Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Charlotte NC Area Lexus Detailing Clinic with Zaino Products - January 2004?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-03, 04:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Hey guys, I've made contact with the local Zaino distributor here in Charlotte and he's offered to host a full-on detailing clinic for us... something I would personally find interesting and I think many of you will as well.

Here's the full detail of his reply to me. I inquired both for our group and for the NSX folks.

I thought an event like this might get a few of our LS, RX, ES members out as well (vs the driving events we usually have with high GS and IS turnouts).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Zaino. I would be very interested in having a "Detailing Seminar" for the Lexus and NSX folks. These events are usually targeted towards a specific make/type vehicle, so that attendees can also meet other owners and perhaps plan future outings.

I usually like for these to be a "sanctioned" event by the local club so that your group will hopefully be able to increase participation.

The venue I've used in the past has been the facilities of Import Paint and Body Shop on Independence Blvd. Loren Koski, the owner, likes the Zaino product and it gives him an opportunity to introduce people to his business. None of us wants to have to take our cars to a body shop, but it's good to know where a person can get the highest quality repairs made should that become necessary. These are "rain or shine" events, so we need to have a place where we can do the entire event indoors if need be. We can accommodate about 12 cars at Import Paint.

Owners will be able to learn how to use clay bar and how to apply Zaino to their cars' finish. We plan these to start at 9AM and usually finish around 3PM. Lunch is provided for the participants.

If you wanted to use another venue, that's okay...but we need to be able to do it regardless of weather.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-10-03 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-12-03, 01:43 PM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in. Thanks, Dave.
Old 12-03-03, 11:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys I split this thread off so we could focus on it as a specific event.

I know December is going to be pretty busy for most everyone. I personally will be doing my holiday shopping and errand-running pretty much every weekend of the month.

I asked Steve Treece (who owns Carolina Shine, the distributor for DF Concours Towel and Zaino Bros') about dates in January and he had the following suggestions.

January 3
January 17
January 31

He'll have to check with Loren at Import Paint to make sure the date we decide on is okay.

If you're interested in attending one of these, please post up so we can gauge interest! I know there are two other Lexus guys not on our forum (yet) who would like to attend.

This is a full top-to-bottom detailing of our cars including clay bar. Steve will have the full suite of Zaino products available for sale at the event.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-03-03 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-03-03, 12:02 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Dave I'm in. Any date will do for me.....
Old 12-03-03, 01:05 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
This is a full top-to-bottom detailing of our cars including clay bar.
Um, that we have to do though, right? It does sound interesting though, and I'm in, barring other unforeseen plans I might need to make (trip to Florida is possible).
Old 12-04-03, 01:51 PM
LexFather

I'm in, , cut and paste a thread in SELOC?

Old 12-25-03, 10:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

OK guys, we need to pick one of the dates in January so we can let Steve (& the shop where we'll do the event) know!

Any preferences?
Old 12-29-03, 07:38 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

17th
Old 12-29-03, 09:10 AM
LexFather

17th sounds cool

Old 01-02-04, 08:30 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Spoke to Zaino Distributor (Steve), the 17th it is.

A dozen cars will fit inside the shop (more room outside if the weather is nice). I'm going to send out an email to the local Charlotte list, if you're thinking about coming, please reserve your spot.

So far we've got:

1 DaveGS4
2 TomTNC
3 Letsride
4 1sicklex

Couple of other local Lexus guys have said they want to come but are not on CL, I'll phone them and see if they're in.

my GF will probably bring her NSX if there is an open spot

I'll post up a list of what we need to bring soon

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-02-04 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-02-04, 09:41 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

More details from Steve:

What: Detailing Clinic featuring Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish Products
When: January 17, 2004. 9:00 AM until approximately 3:00 PM. Rain or Shine!
Where: Import Paint and Body Shop
6173 E. Indendence Blvd.
Charlotte, NC

Each participant will be able to learn how to use clay bar on their own car and apply up to 3 coats of the Zaino polishes. There is no fee to attend, but participants will be able to purchase products for their use on the day of the event. In addition to Zaino products, www.zainostore.com, participants will also be able to purchase DF Concours towels, www.dftowel.com. If anyone would like to use their DF Towel on that day, I can prewash them and have them ready for use. Interested parties for the DF Towels should contact me directly at: cashine@juno.com or 704.759.0142.

You will need the following:

Enough towels to dry the car one time
One towel for use while claying
One towel for removing polish
One towel for use with Z-6
The best towels to use are either the DF Concours Towel or a white 100% cotton U.S. made towel. Towels should be washed before use if they are new.

A clean 12oz or greater capacity spray bottle to mix clay bar lubricant in.

Lunch will be provided for participants, so a reasonably firm head count is needed. Remember that this is a rain or shine event.

Entrance to the body shop will be through the doors at the rear of the building.
Old 01-05-04, 06:35 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Dave,

Thanks for all the up-front work and your time. This is a great opportunity! C'mon fellow CL members...let's make a good showing.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the detail clinic!
Old 01-05-04, 03:55 PM
LexFather

I just thought about it, our Meguirs sponsors might not be too happy but 4 of us are on the way up so far. I think maybe we can get 8-10 from Atlanta. I know Wiz will be there with his supercharged Camry.

Anything else up for that night Dave?

Old 01-05-04, 04:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Cool!

How about a car-focused movie night? I've got the DVD from the NorCal meets and most other car movies that we'd want to watch (collection list here) if you want to do that... or we can go out somewhere.
Old 01-05-04, 04:52 PM
LexFather

Dave, I guess kinda depends on the weather. I would love to eat at somewhere special in Charlotte that night.

Quick Reply: Charlotte NC Area Lexus Detailing Clinic with Zaino Products - January 2004?