Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-01, 10:40 PM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a lot of vendors not going

i heard a lot of vendors canceled showing due to the events in NYC and DC. anyone confirm or deny??

Arthur
Old 09-12-01, 10:54 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up 400GDRZ

Hit me on my e-mail The_Ikon1911@yahoo.com... I will be in my green 400 coupe, a friends green Maxima, or my brother's silver Boxster...

933005spd are you coming?

Wiz show that damn car!!! The SC class may need more custom coupes!!! At least bring it....
Old 09-12-01, 11:12 PM
Jazziz
Driver

WassUp Y'all,

Guess what? My last long post before the upgrade got deleted, but I know it was not CL's fault, and I'm ok wit that.

To resummarize, I went to Nopi Sep 5 to get a low down on our late comers, and the event coordinator basically said our area (Red H) was full. He assigned one and a half parking spaces per car for us so that we can have our doors open with no interference. It would be up to us if we wanted to squeeze in anyone else.

I've got the 14' x 18' canopy and sandbags + sand, to hold the canopy down since we will not be able to use stakes on the paved surface we will be parked on. The banner is ordered and should be ready tomorrow (Thur). It ended up being 27" x 12'. The odd height came about b/c that was the size of the stock available in black that we wanted, and the width was so that it could be strung between the long side of the canopy with no problems, I hope.

I mentioned our arrival time of @ 7:15 am to the coodinator, and he pretty much said we may want to get there a little later since there may be quite a few cars parked at the tunnels from the night before. Let's say we change our meeting time time to 7:30 am with a departure time of 8:00 am Sat.

I also need input on the types of beverages we may want to take in our coolers. Being that the size limit of the coolers is restricted, some "cooler networking" may be necessary, and do we want some finger foods to snack on? These two questions need to be resolved rather quickly since time is now of the essence, I need to reassemble the car after the cleaning.

If there are any questions about directions, e-mail or PM me.

See Ya
Old 09-13-01, 06:00 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Default i will probably be there with my coupe

i need to do some work on it, LIKE REPAINT THE ENTIRE FRONT BUMPER. but if i don't need to pay an entrance fee, i will show with you guys and represent CL. Let me know if i can squeeze in with you guys. only draw back is that i need to leave on sunday morning. SORRY.

Are all the vendors still going to be there?? i heard not

Arthur
Old 09-13-01, 11:55 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Where are we meeting at on Friday night? I'm not arriving until late evening now. Hey guys hit me on my e-mail with some cell numbers or locations and times.............

The_Ikon1911@yahoo.com

See you guys later.... and by all means drive SAFE!!!

The Ikon
Old 09-14-01, 07:44 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm at the Confort Inn, McDonough, GA. 770-954-9110 rm 131.

Anyone else around here??? There's a friggin MILLION ricers at this hotel...they're all like "man, never seen a lexus done up like that" LOL

Anyone out and about tonight? I was gonna go back downtown, but it's already late as ****...

SR
Old 09-14-01, 08:16 PM
The Man 986
Rookie

Default yo man

Hey yo computer wiz thats madd funny. You know what?? I was supposed to stay at the hotel and now I decided not to go because I am muslim and my parents got scared or some ****..but newayz we coulda chilled...haha hope u guys have fun at nopi..im out later,
Sultan
Old 09-14-01, 08:28 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Ya I heard that Atlanta was one of the targets that was supposed to be hit, they said a sporting arena?!?!?! I hope the speedway isn't what they were planning on....

Damn I hope they've got bomb sniffing dogs and stuff at NOPI on the way in....it could be kinda dangerous there. From everyone I've talked to and seen on TV, NOPI is the ONLY event still going on.... Maybe I should call the FBI and tell them!

SR
Old 09-14-01, 08:31 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Jazziz..... where is there a car wash (the wash it yourself type) around here? I gotta wash my car in the morning before I come up there. I've got 500 miles of bugs and tar on the car...uck!

SR
Old 09-14-01, 09:24 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Holy ****....

Called the local FBI office here in Atlanta, they had NO IDEA that NOPI was even going on!!! They were like "are you sure it's still going on? there's gonna be that many people there at once?!"

Geez! And to think they're the FBI! Well at least now they know, and hopefully they'll have some dogs and stuff there!!

And I'm betting that they show up at my hotel door now LOL

SR

Last edited by CmputerWiz; 09-15-01 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-15-01, 02:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,412 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Sheesh, good job I checked this section this morning - I didn't see your post Frank before now (could've e-mailed too maybe?). I'd be at that pool area by 6:30 and not a happy camper. Still, can't go back to sleep now .

See ya at 7:30. I've got bagels and cream cheese for us for breakfast!