Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-01, 04:26 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jazziz
Get this, Mrs. Jazziz likes the latest and greatest the best after showing her the logo at the top of each CL webpage.

One day, I'm gonna get an opinion of my own.
Somehow I had the feeling she would like that one. Wait a minute...how do I know THIS isn't the mrs's now. Have you locked up Jazziz and taken over his screen name!!!
Old 07-23-01, 05:45 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like that last one....that says "The Lexus Community" at the bottom! Makes it look more "professional" since most everyone else there will have a banner of some sorts. This would make our banner look "cooler" lol

SR
Old 07-23-01, 10:09 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Banner

Instead of The Lexus Community, how about www.clublexus.com?

Old 07-23-01, 10:28 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Here's what it could look like.
Attached Thumbnails Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!-cl-logo-4.jpg  
Old 07-23-01, 10:36 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

You could make it really "busy" and put the www.clublexus.com under the left, and "The Lexus Community" under the right.

SR
Old 07-23-01, 10:42 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
You could make it really "busy" and put the www.clublexus.com under the left, and "The Lexus Community" under the right. SR
I'm right with you on that one. As soon as I saw the post suggesting "www.clublexus.com" I decided to see what it would look like with both of them. Busy is right. If you guys want I can toy around with it and see if I can't make the banner with both to see what it looks like...your call.
Old 07-23-01, 02:21 PM
Jazziz
Driver

I agree the "lex Commun" one looks more professional. What about the web address at the bottom in a smaller type.?

Last edited by Jazziz; 07-23-01 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-23-01, 03:23 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

I think you should not put the community part on, it does look proffesional, but this is a car show... I think you should put the web address in a smaller font, hopefully this will get some more hits for the site. This is just my opinion, and everyone will want something different. Good luck.
Old 07-23-01, 04:50 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Thanks for the input guys. Here are a few ideas for the word combo design. Also, some suggest they just want "www.clublexus.com" instead of "The Lexus Community" well, if that becomes the case then I can just take the desired banner and replace the words - that is if you don't go with the combo design. There are two main decisions:
1. Wheter or not to have both sets of words (what I call combo)
2. Where to place the words
Attached Thumbnails Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!-cl-logo-5.jpg  
Old 07-24-01, 12:47 AM
Jazziz
Driver

Seems a bit busy, IMO.

CL members, vote your opinion in the poll. I want to send our decision to the graphics shop towards the end of August.

Last edited by Jazziz; 07-24-01 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-24-01, 07:11 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,412 Likes on 1,581 Posts

I think 'The Lexus Community' is too stuffy. How about 'We kick ***' instead?
Old 07-28-01, 11:19 PM
Jazziz
Driver

Hey Folks,

From the voting so far, the logo underlined with the web address is winning. I'm getting close to submitting the design to the graphics shop. Any objections otherwise?
Old 08-16-01, 01:03 AM
Jazziz
Driver

Default Update

Hey All,

It looks like the Nopi info packet with your passes and parking assignment should be mailing this week or next, according to Bobby who's running the event.

The banner with our logo, underlined with the web address, in the 3'x9' format will be about $81. This size will look less square than the 3x6, but costs about $25 more. Any objections?

The dilemma now is the awning. The rental price from the closest place near me is $70 for a 10x10 Fri noon - Mon noon and $90 for a 20x20. I figure the seven cars I have reg forms for, plus maybe 1-2 peeps that may want to join our group equals on the min 20 people. What size would be appropriate? I was in Sam's Club Sun and saw a 8x12 for $139. A guy I work with who is a Boy Scout troop leader says they'll buy it from us. What would be a good price? I figure since the smallest rental would be $70, purchase price minus the rental price would be fair. Or we can just keep it and pass it around to whom ever needs it.

Buying the awning plus the banner comes out to $32.62 for the seven reg forms I have on file. Give me some input.

I'm also thinking of a place to meet up Sat morning. As I mentioned in a previous post, there will be a lot of cars roaming around them thar hills that morning. I live 1/4 mile off of the main drag 6mi north of where Atlanta Motor Speedway is on. The swimming pool is right near the entrance of the subdivision, that may work for us. rhart and Computerwiz will be staying directly east of the event. We'll work that out later.

Frank

Last edited by Jazziz; 08-16-01 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-16-01, 07:06 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

I say, go for the bigger awning. $33 each seems reasonable to me. Should we get the money to you sooner or just wait until the big day? Also, it may be a good idea to get a list of everyone's cell phone number. That way, we can round up the stragglers before we head out.
Old 08-16-01, 09:36 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Bigger sign sounds good to me to. I'll go for whatever price we end up at.

Bigger awning too,

And I'll meet wherever need be...I'm not worried about driving out of the way. If there's a hotel that's closer to you that you'd reccomend, I can do that too. Shoot me the name/phone number/address and I'll see what kinda prices I can get outta them.

I'm having trouble getting my car complete in time....I'm just running out of weekends FAST!! UGH! Anyone wanna let me borrow about $10k so I can have somone do the work for me? LOL

Finally did get my alarm in....now I can put my dash back together! Woohoo! No more wires getting caught on my foot when I hit the clutch...LOL

SR

Quick Reply: Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!