Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Charlotte NC Area Lexus Detailing Clinic with Zaino Products - January 2004?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-04, 04:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Dave, I guess kinda depends on the weather. I would love to eat at somewhere special in Charlotte that night.
Can definitely be done (probably both dinner & movie if folks are in for the long evening). Once we see who/ how many folks are coming up we can figure out what kind of place everyone wants to go to. Lots to choose from - I'll roll out my list of local favorties based on genre and $$ and let everyone decide.
Old 01-08-04, 07:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys,

Just got a note from Steve Treece to get a count of folks coming so he can arrange for the lunch to be brought in.

Please chime in if you haven't already and confirm your attendance! If you've confirmed and are backing out, please let us know too!
Old 01-08-04, 08:11 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Dave, I would LOVE to attend this by live web cam if possible. I can provide hosting for the live webcam content. I am sure if we do something like this, a lot of people far away like myself will attend!

Last edited by Hameed; 01-08-04 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-08-04, 09:30 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Hameed
Dave, I would LOVE to attend this by live web cam if possible. I can provide hosting for the live webcam content. I am sure if we do something like this, a lot of people far away like myself will attend!
Thats a great idea Hameed, but probably too ambitious for less than two weeks to set up. Maybe the next one!
Old 01-09-04, 03:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Another Charlotte PDW GS400 signed on - PortCityPlaya bringing his ride.
Old 01-09-04, 04:28 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm in!! I will need to leave early though as I have basketball that evening......BUT I"M IN
Old 01-12-04, 10:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I asked Steve about the products he'll have for sale. I plan to buy some of his larger concours drying towels as well (I have plenty of smaller microfiber from Pakshak and Turtle, but need a nice big one).

Prices for the products are the same as you will find at www.zainostore.com. A basic kit with clay bar is:

Z-2 Polish $12.95
Z-6 Gloss Enhancer 9.95
Z-7 Car Wash 7.95
Z-18 Clay Bar 16.95
ZFX Flash Cure 19.95
Total $67.75 + NC Sales Tax

For a black car, I would substitute Z-5 for Z-2 and add $4.00 to the total above. Some may want to get both Z-2 and Z-5 making the total $84.70.

It will be very beneficial for folks to visit the Zaino web site and read about the individual products as well as the application tips and tricks. There is a lot of information there (Davegs4 adds - also check out our detailing forum here for some recent posts on tricks/tips).

I'm going to buy the full suite of stuff and you guys that aren't sure of getting the whole shooting match are welcome to share some of mine.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-14-04 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-13-04, 05:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Steve Treece gave me a call to let me know that the weather forecast just changed to a possible 'wintery mix' for Saturday morning. We'll take stock again tomorrow night on what its looking like.

The place for the meet is indoors, so that's not a problem. However most of our cars with Z rated performance tires don't do so well on anything with the word 'ice' or 'snow' in it.... If it looks like it's going to be nasty weather, I'd recommend we postpone rather than slide our way there.
Old 01-14-04, 04:04 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by DaveGS4
However most of our cars with Z rated performance tires don't do so well on anything with the word 'ice' or 'snow' in it.... If it looks like it's going to be nasty weather, I'd recommend we postpone rather than slide our way there.
Maybe we can still do the webcam..........................?
Old 01-14-04, 09:04 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend we postpone. Forecasted high of 34 degrees with wintry mix is the latest forecast.

What about next Saturday?

Last edited by tomtnc; 01-14-04 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-14-04, 05:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Steve and I just spoke and we agreed to push this off until February (all other weekends are taken in January). No reason to make folks risk driving in the ice, especially if people may travel from outside the immediate area (early morning and evening are worse for ice).

Tentatively the two weekend days he has in February are the 7th or 21st... he needs to confirm the space will be available for those dates. More to come.

This will give me a bit more time to send a broadcast note off to other Charlotte-area folks who might want to meet up.

Anyone that wants to get together for a mini-meet in Charlotte anyway, let me know .

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-14-04 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-14-04, 05:21 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Steve and I just spoke and we agreed to push this off until February (all other weekends are taken in January). No reason to make folks risk driving in the ice, especially if people may travel from outside the immediate area (early morning and evening are worse for ice).

Tentatively the two weekend days he has in February are the 7th or 21st... he needs to confirm the space will be available for those dates. More to come.

This will give me a bit more time to send a broadcast note off to other Charlotte-area folks who might want to meet up.

Anyone that wants to get together for a mini-meet in Charlotte anyway, let me know .
Now there's enough time to plan for a webcam!
Old 01-14-04, 05:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Hameed
Now there's enough time to plan for a webcam!
Maybe... the problem is I suspect that most bodyshops (the venue for this event) don't have a high speed internet line in them. Steve is reading this thread and I'll ask him to find out and let me know when he talks to the owner of the shop.
Old 01-14-04, 10:05 PM
LexFather

10-4

Old 01-15-04, 10:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Either of the two dates are available. Anyone got any preferences or conflicts?

Quick Reply: Charlotte NC Area Lexus Detailing Clinic with Zaino Products - January 2004?