Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Orlando Meet In Need

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-04, 04:57 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Orlando Meet In Need

So about that Orlando Meet that would be able to gather people from Southern FL, Tampa, and the Jacksonville area...

Let's start with When's a good date before we decide on where...
at this past weekends meet we were talking and the idea of Race Rock on International Drive came up... apparently they offered 10% off food+drinks at the restaurant but nothing ever got put together... hopefully the offer is still there... any other ideas?? lets hear them! BIGGIE MEET IN NEED!

-John

Is January too soon?? i was thinking like the 8th or so..
Old 11-01-04, 06:26 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Orlando would b fun. i think January would b a good month, we have to about late febuary for great weather down here b4 rain season starts again so as long as we do it b4 than we should b fine. i think Orlando would b more central for a lot of people from south to west florida and north aswell, and depending on how big we can get it u might c guys from Gorgia come down...

Last edited by bluelex; 11-01-04 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-01-04, 07:54 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

orlando is cool.. im in again.. and i can stay whole time.
Old 11-01-04, 07:55 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

anytime is fine wih me.... maybe i can bring some other jville people with next time.. lets get a big meet together so we can catch up to those cali meets
Old 11-02-04, 05:52 AM
Unvme
Driver

You all know I am down. Maybe we can even do a dyno event. I ahve freidns at Aerocomp racing. they have a NICE dyno facility..Just an idea..
-Matt
Old 11-02-04, 06:07 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Florida folk,

I'm going to be down in Orlando, visiting my parents during Dec. 22 to New Year's. I'm not sure if you guys had planned on arranging a GTG around the Christmas interval or something, but I would love to meet some of you guys while I'm down there. Let me know

-Doug
Old 11-02-04, 06:08 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

how big is there place matt?? we should look into something that can hold a good amount of cars if we get something going where people from s.fl, tampa, jville and even maybe Ga down here for...
Old 11-02-04, 06:10 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexusk8
Hey Florida folk,

I'm going to be down in Orlando, visiting my parents during Dec. 22 to New Year's. I'm not sure if you guys had planned on arranging a GTG around the Christmas interval or something, but I would love to meet some of you guys while I'm down there. Let me know

-Doug
tahts cool, i know a good amount of guys around the area so im sure i can get them to come together... i got friends coming to visit from beantown the 26th-1st so if we meet up sometime between the 22nd and 25th it'll work
Old 11-02-04, 06:15 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by badxIS300
tahts cool, i know a good amount of guys around the area so im sure i can get them to come together... i got friends coming to visit from beantown the 26th-1st so if we meet up sometime between the 22nd and 25th it'll work
Awesome man! I'll definitely keep you informed, and as the time gets closer, we can exchange numbers and other info. I'll bring some CL stickers (early Xmas present)
Old 11-02-04, 08:11 AM
jblex
Driver School Candidate

ME AND A COUPLE OF OTHER CL MEMBERS, ARE DRIVING DOWN TO DAYTONA JAN 27TH-31 FOR THE ROLEX RACE , WOULD BE COOL TO MEET UP
JASON
Old 11-02-04, 08:27 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

yeah.. i could probably gather up a couple guys for that weekend sat. or sun. and take the drive up... ill be back at school in tampa about 2 hrs away
Old 11-03-04, 11:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

you guys put this orlando thing together and i as well as others from south fla will be there .. orlando is no trouble for guys like myself , johnee78 wayne scoupra etc etc to get to

Old 11-03-04, 07:44 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok ed, I'am going to hold you to your words lol I will try to contact race rock once again to ask them to host a meet for us. but it would be easier if our local Orlando and Lakeland members would help out with ideas as well as locations to better accomidate. I'am thinking around late January and I need to know about how many cars will be attending ... matt your friends shop can it accomidate a bunch of cars?? [p.s. thanks matt for that awesome e-ticket ride] and are they willing to host for us, lets make this next meet a group planned meet not just 1 person making all the arrangements and the decisions
Old 11-04-04, 05:15 AM
jblex
Driver School Candidate

JUST CHECKED THE DAYTONA SITE , THE 24HR ROLEX RACE IS FEB 5-6, WILL BE DOWN ON FEB 3RD, LIKE TO MEET UP, IF YOU GUYS HAVE IT THAT WEEKEND, IF NOT HAVE A GREAT MEET
JASON
Old 11-04-04, 06:14 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

shawn , god spare my life and and my families life and nothing happening to the ride , my word is bond.. i will be there , orlando is a pleasure to drive to..

i have a close friend who lives in orlando and is one of the head trainers at the largest ballys gym there..he competes in the npc as a heavyweight and hes ripped .. he offered once to have the general manager host a event like we did down here at la fitness.. he had said his manager was very receptive to the hosting and was also willing to put on a body building comp and bikini contest for the ladies

pm me if you guys want to entertain the notation and i will hook you guys up with my friend.. i would connect the guys directlt in orlando responsible for bringing it all together

Quick Reply: Orlando Meet In Need