Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Who's in Miami???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 06:54 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who's in Miami???

I'll be flying into Miami on the 29th for 5-6 days (depending on the cost of louging ) vacationing with a couple friends and checking out Skyline importers. Is there anyone in the area who wants to meet up, or even just point me to the party-club scene?
Old 06-16-04, 12:01 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where in Miami are you going to be staying?

Main party scene is South Beach and Ft Lauderdale Beach. Depends on what kind of clubs that you are interested in as I am not much into the rave scene, but I am familiar with some of the other types of hangouts and could make a few recommendations for you.

And if you want, I'd meet you for a drink someplace if you're not opposed? LOL!

And I take it that you are looking at possibly getting a Skyline.
Old 06-16-04, 01:16 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Ed, we have no idea what we're doing there . We have tickets, are itinerary is 'fun', and everything else is off the cuff. We won't know where we're staying until we walk out of the airport. I don't even think we're getting a rental car! I wouldn't even be opposed to living on the beach for 5 days . I'd be glad to meet up for a drink, though I'm not a heavy drinker. You'll see...

Actually it's the two friends that I'm going with who are both getting R32 or R33 Skylines. I'm just along for the ride
Old 06-16-04, 01:42 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

That's cool, although I would recommend trying to be a little less spontaneous on the hotel since things can get pretty crazy from one weekend to the next and there might not be many hotel rooms to be had.

The Delano on South Beach is nice but also pricey. But you would be right in the heart of things on South Beach. In addition, Orbitz or other travel sites would be able to help you folks secure a room ahead of time at a better rate.

In Ft Laud, there are few choices from the Hyatt at Pier 66, to various hotels that are along the beach.

Hopefully you or the folks you are coming with have some knowledge of the South Fla. area as it can be dangerous in some areas and the problem with down here is that you can't always tell by the look of the surroundings if you are in a safe area or not. Although Dade County (Miami) is more of an issue than Ft. Laud.

If you want, I will be glad to help with suggestions and it's not a big deal if you don't drink much, the key is that there are so many ways to have fun that it should be an exciting trip with a little bit of planning and someone to kind of guide you as to what to watch out for when you are here.

Also, I would suggest getting a rental car as there are so many things that you can do down here and taxis can get pretty expensive. And in some areas, public transportation is non-existant.
Old 06-16-04, 07:07 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by WhiteTiger
That's cool, although I would recommend trying to be a little less spontaneous on the hotel since things can get pretty crazy from one weekend to the next and there might not be many hotel rooms to be had.

The Delano on South Beach is nice but also pricey. But you would be right in the heart of things on South Beach. In addition, Orbitz or other travel sites would be able to help you folks secure a room ahead of time at a better rate.

In Ft Laud, there are few choices from the Hyatt at Pier 66, to various hotels that are along the beach.

Hopefully you or the folks you are coming with have some knowledge of the South Fla. area as it can be dangerous in some areas and the problem with down here is that you can't always tell by the look of the surroundings if you are in a safe area or not. Although Dade County (Miami) is more of an issue than Ft. Laud.

If you want, I will be glad to help with suggestions and it's not a big deal if you don't drink much, the key is that there are so many ways to have fun that it should be an exciting trip with a little bit of planning and someone to kind of guide you as to what to watch out for when you are here.

Also, I would suggest getting a rental car as there are so many things that you can do down here and taxis can get pretty expensive. And in some areas, public transportation is non-existant.

i also agree with ed about certain area and about taxis , bro's you need a rental and you would be better off securing a hotel prior to arrival unless money is no object

i am also in ft lauderdale , will you have a lap top for internet access if so hit me up a pm as to your whereabouts maybe ed and myself maybe even johnee78 (all part of the "commission" ) get meet up with you guys/fellow cl mem for a couple of hours
Old 06-16-04, 07:43 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the tips guys, although, we are 21-23 year old college guys on a budget, so it will probably be "hotel" with an "m".
Old 06-16-04, 10:03 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Originally posted by lex400sc
Actually it's the two friends that I'm going with who are both getting R32 or R33 Skylines. I'm just along for the ride
Originally posted by lex400sc
Thanks for the tips guys, although, we are 21-23 year old college guys on a budget, so it will probably be "hotel" with an "m".
“College guys on a budget” and “Skylines” are mutually exclusive.

Anyways, what gives with Florida? I though you had to go through MotoRex if you wanted a Skyline?
Old 06-17-04, 03:16 PM
TNH
Pole Position

I'm the guy looking at the skyline with lex400sc. I am in college, but I sold one of my vehicles and will be replacing it with a skyline.
Motorex isn't the only one that can legalize, althought hey have led many to believe that is the case. We are looking at 6 R33's in the FTZ at Port Everglades, and we will be speaking to the owner of the cars as well as the compliance company. I am not sure I want to be the gineau pig on this one, but I am going to check the cars out and learn as much as I can about the compliance.
This trip will mainly be for fun and to learn some new things about this potential importer. I will most likely be purchasing a 1990 R32 from a private party once I return from FL. I have located one not to far away, and have made arrangements to go take a look at it. The R32 is much more affordable for me, and I like the history behind the original "Godzilla". I also think the square, rough edged body has a mean look to it.

Last edited by TNH; 06-17-04 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-18-04, 07:29 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

I wouldn't mind going with you guys to look at the skylines if you don't mind? As it gets closer just let us know and we will figure something out.

On the hotel, there is a good Marriott Courtyard at US1 and Commercial Blvd that is not too far from both the Ft. Laud Beach and Port Everglades. And it should probably be in your budget if you book it thru one of the travel sites. In addition, I suggest flying into Ft. Laud. International as this is right near Port Everglades.

The Miami airport is a beast, even seasoned travelers can have difficulty there, not to mention it is about 45 minutes from Port Everglades, vs about 5 minutes from FTL. Just something to consider.

Anyway, let us know and we will help you out if we can.
Old 06-22-04, 01:12 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

The skylines that you are talking about are at auto terminial BUT they are for export out of the country .

Last edited by Dew23; 06-22-04 at 01:13 PM.