Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Orlando Meet In Need

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-04, 09:30 AM
Unvme
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lexusondubs
ok ed, I'am going to hold you to your words lol I will try to contact race rock once again to ask them to host a meet for us. but it would be easier if our local Orlando and Lakeland members would help out with ideas as well as locations to better accomidate. I'am thinking around late January and I need to know about how many cars will be attending ... matt your friends shop can it accomidate a bunch of cars?? [p.s. thanks matt for that awesome e-ticket ride] and are they willing to host for us, lets make this next meet a group planned meet not just 1 person making all the arrangements and the decisions
I will be at the dyno shop next Saturday so I can ask for more details. Im sure they will onyl let us go there is people are wanting to dyno. I dont know how big of an interest people have for that.
And as for the ride..My pleasure..Wait till next meet when the Methanol and spray are in working order MUuaahhaa..
-Matt
Old 11-04-04, 10:25 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

matt call me when u get to o-town maybe if a couple people show up we can talk to different places into hosting
Old 11-04-04, 09:26 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
shawn , god spare my life and and my families life and nothing happening to the ride , my word is bond.. i will be there , orlando is a pleasure to drive to..

i have a close friend who lives in orlando and is one of the head trainers at the largest ballys gym there..he competes in the npc as a heavyweight and hes ripped .. he offered once to have the general manager host a event like we did down here at la fitness.. he had said his manager was very receptive to the hosting and was also willing to put on a body building comp and bikini contest for the ladies

pm me if you guys want to entertain the notation and i will hook you guys up with my friend.. i would connect the guys directlt in orlando responsible for bringing it all together
thia sounds good to me DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS ??? ok ed pm sent thanks
Old 11-04-04, 09:54 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im new to orlando... just moved here yesterday, but i will definately be attending. i need to meet some ppl, anyways.
Old 11-04-04, 10:25 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by lexusondubs
thia sounds good to me DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS ??? ok ed pm sent thanks
its not an objection but its opinion of mine that we don't do another meet at a parking lot again. i liked the park idea cuz we can BBQ and relax and eat and have some drinks where as being in the middle of a minie mall parking lot in front of a gym isn't very eye catching imo..plus we weren't very comfy standing around the parking lot last time. a park where we can set up tents and they have BBQ's would b great imo so we can enjoy the sun for a while and hide from it after a while aswell and eat,drink, sit together...well almost together. to drive up to Orlando and sit in a gym's parking lot and have men and built up woman pose for us isn't attracting imo, but other should chime in and c if they want this. plus the same was offered at the last LA fitness meet and no show was performed(mayb for the best). if u guys can find a park up there where we can do these things and mayb set up a volley ball net to play volley ball or kick a soccerball around that would b fun and would give the day some activities instead of just standing around. its all up to u guys, i'm just saying that if we're going to meet up again lets do something interesting for a while. where we can have food,drinks,and nice picture taking scenary instead of a mall parking lot with a publix in the background.

chime in guys with ideas.

Last edited by bluelex; 11-04-04 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-04-04, 11:08 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by bluelex
its not an objection but its opinion of mine that we don't do another meet at a parking lot again. i liked the park idea cuz we can BBQ and relax and eat and have some drinks where as being in the middle of a minie mall parking lot in front of a gym isn't very eye catching imo..plus we weren't very comfy standing around the parking lot last time. a park where we can set up tents and they have BBQ's would b great imo so we can enjoy the sun for a while and hide from it after a while aswell and eat,drink, sit together...well almost together. to drive up to Orlando and sit in a gym's parking lot and have men and built up woman pose for us isn't attracting imo, but other should chime in and c if they want this. plus the same was offered at the last LA fitness meet and no show was performed(mayb for the best). if u guys can find a park up there where we can do these things and mayb set up a volley ball net to play volley ball or kick a soccerball around that would b fun and would give the day some activities instead of just standing around. its all up to u guys, i'm just saying that if we're going to meet up again lets do something interesting for a while. where we can have food,drinks,and nice picture taking scenary instead of a mall parking lot with a publix in the background.

