Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Friends Requests Pending for Weeks Yet Have a + Beside Their Username

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-22, 07:46 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,645 Posts
Default Friends Requests Pending for Weeks Yet Have a + Beside Their Username

I have noticed I have a number of 'Friend' requests that are 'pending' and they have been pending for many weeks, yet these [so-called] pending friend members have a + beside their username as if they are already my friends, but they do not show in my Friends List. ( I have 23 Friends in my Friends List with some members with a + not in my Friends list).

Is there a problem with processing or coding Friends? Or, is there a limit on the number of Friends a member can have, or a limit on the number of Friends that can be shown in a member's Friends List?
Old 08-11-22, 07:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,423 Posts

When you click on this view does it show any different status (if it isn't the page you are already looking at)? The other member has to accept the friendship request

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...p?do=buddylist
Old 08-11-22, 08:08 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

To add to what Dave said, there are two options "Contact" and "Friend", which are somewhat separate.

The contact or friend will show a Plus sign next to the member's username.

The Contacts and Friends will show in your Contacts and Friends list.

It's possible the requested friends don't know how to accept the request. You must select the friend(s) then select Accept or Deny plus the Save changes button. If you skip the first step and simply select the Accept or Deny radio button plus the Save Changes button, nothing actually happens and no error messages occur. This is a common source of confusion.
The following users liked this post:
bclexus (08-12-22)
Old 08-12-22, 07:03 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by IB JT
To add to what Dave said, there are two options "Contact" and "Friend", which are somewhat separate.

The contact or friend will show a Plus sign next to the member's username.

The Contacts and Friends will show in your Contacts and Friends list.

It's possible the requested friends don't know how to accept the request. You must select the friend(s) then select Accept or Deny plus the Save changes button. If you skip the first step and simply select the Accept or Deny radio button plus the Save Changes button, nothing actually happens and no error messages occur. This is a common source of confusion.
Thanks for that!

Apparently some of the requests have not been accepted and are actually only 'Contacts', indicated by having a + beside their username.

Yes, it is a source of confusion...