Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I believe Club Lexus is slowly being hijacked

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-20, 10:07 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
The website has a very good mobile adaption if you just access it through your phone's browser. Works fine. I also have no videos or anything like that which pop up on a desktop.

Every thread you post in, you subscribe to, and if you go to your "User CP" all your threads you are subscribed which have had responses since you posted to are right there so you can go through them all.
Thanks for the advice. I get a video whether I am on the mobile or desktop version, its very annoying.

I had the subscribe feature enabled but I was getting constant emails, I'll revisit to see if I can stop the emails but keep the subscribe feature on.
Old 11-08-20, 11:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,777 Likes on 1,984 Posts

You can turn the email notification off. I don’t get any email notifications.
Old 11-09-20, 10:34 AM
Miketup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by winsalem
Thank you for removing some posts; I actually hope you step up the process, because I think this web discussion group is slowly being hijacked.

Over the last few years I have been losing faith in ClubLexus, often feeling uncomfortable at the snide tone, immature attitude and lack of objectivity of a small but growing number of posters. They don't preface their statements with "I think.." or "In my opinion..". Instead, their declarations ("The new styling is ugly..") and assumptions ("...the only people who drive an RX are ...") sound just like immature high school sports rivalries. Or worse, like some of the grown men and women down here in the South who still squabble about Ford vs Chevy.

These pirates sure are taking the fun out of being a member of a cool discussion group where calm, regular people should be able to share info and opinions -- and want to do so with the same class and courtesy that the Lexus trademark implies.

Finally, this is the one place where we shouldn't hafta worry that our typos, spelling or grammar will be thrown back in our faces or used as ammo to bolster some pathetic squabble. Relax yawl, have some fun, enjoy and respect the collective wisdom and knowledge and curiosity that can be found in these terrific forums (oops, I guess somebody will argue that I should have typed 'fora').

And if you do have an axe to grind, just take the time to be objective and make sure your post is clearly labeled as your opinion and not a challenge to other members' ideas, thoughts or to the Lexus model they drive.
Thanks for your input as I a male drive an RX 450h. According to my brother I have ovaries... I simply love the ride and did own an IS 350 2007. SO I am not worried about anyone here.
Old 11-12-20, 03:15 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You can turn the email notification off. I don’t get any email notifications.
Is there a way to stop the videos that pop up while viewing every single post regardless of browser or device?

I can't be the only one with this issue.
Old 11-12-20, 06:12 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Is there a way to stop the videos that pop up while viewing every single post regardless of browser or device?

I can't be the only one with this issue.
What pop up videos? You have crap ware & possibly Spyware. I don’t get any of that.
The following users liked this post:
Miketup (11-12-20)
Old 11-12-20, 06:29 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
What pop up videos? You have crap ware & possibly Spyware. I don’t get any of that.
They are all Lexus related videos. They only pop up on this site, no other site and on multiple platforms, computers and devices, including a work computer that wouldn't have any spyware. Its been doing that since I first logged into ClubLexus from day one.
Old 11-12-20, 08:30 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have never gotten any videos popping up.
gadgetman1 (11-12-20)
Old 11-12-20, 11:37 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 240 Likes on 202 Posts

Maybe it’s because you’re not logged in? I know what you’re talking about. Make sure you’re signed in.
Old 11-12-20, 01:08 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by AJT123
Maybe it’s because you’re not logged in? I know what you’re talking about. Make sure you’re signed in.
Yup that's it, thanks! This site doesn't login automatically so I usually browse or search not logged in until I post or reply.
Old 11-12-20, 01:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Logs me in automatically
Old 11-12-20, 10:10 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Yup that's it, thanks! This site doesn't login automatically so I usually browse or search not logged in until I post or reply.
By default, atleast if using a desktop/laptop and the full view theme, logins are handled via browser cookies and thus remembered as long as:

1) The Log Out link is not used
2) The browser is not set to delete cookies upon exit
3) The browser does not have a corrupt cookie for the given site
4) The user does not clear the cache to include the cookies
5) 3rd party software does not remove browser cookies

The browser cookie has an expire date of approximately 365 days.

Old 11-13-20, 05:42 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by IB JT
By default, atleast if using a desktop/laptop and the full view theme, logins are handled via browser cookies and thus remembered as long as:

1) The Log Out link is not used
2) The browser is not set to delete cookies upon exit
3) The browser does not have a corrupt cookie for the given site
4) The user does not clear the cache to include the cookies
5) 3rd party software does not remove browser cookies

The browser cookie has an expire date of approximately 365 days.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if its because I used the "Login with Google" function to initially setup my account.
Old 11-13-20, 09:49 AM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks for the info. I wonder if its because I used the "Login with Google" function to initially setup my account.
Yes, that's one more thing. If you use Google to login, it's based on sessions and not cookies and thus you will get logged out after either 1) Closing the browser and/or 2) 1hour of inactivity has passed
Stumper (11-15-20)
Old 11-13-20, 10:01 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

I know a lot of people use the mobile version but I hate them on any of the forums I browse. I always change it to the desktop version on my phone even though the sites I browse change it to mobile view automatically sometimes.
Stumper (11-15-20)
Old 11-13-20, 12:49 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by patgilm
I know a lot of people use the mobile version but I hate them on any of the forums I browse. I always change it to the desktop version on my phone even though the sites I browse change it to mobile view automatically sometimes.
Agreed, that's why I mentioned Tapatalk as a great app for browsing forums but ClubLexus isn't available on there. There was another app that ClubLexus worked on but the mobile web browser version ended up being better, even with its faults.

Quick Reply: I believe Club Lexus is slowly being hijacked