we just did the bbq picknick thing at howard park yes its a good idea for something like that but i noticed that just about everyone was standing by there cars and talking.. the girls/wives were about the only people who really sat down at the meet some didnt even sit to eat so yes the parking lot does suck in the sun but sometimes you have to take what you can get sort of speak
Old 11-05-04, 04:53 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i will say i that the la fitness was just a get together , i too would prefer a more scenic approach then a lot as well but i am told by my friend that the ballys is on a free standing lotas far as any contest , you knew exactly in advance what the manager had said about it that their corp office was not going to approve it however the ballys gm had agreed to allow one up there as far as now i dont know ...

as shawn said take what we can get sounds good to me to finally bring north and south together for a meaningful get together..those who can acknowledge that should attend i guess
Old 11-05-04, 05:33 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i htought race rock sounded good.. because we could all meet , then go inside and eat lunch or soemthing otgether, maybe play some games .,.. the bbq is alrigth but its going to b kinda cold.. i donthtink we are gonna want to stand outside the whole time.. you got to member it will be january (one of the coldest months for florida), anyone thinkin bout this other than me?
Old 11-05-04, 05:35 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

perhaps we can do a double... bally's during noon and if we can get race rock for evening and get dinner there too
Old 11-05-04, 06:59 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hey i am very open to anything just as long as we all can get together north and south for gain i will say adrian has made a good point about parking lot scenerio , for i too dont really enjoy standing around a parking lot but as shawn has pointed out if thats all we got , i'm game ..

theres always cocoa beach or port canaveral to do a park like thing with cruise afterwards down international drive in a tight concession
Old 11-05-04, 07:23 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 00lexondub
i htought race rock sounded good.. because we could all meet , then go inside and eat lunch or soemthing otgether, maybe play some games .,.. the bbq is alrigth but its going to b kinda cold.. i donthtink we are gonna want to stand outside the whole time.. you got to member it will be january (one of the coldest months for florida), anyone thinkin bout this other than me?
mayb its colder in January in orlando than it is here in West palm, cuz january is about 70 during the day here, mayb as low as 60-65 during the day , i know at night it gets much colder but mayb its colder up there during the january days?

shawn- i was saying that a park with a BBQ with other activites like say volley ball,soccer. a b-ball court. something like that. not just a park with food....mayb we can raffle things off if we can get some vendors to help sponsor the event, and we wouldn't b standing around all day if we set up a tent and get some lawn chairs, shoot mayb we can get some cards games or dominoes.......if we pre-plan this right than noone will forget to bring some lawn chairs and noone will b standing around unless they want to. i don't know what race park is ? if we start to get to much movement like from one area to other we will start to lose people as not everyone want to drive all around town....i was just figureing if we can get a park with a very nice scenary and get a lot of pre-planned activities for the day we could really enjoy the day and have things to do instead of just taking pics...

Last edited by bluelex; 11-05-04 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 08:41 AM
islex32
Driver

I like BlueLex's ideas. I think he is just saying to have things planned out a little better. I can agree with that. If I am traveling a hour or more to go to a meet I would much rather go some place that is nice like a park or something rather then to just stand around in a publix parking lot. Plus you seem to have more issues in a place like a parkin lot..... Just from my experience....
Old 11-05-04, 12:01 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

hmm that sounds fine... only thing is ive lived in orlando since may and i dont know of any such parks. i know of a few back in Mass. :P but thats one heck of a drive
Old 11-05-04, 12:35 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

mayb its colder in January in orlando than it is here in West palm, cuz january is about 70 during the day here, mayb as low as 60-65 during the day , i know at night it gets much colder but mayb its colder up there during the january days?

shawn- i was saying that a park with a BBQ with other activites like say volley ball,soccer. a b-ball court. something like that. not just a park with food....mayb we can raffle things off if we can get some vendors to help sponsor the event, and we wouldn't b standing around all day if we set up a tent and get some lawn chairs, shoot mayb we can get some cards games or dominoes.......if we pre-plan this right than noone will forget to bring some lawn chairs and noone will b standing around unless they want to. i don't know what race park is ? if we start to get to much movement like from one area to other we will start to lose people as not everyone want to drive all around town....i was just figureing if we can get a park with a very nice scenary and get a lot of pre-planned activities for the day we could really enjoy the day and have things to do instead of just taking pics...
yes adrain i agree with your plans 100% i would like that as well
Old 11-05-04, 04:34 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

so anyone know of any parks/campsites w/ view that would host?

Quick Reply: Orlando Meet In Need