Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Problems Uploading Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-03, 09:52 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems Uploading Pics

Last few days I have not been able to upload any pictures. Keep getting errors like this
Unable to create image [/usr/local/www/data/ezpublish/gallery/uploads/3074/DSC00390.JPG].
I'm trying to upload a small file [sig] and I have tried from multiple locations/workstations.
Old 10-02-03, 10:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Can you tell how much space you have left in your account?
Old 10-16-03, 12:26 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still can't post any pics [big, small, whatever]. I get the same error which I have gotten for nearly a month:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg: '/usr/local/www/data/ezpublish/gallery/uploads/3074/DSC00390.JPG' is not a valid JPEG file in /usr/local/www/data-dist/ezpublish/gallery/image-inc.php on line 83

Any thoughts?
Old 12-05-03, 10:41 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

redgs4,
Did you ever get tou pics to upload? Igf so what was the problem?I just noticed that you having the same problem that I had and your getting the same error messg. that I got. I inquired about some help in a 102603 post and was not able to resolve the problem.

I notice now that I don't even get the "upload pictures" entry on the Gallery page any more. I know my account is not expired. I should have plenty of space on the account because I only have 3 pics loaded.

Any ideas anyone??. May get a new account???
Old 12-05-03, 01:22 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try it now
Old 12-05-03, 09:05 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ok , Iam still trying but the same ol thing keeps happening like the rest of yall
Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg: '/usr/local/www/data/ezpublish/gallery/uploads/18145/226_G_Rides_021.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /usr/local/www/data-dist/ezpublish/gallery/image-inc.php on line 83

there was a resent post on this saying that a bug could be hiding behind jpeg files,so I completly re-installed my programs and signed up with mcafee security..... but still the problem continues!!!!!!!!

I can upload the pics on the forum section but cant upload the same pics to the gallery

HELP

EL GATO

see
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-03, 09:58 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

Let me know if it works now.
Old 12-06-03, 06:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Toad - some folks don't even see the 'upload' option at the top right menu. Any idea why?
Old 12-06-03, 07:08 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

that is weird!!!!!!!!! I was going to try it again like you asked but now the "upload pictures" deal is gone man,it was there last night, now its gone

EL GATO
Old 12-06-03, 12:41 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

Gone, like you can't upload pictures at all?
Old 12-06-03, 03:55 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Yes the upload option was missing form the top right corner of the page.

Home | Profile | Upload Photos I Logout

I tried it today and the upload photos option is back and I'm able to upload photos w/o any problems
YEA
I've ben uable to upload photos for months.
redgs4, el gato, try yours now.
I'm not sure what was broke but it's fixed now.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 12-06-03 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-06-03, 09:42 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!! Im in I can finally upload to my gallery.....
THANX 4 the help

Just curious, what was it? anyway thanks

EL GATO
Old 12-06-03, 09:54 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Yea I'm curious also, what was the problem? was it affecting everyone or just a few unlucky members?
Old 12-06-03, 10:23 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

Okay if you must really know. Photopost sometimes has problems resizing pictures. These pictures will remain in the uploads directory until properly processed or deleted. Each time you upload, it will create a directory in the upload directory, and then copy your uploaded files to that directory for processing. It rembers what directory you should use. But, that also means that if you have images that cannot be processed, or have a process error, you run the risk of photopost not processing any of your pictures. Its one of those all or none situations.

This problem mainly effects gif's and tiff's. Gif's and Tiff's both use LZW compression. LZW is copyright does not expire until JUNE 20th 2004. Becuase of this, any program writting write gifs or tiff's in the standard compressed format is subject to the patents and the fees that apply. The two image manipulation tools that can be used by photopost, ImageMagick and GD, are free products provided under GPL. As such, they cannot pay the royality fees to use LZW compression. Instead, both programs write gif's in uncompressed non-standar format( MIcrosoft brokered a deal to insure that they can use lzw compression in all their prodcts that need it). Currently, GD and ImageMagick can read LZW compressed files, but the algorithum does not follow the standards set forth in the copywrite(because it would infringe on the copywrite if it did). Because of the nature of LZW compression and because neither can write LZW compressed gifs, both ImageMagic and GD are subject to errors that may be caused by some compressed gif files.

These gifs will be unproccessable but will remain in the upload folder. Photopost programers are working on better error checking to solve this problem in future versions.

It should be noted, that most LZW compressed gifs can be read properly. Problems mainly manifest when the program does not use LZW properly when compress the gif. Uncompressed gifs should work fine.

Last edited by spinaltoad; 12-06-03 at 10:29 PM.