Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I believe Club Lexus is slowly being hijacked

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-20, 10:38 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

LOL I’m late 30s and I still don’t truly know what a cookie is or does. (Other than increase my waist size ha ha)

Isn’t it info that a website gets from a site so it will load faster the next time?
Old 11-14-20, 11:35 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
LOL I’m late 30s and I still don’t truly know what a cookie is or does. (Other than increase my waist size ha ha)

Isn’t it info that a website gets from a site so it will load faster the next time?
Dear lord, don’t they teach anything in school anymore?! I had to learn all of this over time - we didn’t have computers in school. Yes, you are correct about the cookies. It helps the computer remember exactly were you were by exchanging information with the website. It stores it on the computer for later use. Some folks chose to wipe cookies after every use, but if the site is generally safe, I allow them to stay.
The following users liked this post:
Stumper (11-15-20)
Old 11-14-20, 02:53 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123

Cookies are generally used to save preferences for websites as well as login credentials. It varies greatly per website but some data is saved in a database on the website's server and some data is saved on the user's computer via browser cookies. It does not really involve performance. Cache is used to store some website elements within the browser so it loads faster.
Old 11-15-20, 01:23 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Dear lord, don’t they teach anything in school anymore?! I had to learn all of this over time - we didn’t have computers in school. Yes, you are correct about the cookies. It helps the computer remember exactly were you were by exchanging information with the website. It stores it on the computer for later use. Some folks chose to wipe cookies after every use, but if the site is generally safe, I allow them to stay.
Oh I went to a good college lol. But I remember nothing. I’ve learned more about stuff online like history, finances, etc. (from legit sources) than I ever did in college.
Old 03-19-21, 09:22 AM
Bykfixer
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Hijack or Hijynx?

This place is as cool as a polar bears toenails compared to some car forums where keyboard warriors run the asylum. Now sometimes it can get a little weird trying to figure out if a comment was meant as humor or not.
Being a member only a short time I try to do a lot of reading about what might go wrong with my car but being my son is into more spirited versions I also try to learn about what makes these things go zoom so I'll understand he is not actually speaking in a foreign language, just Toyota talk when states model numbers and specs etc. He has an Aristo and I have a GS300.
Overall I see a sense of community here in general. At other car forums I would have been flamed or troll'd by now in my little time here. It's been a pleasant experience to be a member so I say thank you to members and staff for making this a great resource.