Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

3rd Annual Tail of the Dragon 2004 Drive & Meet in NC/TN Great Smoky Mtns on 8/20-22

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-05, 11:31 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Oh - and I'm thinking of a more skinnied down event for this one.... a few less raffle prizes and classroom, more hanging out and driving. The raffle last year was a major PITA for me (still is) for items not coming in and I've spent WAY too much time chasing that stuff down which honestly took a lot of fun out of it for me.

If somebody else can help with solicting sponsors and prizes (mainly from local dealers) that'd be much appreciated... I can round some up from ClubLexus. I'm going to focus on obtaining sponsors and prizes for our monster Lexus meet in the DC area in the August timeframe instead.
Old 02-16-05, 12:35 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
What do you guys think about May 28? (most arrive May 27, leave in late AM on May 29 - main drive Sat 28th)
FYI, that's Memorial Day Weekend. That could be good (folks like me coming from FL or other far-flung points would be able to drive the Dragon Sunday as well as Saturday) or that could be bad (heavier holiday slow sightseeing traffic on the Dragon?).
Old 02-16-05, 12:36 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm game if the holiday doesn't mess us up.
Old 02-16-05, 12:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Unless there is some big biker weekend (should be on the dragon website) I think sightseeing won't be bad... it's usually at its peak in the fall with the changing of the leaves.
Old 02-16-05, 12:44 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

I have setup the attendance page on the website - http://www.lexusdragon.com/confirmed_attendees.aspx to be database driven and if you are coming for the event you can go ahead and post your profile and uplaod a pic there too.

Right now it is posting the pic and profile immediately to be visible on the page, however I will change that in a day or two so that new entries are not immediately visible, but only after being approved. My profile is on there now, but I will take it off as I can't come for it. Too long of a drive.

Yes, that is annoying, but someone posted up an NWS pic of a very ugly hairy rear end of a male a couple of days ago and I didn't notice it till this morning. Sorry guys, I don't want x-rated pics posted on there.

This same functionality will be on the Huge Lexus event meet in August, once we finalize on a name so that I can setup the website for it.
Old 02-16-05, 12:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Many thanks as always Hameed. I didn't notice the butt as I haven't had a chance to test yet, but your approach is a good one. I can help with review of attendees.
Old 02-16-05, 05:47 PM
ColumbusIS
Driver School Candidate

My apologies to Dave ... I found this about 2 seconds after posting on .net, and he was quick on the reply before I could delete
Old 02-16-05, 05:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Hey no problem, responded over there too. Too many threads on different forums in different regions for me to look at sometimes .
Old 02-20-05, 08:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

OK folks, I don't think we have come up with any better alternative dates for the weekend, so I've put a call in to the hotel to see if they can give use the discount and/or reserve a block of rooms.

Its a holiday weekend so they might not be able to (which means we'll need to call sooner and reserve rooms). I should hear back tomorrow from Sue's boss at the hotel.

Once we get that bit of info locked down, I'll start another thread (with Hameed's help to reset the dates on the www.lexusdragon.com website).
Old 03-10-05, 09:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Hameed,

Sent you an email with all the changes to Lexusdragon website outlined Many thanks from all of us for developing and hosting this website. Participants in this meet - please help Hameed out by referring any web design / hosting / online ebusiness needs you have to him & his company Prudens Consulting.

I've been in touch with Sue at the Microtel and arranged our discount. Rates are a little higher than in the fall, but still reasonable. I blocked 16 rooms, (including 6 suites, 5 single rooms, 5 double rooms) and we can up that as needed. She said we should book as soon as possible.

Single queen rooms with discount are $62.96
Double queen rooms with discount are $67.46
Suites are $80.96 (have 1 queen, 1 sleeper sofa and mini-kitchen) with discount
The Jacuzzi suite is $98.96 with discount.

If you want to call now, please reference the Lexusdragon website for the Microtel local # and ask for the 'Lexus' group rate.

I still need to get to the lunch spot and confirm our reservations. Will do that shortly.

Once the website is updated and I get reservations confirmed, I'll lock this thread and start a new post here on CL and on My.IS and LOC.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-10-05 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-10-05, 09:26 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
I have setup the attendance page on the website - http://www.lexusdragon.com/confirmed_attendees.aspx to be database driven and if you are coming for the event you can go ahead and post your profile and uplaod a pic there too.

Right now it is posting the pic and profile immediately to be visible on the page, however I will change that in a day or two so that new entries are not immediately visible, but only after being approved. My profile is on there now, but I will take it off as I can't come for it. Too long of a drive.

Yes, that is annoying, but someone posted up an NWS pic of a very ugly hairy rear end of a male a couple of days ago and I didn't notice it till this morning. Sorry guys, I don't want x-rated pics posted on there.

This same functionality will be on the Huge Lexus event meet in August, once we finalize on a name so that I can setup the website for it.

nice work Hameed

i like the weather update in the corner
Old 03-10-05, 09:52 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Thanks for the updates, Dave.
Old 03-10-05, 10:38 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
nice work Hameed

i like the weather update in the corner
You're welcome! It has been a pleasure and passion of mine to be involved with this stuff. I am a car enthusiast at heart!

http://www.lexusdragon.com has been updated!
Old 03-10-05, 10:56 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Hameed,

Sent you an email with all the changes to Lexusdragon website outlined Many thanks from all of us for developing and hosting this website. Participants in this meet - please help Hameed out by referring any web design / hosting / online ebusiness needs you have to him & his company Prudens Consulting.

I've been in touch with Sue at the Microtel and arranged our discount. Rates are a little higher than in the fall, but still reasonable. I blocked 16 rooms, (including 6 suites, 5 single rooms, 5 double rooms) and we can up that as needed. She said we should book as soon as possible.

Single queen rooms with discount are $62.96
Double queen rooms with discount are $67.46
Suites are $80.96 (have 1 queen, 1 sleeper sofa and mini-kitchen) with discount
The Jacuzzi suite is $98.96 with discount.

If you want to call now, please reference the Lexusdragon website for the Microtel local # and ask for the 'Lexus' group rate.

I still need to get to the lunch spot and confirm our reservations. Will do that shortly.

Once the website is updated and I get reservations confirmed, I'll lock this thread and start a new post here on CL and on My.IS and LOC.
The # is 1-828-479-6772

Thanks again Dave!

Old 03-10-05, 11:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154283

Closing this and moving on to 4th annual