Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Orlando Meet In Need

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-04, 08:12 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

with all that said, guys from the Orlando area would need to find out if their is such a place where we could do all or some of these activities,

Last edited by bluelex; 11-05-04 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-05-04, 09:25 PM
islex32
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a idea, Celebration at Disney has a big parking lot and then a nice lake area. There are shops, a movie theater, and places to eat there too. I actually have seen antique car shows there. Also maybe at Disneys wide world of sports complex there might be some room. You could definately kick a ball around there.
Old 11-05-04, 10:06 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

you guys could work it out with OLD TOWN on international drive... every saturday night there is a old car show.. actually... ITS PIMP.. i ve been to it alot.. maybe we can work something out there.. and if you guys dont know old town.. there are simulated drag strips, lots of shopping, go carts, everything you would wasnt tot do.. lots of bars,,, also has sky coaster and that kind of stuff.. JUST A idea though..
Old 11-06-04, 06:09 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

1)found the link to old-town..

http://www.old-town.com/

I think its the place your talking about?? once you confirm i will contact them about hosting a meet for us and see what can be done.

as for otherplaces... i am still looking around to see what i can find for activities!

2)race rock would host something i believe if we still want to do that

http://racerock.com/racerock/index.html

3)found another interesting place...

http://www.fun-spot.com/

4) As for state parks... it looks good to do too

http://www.floridaparks.com/stprks/c...sstatepark.htm but a lil outta the way

Old 11-06-04, 06:41 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

ya that is old town....
did you check out the car show schedule for october...
October 8 & 9: Octobervettes 2004 - Come out and see over 450 of the most beautiful Corvettes found in the United States. At 4:00pm there will be an exclusive Corvette only cruise, or watch them as they lead the Saturday Nite Cruise. For more information, call (727)817-0679.

October 16: Sunshine State Cougar Club - Back at Old Town for another exciting show & swap meet this club is sure to please. The show begins at 10:00am when the most beautiful Mercury Cougars pull in to show their stuff. Then at 8:30pm they will lead the Saturday Nite Cruise as our VIPs. For more info call Bruce Wallace at (407)222-1021.

October 23: Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac & Cadillac (B.O.P.C.) - This annual show is one of the ones you don't want to miss. With always over 250 of the best classic vehicles to hit the brick streets. For more information please call Charlie Amaral at (727)857-1937.

October 31: CRX Club of America - Back by popular demand Old Town welcomes this club to show over 65 CRX's as a part of a charity promotion with XL106.7FM's Baby DJ Fund. For more info call Ken Ostrow at (407)310-0340.

see maybe we could do here.. seems to be nice.. but we would need a big meet... none of this 10 car stuff.
Old 11-06-04, 07:49 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 00lexondub
ya that is old town....
did you check out the car show schedule for october...
October 8 & 9: Octobervettes 2004 - Come out and see over 450 of the most beautiful Corvettes found in the United States. At 4:00pm there will be an exclusive Corvette only cruise, or watch them as they lead the Saturday Nite Cruise. For more information, call (727)817-0679.

October 16: Sunshine State Cougar Club - Back at Old Town for another exciting show & swap meet this club is sure to please. The show begins at 10:00am when the most beautiful Mercury Cougars pull in to show their stuff. Then at 8:30pm they will lead the Saturday Nite Cruise as our VIPs. For more info call Bruce Wallace at (407)222-1021.

October 23: Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac & Cadillac (B.O.P.C.) - This annual show is one of the ones you don't want to miss. With always over 250 of the best classic vehicles to hit the brick streets. For more information please call Charlie Amaral at (727)857-1937.

October 31: CRX Club of America - Back by popular demand Old Town welcomes this club to show over 65 CRX's as a part of a charity promotion with XL106.7FM's Baby DJ Fund. For more info call Ken Ostrow at (407)310-0340.

see maybe we could do here.. seems to be nice.. but we would need a big meet... none of this 10 car stuff.
now this sounds like a plan!!!!!
Old 11-06-04, 09:10 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

if we get this to work... we'll need people to Show *cough* to have a Big Meet as planned!

