Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-01, 12:44 AM
Jazziz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went last year and was saddened by number of Lexus vehicles represented. I had the thought back then, 1SICKLEX has mentioned it numerous times, and after the last club meet in ATL I was emboldened. Folks if you could please help me, I want ClubLexus represented in a major way.

In addition to the Big East Coast event proposed by Marken from Swift Racing in the D.C. area this summer, I would like you all to come to the Nopi event, at the Atlanta Motor Speedway, because I have seen normal, custom, and one off vehicles from TX to IL, FL to NY, and all points in between including Cali are there. This event usually takes place the last weekend in September. All the vendors are usually there from the audio guys to the tire guys, Millen, TRD, etc.

If this thing really gets going, I will need some help organizing. LexRx, "the graphics guy", those 3ftx12ft banners with the club logo on it, we'll have to find someone to manufacture them. I'm trying to get this Lex "Think Tank" in motion. Myself and hopefully 1SICKLEX and other ATL residents, will work the hospitality and event side for those that are interested.

I've attached a photo of the only Lex I saw on Sun. If I remember correctly his name is Scott and he was from FL and a member of this board. His Turbo GS300 was super sharp, and the die cast model GS on the roof of his car, made me want one badly. Hopefully he'll see this tread and provide some input for us.

Attached Thumbnails Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!-nopi.jpg  

Last edited by Jazziz; 05-05-01 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-18-01, 10:52 PM
GS3dawg16
Driver School Candidate

Cool NOPI

I'll go and represent!!!!!!!!!!!Keep me posted.
Old 06-07-01, 07:59 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Count me in, I'll be there
Old 06-07-01, 10:56 AM
Jazziz
Driver

Post Time To Register

It's getting close to registration time. To ensure we are assigned to the same parking area, the registration forms need to be submitted at the same time. I will volunteer to be the point man for form collection. I recently talked with bitkahuna about the event and we were thinking that maybe turning them in sooner would result in a favorable location. You can print the forms from the NOPI website, http://www.nopi.com or I have about 8 or 9 on-hand and can snail-mail it to you. The registration fee is $65, includes two weekend passes. They accept checks and money orders made out to NOPI. The two catagories I believe we would fall under are Asian Luxury Lex/Toyo/Infini/Nissan (conservative J830) or (mild J831). I'm registering as cons/J830. Hopefully we'll have a big club turnout.

I want to turn the forms into NOPI by Jul 16 or sooner.

E-mail me for the address to send the forms to
JazzizOne@mediaone.net

Last edited by Jazziz; 06-07-01 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-12-01, 04:03 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

just saw your message today Jazziz, didn't ever think I got any in my box. Unfortunantly I probably will not be able to make it due to a number of factors - the idea of having all the ClubLexus members meet in one place sounds cool - take pictures okay.

Even though I'm not going, if there is some way I can help just let me know. You want some kind of banner design?

-Nick
Old 06-27-01, 10:51 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm game for this. I went to NOPI a few years back in a *ack* Hyundai. (it was the only convertible Elantra in the US though). My SC300 is mainly stock, only had it a little over a month. I may have wheels by then though.... I've put in an Alpine TV, PlayStation2, two 15" subs, little stuff like that. An of course a ClubLexus sticker on the car! I'm still game for going!!

SR
Old 06-28-01, 06:32 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Ok since I made that last post...umm....yesterday, the car has changed. I'm getting a custom exhaust built Friday, new gear-shift **** should be in next Tuesday, I'm thinking about ordering some 18" Mille Miglia Action Sports tomorrow, getting my windows tinted today, and....umm....getting one of those heat shields that "933005spd" is selling.

Now I feel better about going to NOPI with my car....I wouldn't want to appear there with a mostly stock car!

SR
Old 06-28-01, 06:14 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Who all is going to NOPI so far, and what ride are you taking? Just want to get an idea of what to expect from ClubLexus! And does everyone have a ClubLexus sticker that's going?

SR
Old 06-30-01, 01:02 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

I will be attending the show on saturday, but only as a spectator. I will stop by and hang out with you guys though.
Old 07-01-01, 01:59 AM
Jazziz
Driver

sirsomo,
we'll be spectators as well, but we won't have to walk as far from the parking lot!
Old 07-01-01, 05:21 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Spectators....aren't we actually entering? Anyone know how many cars they're expecting this year?

SR
Old 07-01-01, 08:17 AM
Jazziz
Driver

CompWiz,
I believe this year it will be at least 5000 cars entered in the event. The spectator comment was a joke about not having to walk in from the vast parking lot!!!
Old 07-01-01, 09:35 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

SO are y'all setting up nice displays for your cars? Or just parking them in a row? I used to always setup displays, so I'll probably do the same sorta thing. I've been outta the show circuit for a while, so I'm gonna hafta look around and see what the judges are liking these days!

SR
Old 07-01-01, 02:51 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Hey y'all....I just reserved my hotel. I called all of the ones that NOPI has listed, but they're farther away. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn, McDonough, GA. It's right off 75, at 20, so you can take 20 straight to the speedway. About 7mi straight drive. When I called them they said the rates were higher because of NOPI, $81 a night.

Well I went online to ComfortInn.com and reserved it. $59 a night. Anytime I call a hotel and they say it's higher, go online and use their central reservation system, they never have the upcharges in there. You'll get your confirmation number and everything, and there's nothing they can do. They never even question it....I've done this prolly 20 times (I travel a LOT for work).

Here's the link to the hotel for any out-of-towners that want to stay there too...

http://www2.choicehotels.com/ires/en...o?sid=Mh7Sg.2h$gBE8EN.2&hotel=GA150&sname=McDonough&sstate=GA&scountry=US&sunits=M&sradius=40.22&slat=33.447224&slon=-84.14694&schain=CI&exp=

Ya it's a long link. There's a resturant and bar off the hotel too. And it's right on 75 so to cruise up to downtown wouldn't be too awfully bad.

SR
Old 07-01-01, 04:33 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Default Display

To make a real impact at NOPI we'll need more than just cars...even if they are all Lexus'. It sounds like you guys are trying to get a banner, Im sure there is at least one guy one the board who works in the printing industry. If there is a demand, I can look into getting us some cheap t-shirts from a friend who makes them in his basement. I cant promise quality, but they'll be less than 5 bucks......

Quick Reply: Nopi Nationals... Let's Do It!