.

I have a 2004 IS300 with 49K miles that I think would be great car for someone but I cannot share it with the members of clublexus in the marketplace due to the 30/30 restriction. I believe you should implement something less restrictive.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jacklaw; 08-15-20 at 09:08 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-18-20, 01:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

There is something less restrictive for folks like you who are members that browse more than post. And you'd meet it if you posted 4 more times in the main forums

Explained right at the top of the marketplace in the rules sticky:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mar...-sale-307.html

When can I start a new thread in the Marketplace?

Creation of marketplace threads in our Classified forums is free, but is a benefit for our active forum members only.

This means new members must contribute to the discussion forum for a minimum of 30 days AND 30 posts before they can post any items for sale or post want to buy threads. Or for those members who read more than they post, we give access after 6 months membership and 5 productive posts. In the interim, they can still respond to existing threads to ask questions and purchase items from qualified members.

This restriction is due to a significant increase of zero-history members posting high dollar items for sale without vouches and having problem sales.

Once members meet both the minimum post-count and time criteria, they will be automatically promoted to the group that can post items for sale. If members meet these criteria but have not been active on Club Lexus for some time, they must make a post in the discussion forums before being promoted.
If you knew about the large number of ripoff artists we get who want to join and immediately scam our members with fake sale ads, I'd hope you would have a different opinion about this for the good of the CL community - this simple rule keeps many of them out, despite its inconvenience for you posting your car for sale.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-18-20 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-22-20, 10:07 AM
J2555
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacklaw
Admins-While I understand control measures are required to mitigate nonsense posts and classified ads, I think the 30 day and 30 post restriction is somewhat unnecessary.

I have a 2004 IS300 with 49K miles that I think would be great car for someone but I cannot share it with the members of clublexus in the marketplace due to the 30/30 restriction. I believe you should implement something less restrictive.

Thanks!
Yeah ditto, I joined because i'm in search of an SC300/SC400 for sale in the RI/MA/CT area and I can't post a WTB in the Marketplace section.
Old 08-22-20, 03:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by J2555
Yeah ditto, I joined because i'm in search of an SC300/SC400 for sale in the RI/MA/CT area and I can't post a WTB in the Marketplace section.
not quite the same situation for you since you just joined. He joined in 2008

We have no way to restrict marketplace ads for want to buy vs for sale posts, so they are restricted to the same 30 day and 30 post minimum. That promotion is all automated and triggers once you hit that criteria

you can still View and search member for sale threads, respond to them to ask questions.