And when a roll call is started... this means only sign up if you will definately be showing. No matter what

00lexondub have you been to Old Town? i have never been there so i dont know what its like... i think someone should at least scope out the area and takes some pictures before agreeing to make it the spot
Old 11-06-04, 09:30 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

i have just emailed old-town.com and requested more information about having a Lexus Meet... i will keep you guys updated as i get more info
Old 11-06-04, 10:51 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i am in for sure .... you can count on between 20-35 of us from down south... when you talk with old town , show them the pics from the dec 7 meet at lexus of pembroke pines to show that you guys are very serious and quite large , just a suggestion

can we do this for dec maybe before it really gets cold up there
Old 11-06-04, 01:39 PM
islex32
Driver

Sounds good.... I will be there for shure this time. I would have been at the other meet if I had not gotten into a wreck. Old Town sound great to me...
Old 11-06-04, 01:42 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow man old town sounds very interesting i have never been there but i have heard alot of good things about it iam in !!!
Old 11-06-04, 01:59 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i was at old town about 3 weeks ago... i should taken some pics but this want on my mind.. i wont be back down to orlando until mid december.. ummm... OLD town is NICE,.... usually they have live bands... beer... activiteies, beer,.. and some other stuff.. plus the drag strip they have ius pretty neat... (you get into a mustang dragster and go 1/4 in 1.9 seconds.) its incred fast.. and you race against a freinds for best reaction times.. very interesting.. also just alot to do in old town.. its always a day tripw hen i got to oralndo..
Old 11-07-04, 05:10 PM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

Yeah old town is a great place for a car show. I've been there quite a few times.
Old 11-08-04, 02:13 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

So heres the Response. I have emailed them my info so i should be recieving a packet with more details soon

Hi John,

We love having car shows of all types here at Old Town. In case you have never been to Old Town, I have a promotional packet I can mail you, including videos of car shows and how they are set-up. If you provide me with your mailing address, I will be more than happy to send.

Old Town is home to the largest weekly car cruises in America and host to some of the best regional car shows. Our Friday Nite Cruise is going into its 7th year and is for vehicles 1973-1987 and the newer customs & exotics. The Saturday Nite Cruise is going into its 15th year and is for the true classics, vehicles 1972 and older. We average about 300 classic cars on a Saturday and 100 cars on a Friday. On Friday nights gates open at 5pm and they cruise down the brick streets of Old Town starting at 9pm. On Saturdays, gates open at 1pm and the cruise starts at 8:30pm. We always have a live rock n’ roll band on the main stage.

Old Town is a small attraction outside of Kissimmee, one mile east of I-4 and within minutes of Disney World. We house 75 unique specialty shops, 8 restaurants and 18 amusement rides. With free admission and free parking, we are a great choice for young and adults.

Car shows enjoy coming to Old Town because we have a lot to offer. Having a variety of things to do for everyone in the family is a draw for many event planners. There are many hotels within walking distance that offer great deals to car shows visiting Old Town, including the Days Suites which is a suite that sleeps up to 6 people and includes a full kitchen.

Depending on what you are looking to do, length of the show, etc., I can give you more details as to what we offer. In your planning, please keep in mind that we have the National Corvette Restorer’s Society Winter Meet on January 19-23 and the Classic Chevy International/Worldwide Camaro Association Winter Meet on February 10-13.

As I mentioned before, I can provide you with a packet if you e-mail me your address and if you have more information about what you are looking to do you can provide, I can give more details.

Thank you for considering Old Town and I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Ingrid A. Berkley
Marketing/Promotions Director
Old Town
5770 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Suite 324
Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 396-4888
Old 11-08-04, 03:57 PM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

Sounds good to me. Let me know if you need any help John.

Quick Reply: Orlando Meet In Need