Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Tampa Florida Meet (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-04, 05:40 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

okay shawn , looks like you are getting things nicely in order

if you can nail down a date as far in advance as possible and doing it at the lexus dealer is always a plus , i will convince the south florida gs mafia to make a road trip and come up and support you and your guys 100%.. can we say convoy of maybe 30-40 of us coming up.. and of course the good fellas from is 300.net and the turbo sc and first gen gs crew.

to the guy wanting to arrange with the dealer , let him see pics of our dec 7 gig at lexus of pembroke pines ..

i am very serious about doing this hey alsilverbullets bro in law lives in tampa so we can can bunk with him his screen name is pmatrix and his car is the twin to alsilverbullet in crystal white fully modded..

give us advance notice and if it does not interfere with dates for us we will be there
Old 04-21-04, 09:51 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
okay shawn , looks like you are getting things nicely in order

if you can nail down a date as far in advance as possible and doing it at the lexus dealer is always a plus , i will convince the south florida gs mafia to make a road trip and come up and support you and your guys 100%.. can we say convoy of maybe 30-40 of us coming up.. and of course the good fellas from is 300.net and the turbo sc and first gen gs crew.

to the guy wanting to arrange with the dealer , let him see pics of our dec 7 gig at lexus of pembroke pines ..

i am very serious about doing this hey alsilverbullets bro in law lives in tampa so we can can bunk with him his screen name is pmatrix and his car is the twin to alsilverbullet in crystal white fully modded..

give us advance notice and if it does not interfere with dates for us we will be there

lexforlife thanks for your continuing support i was thinking tampa should have a meet to see the turnout then for the next meet i was going to contact you and tell you the outcome so you southern guys would not be the only people at the meet...you know a mini meet before the large meet ......
Old 04-21-04, 02:50 PM
scottc25
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will ask and see if a June date works for them. Does anyone have anything against a Sunday date. Since the dealership is a little more quiet I assume they would be more receptive to a Sunday. How many people should I tell them? Just an estimate to give them 40-50? less?
Old 04-27-04, 06:16 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Hi Guys.

I am also here in Tampa and was wondering where you got your mods installed. Was it here locally? I am looking at getting the L-tuned shock and spring setup but want to make sure a good shop does the work and have little to no experience with who is trustworthy and does good work locally. Any information you might be able to give me would be a huge help. Otherwise I might take it somewhere like Tire Kingdom which will have to suffice since I am sure the dealer will charge close to triple for doing the same work. I really want to find a shop that is more complete and can continue to do upgrades as I purchase them like the LSD and TC, something someone like Tire Kingdom wouldn't touch.

Anyway, forgive my rambling I just want to find a good shop to give all my Mod business too that is in the Tampa/Brandon area.

Recommendations and personal experience with price, service, and quality comments welcome.

Thanks In Advance

John

P.S. Count me in on a Tampa meet.
Old 04-27-04, 07:44 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally don't know of any mechanics in N. FLORIDA and for the majority of the S. FL. members we tend to install most of the mods ourselves at our local garage..(Ed'S GARAGE-lexforlife) Have you tried going to the dealership and trying to make friends with the mechanics?? Those guys in the bays are always willing to help a customer out who is a potential side job...Maybe you should try the dealership first and see if you can make a new friend..Good luck..
Old 04-27-04, 07:59 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Actually, I plan on doing some mods myself such as the Steering ECU, Strut Bar, Exhaust, Intake... However, I do not think I could handle the Shocks/Springs myself (things need to be compressed, ETC) or sways (never done them) and definately need someone very dependable for the LSD/TC down the road.

Somebody has to know someone around Tampa...
Old 04-27-04, 09:06 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

its very easy to do the shocks and springs i have access to a spring compressor and iam going to do mine in a couple of weeks and i can tell you its difficulty it is not very hard ill keep you posted maybe i could help install your shock and springs .........shawn
Old 04-27-04, 02:36 PM
thailegend
Pole Position

Originally posted by johnee78
I personally don't know of any mechanics in N. FLORIDA and for the majority of the S. FL. members we tend to install most of the mods ourselves at our local garage..(Ed'S GARAGE-lexforlife) Have you tried going to the dealership and trying to make friends with the mechanics?? Those guys in the bays are always willing to help a customer out who is a potential side job...Maybe you should try the dealership first and see if you can make a new friend..Good luck..
lets all just go to Ed's garage
Old 04-27-04, 05:27 PM
scottc25
Driver

Originally posted by CinFulxGS4
Actually, I plan on doing some mods myself such as the Steering ECU, Strut Bar, Exhaust, Intake... However, I do not think I could handle the Shocks/Springs myself (things need to be compressed, ETC) or sways (never done them) and definately need someone very dependable for the LSD/TC down the road.

Somebody has to know someone around Tampa...

The #1 place to go is Racing Zone Auto House in south Tampa. I wave had nothing but good experiences there. Good prices too.

www.racingzoneautohouse.com
Old 04-27-04, 05:28 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by scottc25
The #1 place to go is Racing Zone Auto House in south Tampa. I wave had nothing but good experiences there. Good prices too.

scottc25 myself and ADVANGS can also get you better prices than racing zone
Old 04-27-04, 07:20 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Talking

Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-28-04, 07:12 AM
scottc25
Driver

Default Tampa Meet Update (updated 4/28)

I have called and left a message with **** Nimphy, General Manager of Lexus of Tampa Bay, to see if he would be interested in hosting the event. Hopefully he will get back to me shortly. I would love to have this event as big as the one down in Pembroke Pines was. If by chance he doesn't go for the meet does anyone else have any suggestions on where to hold it?

When I called I said that a Sunday would probably work the best for everyone involved. How does Sunday, June 27th sound?

Please post any commects and questions here. Thanks.
Old 04-28-04, 07:48 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

sounds good to me..Keep us posted on any updates..
Old 04-28-04, 04:29 PM
ADVANGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by scottc25

Old 04-28-04, 04:30 PM
ADVANGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by ADVANGS
That's a pretty bold statement scott.

Quick Reply: Tampa Florida Meet (merged threads)