Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

classified sales/buys

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-03, 03:47 AM
krock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy classified sales/buys

I usually don't respond to the threads of great length. I feel compelled however to respond to a thread that I read about selling and buying items from the CL classified. It was suggested that only "paid "members could sell items. Also that individuals who have not met a minimal post requirement would not be able to sell or buy from the CL classified.I happen to love to READ the posts! I could respond to many but I usually prefer to sit back and read the interesting dialogue that exists in this arena. When I read those thoughts being bantered around by the moderators I could only feel angry and upset. While I am not a " paid " member I am a loyal, honest, and dedicated fan of this forum and of other Lexus clubs, drivers, and anyone or thing that has to do with Lexus. I have owned my car since August of 2002. CL has enlightened me to a world of Lexus info that I surely would not have known about had I not surfed the web. I also spread the gospel to other people that I see with Lexus cars to join CL. I understand that it costs money to run a site and I still plan on becoming a " paid " member. Let's not get get away from the true reason this forum exists however: to help, enlighten, and entertain, those who love Lexus vehicles. I feel that the next step will be to ask individuals to submit a copy of their credit report in order to conduct business. You guys have done a great job creating, maintaining, and upgrading this site, please remain humle and true to the game! Long live CL!

P.S. I have also bought products from some of the sponsors of this forum
Old 10-24-03, 09:39 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

krock...

it's for our protection.. although i am not a mod or owner.. i really appreciate what they did in order to protect us. there were a whole bunch of people getting ripped off a couple months ago and i guess the measures that they took has made it easier to track the seller... hope you understand. it's just a safety precaution...
Old 10-24-03, 09:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Krock,

Thanks for the message and input. We have a forum for 'site questions and suggestions' where this belongs.

I'm not sure what post you are referring to, can you please post a link? I only recall one such discussion in the past and I think I made it fairly clear that we weren't going to restrict classifieds to paid members only - that would defeat the purpose. We are going to add some rules about minimum number of posts on the forum before you sell something, however.
Old 10-24-03, 08:38 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dave, I can't agree more!!! Personal experience, not on CL, but got ripped off from some kid in Cali for trying to buy a set of WORK LS wheels from JP. Long story! For Your Protection! FYP!!!

Krock, I also agree with you! Put it this way, most of the MOD's are very fair and balance, from time to time, where will be some who abuse their power. Rules are setting up to keep the majority of the CL members in line, some rules are too stricts, some are not. However, this is why I love CL, when you have issue with the MOD's or anyone, you are always welcome to address the issue and Mod like Dave will take his time and follow up with you or any member.

CL's great! Paid member is encourage, speaking of which, I will have to join real soon in January, that would be my 1 year anniversary with CL's.

Good luck and keep this forum open for as long as the internet will be around!!!