Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-01, 04:59 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does Atlanta have AT&T Wireless CDPD coverage? If so, I'll have my laptop with wireless internet so we can have the ClubLexus page up all the time.

Does anyone have a large overhead canopy tent type thing? That way we would have somthing outside of the sun? Lets try to make a list of what would be needed/cool to have.

I'm in for a couple shirts....If they're only $5 a piece, I want like 4 of them. How big does the order need to be for you to get them made? And what type of design would it be?

SR
Old 07-01-01, 06:27 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone have a cellphone with speakerphone? I just got MapQuest directions, and it says Atlanta is almost 7hrs for me to drive. I doubt that I'll be making it on Sunday How many people are going to be at the meet on Sunday? If it is going to be a pretty big thing, I guess we can come down there. We'll see. I've already gotta drive up to DC and maybe Philadelphia Wed/Thurs, so I'm not sure if I'll be burnt out on driving already!

I got unlimited long distance on my cell, so I can call someone at the meeting and give input on anything needed. I'm up for helping out with anything we need for NOPI, usually I can come across stuff somehow.

SR
Old 07-01-01, 07:08 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe we should setup a time for all the NOPI people to meet in the ClubLexus chatroom too... I just noticed that there's one on here! I've been talking to rhart00, who lives here in Raleigh near me. He might be up for NOPI too. This will be awesome if we can get a LOT of us there!

SR
Old 07-01-01, 07:17 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Wow! Advertising in the paper? Geez! Well maybe I should do something around here like that. Or even better....I'll talk to rhart00 about it.....he works at the local Lexus dealership. Maybe he can pass out flyers to all the Lex owners that come in there! That would be cool to have a train of cars coming from NC down to NOPI.

SR
Old 07-01-01, 07:44 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Durn it....I can't find any info on the "official" path on their site. Hmmm....

SR
Old 07-01-01, 07:57 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

I found it!

http://www.nopinationals.com/nats_2k1_superstreet.shtml

SR
Old 07-01-01, 08:24 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, I must say. I'm getting pretty excited thinking about NOPI now. I'm going to do part of the Tour 2001 that is going from Philly to Atlanta. I'll most likely meet them in Greensboro, NC Thurs night, and go from there. Anyone that is on the tour gets a cool benefit Fri night. Here's the info from their site:

THE TOUR 2001 DRIVE INN
We have rented a drive inn theater outside of Atlanta. This Drive Inn will hold 2,700 vehicles and has
six screens. Universal Pictures has agreed to loan us six copies of their new summer blockbuster, The
Fast and The Furious.
Attendance will be limited strictly to TOUR 2001 participants
Event Date: September 14th.
Event Time: 8:00 PM to 11:00am
Event Location: Starlight Six Drive Inn
Address: 2000 Moreland Ave. SE, Atlanta, GA, 30316
Entry Cost: FREE to TOUR 2001 participants.

Now that should be great. Anyone else from up north going to join this?

SR
Old 07-02-01, 07:29 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Just got off the phone with NOPI. Anyone that has a SC has to be in the Sport Coupe class....we can't be in the same class as the GS's and such:

Toyota/Lexus Supra/SC300/SC400 Conservative J500
Toyota/Lexus Supra/SC300/SC400 Mild J510

So those are the two us SC people can be in!

SR
Old 07-10-01, 04:50 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

So for us all to park together at NOPI, we have to arrive on Sat. at the same time. Where is everyone going to meet on Sat. morning, and at what time? What all was decided upon at the meet last Sunday?

And is anyone setting up a display?

SR
Old 07-12-01, 06:30 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Default NOPI

We have not made any decisions yet. I think that only 5 or 6 of us signed up at our last meet. We are not really going to compete, just hang out. There are only a few (Jazziz, Bitkahuna) that are really worthy of competition. I definately am only going to hang out with the guys and check out the other rides. 1SICKLEX and Jazziz seem to be taking the lead in organizing this trip and I am sure that more information will be forthcoming in the near future. Stay in touch.
Old 07-12-01, 10:55 AM
Jazziz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car worthy of competition?? Big LOL on that one Kaygee.

The list so far:
Jazziz
1SickLex
Bitkahuna
Kaygee
ComputerWiz
rhart00

possibles:
csr
SC300Turbo

I'll keep everyone posted on the logo banner and awnings.
Old 07-12-01, 11:39 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Me and rhart are going to follow the "Super Street Tour" down there on Friday so we can see FnF for free. He's got a SC400 with a bomex kit and other stuff. I've got a sc300, and should have my bomex kit on by then. Odd that the only two SC's i've heard of with the bomex kit....are both in Raleigh, NC.

SR
Old 07-12-01, 05:31 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Default NOPI Pics

Oh ya....I'll be taking my digital camera, so I can take pics for the ClubLexus gallery "meetings" thing. Shoot...I'll have wireless internet there, so I can upload pics while we're at the show! (Although it's not the fastest thing...lol)

SR
Old 07-16-01, 06:05 PM
Jazziz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sumitted the registration forms today. They told me that we will have an excellent assigned area for our group, probably near the vendor area since we registered early. They will mail out the packages to us mid- August.

Logo banner colors? blk on wht, wht on blk? Suggestions would be helpful?

Last edited by Jazziz; 07-16-01 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-16-01, 08:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally posted by Jazziz
Sumitted the registration forms today. They told me that we will have an excellent assigned area for our group, probably near the vendor area since we registered early. They will mail out the packages to us mid- August.

Logo banner colors? blk on wht, wht on blk? Suggestions would be helpful?
Thanks again for all your work on this. I think white text on black background will stand out better.

I'm still foggy on how we will 'hang' any sign. Will you rent or buy some kind of 'awning' or pole/frame thingy?

By the way, I ordered the Tom's rear STB from Steve today :-)

Quick Reply: Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!