Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

3rd Annual Tail of the Dragon 2004 Drive & Meet in NC/TN Great Smoky Mtns on 8/20-22

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04 | 05:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by k3turbo
alright, i finally got it all worked out! heres the new and improved mpeg4 version of the movie reduced to 114 mb and better quality

(right click, save as)

http://www.performancescene.net/psstaff/lexusdragon.mp4
Couldn't get this download or the bigger one. This time it's 'bandwidth exceeded'.
Old 08-26-04 | 05:07 AM
k3turbo
Driver School Candidate

sorry about that paul, keep checking on it though since it may be back up fairly soon
Old 08-26-04 | 03:46 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DaveGS4
..filming passenger who is whining about the AC vent when the windows are down
LOL - Your Welcome!
Old 08-27-04 | 09:26 PM
somguy2u
Driver School Candidate

awsome movies gues, and dave i want the rest man - and mark is right, your car sounds whicked
Old 08-28-04 | 06:28 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Has anyone else seen this video - the video is linked from here - http://www.prudensconsulting.com/for...p?TOPIC_ID=794

I found it mildly insulting and a bit amusing............

Please don't respond to it on the Lexusdragon forum. All of us are more mature than that kid I would rather not start a mudslinging match there. Just keep your responses here. I just wanted to share it with you guys before I delete it off of Lexusdragon.com. Thanks!
Old 08-28-04 | 07:52 AM
ColumbusIS
Driver School Candidate

Typical moron lumping eveybody together because of someone else. I surely don't lump all Miata owners together because of the one Miata owner I saw lock them up infront of a tractor-trailer causing it to go into a ditch in the median ... all because the Miata owner got squeezed on the enteance ramp. Yeah .. Lance did get a little "Racer X" on crossing the double yellow in '03, but Dave addressed it this year and I think everyone took it too heart. Hell ... even my slow-assed, bringing up the rear self drifted slightly over once. Dude is just jelaous of our cars ... Ford Miata ... pffffttt
Old 08-28-04 | 09:35 AM
somguy2u
Driver School Candidate

the only cool thing about a miata is that a v8 fits in it,

one person can set the tone for the group in their actions, no its not fair - yes it happens. this year everythign went fine if you ask me.

Last edited by somguy2u; 08-28-04 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-28-04 | 10:22 AM
jiggafett
Rookie

Default .

That was funny, but I beleive there's a few copyright laws broken in the meanwhile. All in all it was funny to see how **** someone can be about the stupidest thing. Who cares???
Old 08-28-04 | 04:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Yeah, whack 'em in a couple of days Hameed (and ban 'em, ban their IPs). Crossing the line IS very dangerous and I think we all took it very seriously this year and did a much better job overall with safety.

Fact is everybody gets close to the line on that road, sometimes people cross. When that happens that means the driver should the slow down. The car in that video last year definitely was over and that's something we tried to avoid this year.

Miatas are great handling little roadsters, but let's face it, it's usually considered a girl's car. If it makes those guys feel big spamming the Dragon forum have at it, we'll prune it off. The bikers live in the MOST fear for the Miata weekends because of their reckless driving. Just search through killboy pictures for their weekends and in less than 30 seconds you can find plenty of over the line pictures.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...um=0&adjust=-1

Lucky used Miatas are so cheap, they can pick up another easily.
Attached Thumbnails 3rd Annual Tail of the Dragon 2004 Drive & Meet in NC/TN Great Smoky Mtns on 8/20-22-061001_miata.jpg  
Old 08-28-04 | 04:33 PM
willyis300
Rookie

HAHAHHA nice dave...you otta post that pic in the thread before you shut it down,

Miatas are girls cars....hell if your a guy and can actually fit in one and be comfortable than you mise well have a poose in your crouch. I tired drivign one of those and couldnt even depress the clucth pedal because my knee hit the foking dash,,,, Miatas are ghey as hell....if you want soemthing small get a MINI or a LOTUS
Old 08-28-04 | 09:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by k3turbo
sorry about that paul, keep checking on it though since it may be back up fairly soon
Got it. KILLER video - really good camera work, good editing, fun music. Way to go!!!

Thanks a lot for doing this and sharing.
Old 08-29-04 | 12:35 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Like Hameed said, ignore the Miata guy, he's just jealous. I didn't see much of anything worth getting worked up over in that video. It was quite cool, in fact.
Old 08-29-04 | 01:45 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

geez, i just watched the vid that the miata guy posted. obviously he has nothing better to do then to have a pity party for himself since he doesn't have a lex and couldn't be with us at the dragon this year.
Old 08-29-04 | 01:51 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Originally posted by amy011079
geez, i just watched the vid that the miata guy posted. obviously he has nothing better to do then to have a pity party for himself since he doesn't have a lex and couldn't be with us at the dragon this year.
So true...
Old 08-29-04 | 02:22 PM
jiggafett
Rookie

We all know who this guy is, right?

He's that annoying tattle tale ***** from work who nobody likes and thinks he the ***** 'cause he's been to The Skip Barber Driving School.

That guy needs a life, all that time spent butchering Randys vid and he could've done something better with his time wasted....loser!

...my .02

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Tail of the Dragon 2004 Drive & Meet in NC/TN Great Smoky Mtns on 8/20-22