Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

SELOC Sticky (site is back up and running!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-04, 09:25 PM
LexFather

Default SELOC Sticky

Hey everyone, Gavin and I apologize for the site being down. We were hacked and after Gavin put the site back up, the hacker did it again. Gavin is working very hard to fix the problem and keep this from happening again.
In the meantime, it is business as usual with the NEXT monthly meet going down next Sunday, Dec 5th at 2pm at our SELOC spot downtown.

Please list anything here in this sticky.

Mike
Old 11-28-04, 07:39 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there but will be late. I'm going to my company christmas party at 12.

1. amy - late
Old 11-29-04, 10:07 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to go off topic but why would someone hack a car forum? what do u gain from that? could it be an unhappy camper that was banned or played out by you guys or just a nerd with nothing to do? i'm just wondoring
Old 11-29-04, 10:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
sorry to go off topic but why would someone hack a car forum? what do u gain from that? could it be an unhappy camper that was banned or played out by you guys or just a nerd with nothing to do? i'm just wondoring
nerd with nothing to do. He hit lots of different websites running the same software / exploiting same security hole.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-29-04 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-29-04, 08:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gavron1
The site was hacked on Wed. before Thanksgiving, I was able to restore things after about 3 hours of reloading, but then they got into the server and shut it down. The owner of the server was rushed to the ER for a viral infection on Tues and was unaware of the issue until Sat when he came out of ICU and was able to get in contact with his tech support. He called me last night to apologize and explain what had happened and to say they are working on resolving the problem. Things are down why they rebuild and move us over to a new server.
Another Holiday cheer like we received last year at Christmas for those that remember that.
Hopefully things will be back up before the end of the week...Sorry for the inconvenience
Old 11-29-04, 08:40 PM
wiz2
Rookie

Man that sucks

I thought I was banned or something.
Old 11-29-04, 08:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Originally posted by wiz2
Man that sucks

I thought I was banned or something.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-29-04 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 08:26 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell me about it. I have been trying to get on since last week. People even called me and asked if everything was alright and are we still together. I told him Mike and Gavin went nuts so we had to take em out back to shoot em.....

I hope you guys find the fix soon. If there is anything my computer illiterate (sp?) butt can do, yall know my number.

BTW, Since I still DON'T have my car situation resolved AND I have my little niece's b-day party on Sunday, I will be a no show. Sorry.
Old 11-30-04, 09:54 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Mike,

I miss that site. Get it up.....
Old 11-30-04, 02:57 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

yep major withdrawals going on for me too.
Old 11-30-04, 03:41 PM
bags
Driver

I was wondering what was going on...

I'll be a no show on the monthly meet... work calls... sorry mike.

And sorry jaime things are not solved yet.

Hi amy and dave
Old 11-30-04, 06:48 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bags

And sorry jaime things are not solved yet.

I got my first estimate from the insurance company this afternoon.

We're at $7k for the body work so far. There will likely be more added to that once they tear the car down. That doesn't even include stereo stuff either. That can only be looked at and accessed when they pull part of the trunk off of it.

The silver lining? The car will go to the body shop w/i the next day or so and I get to add some new stuff while the car is taken apart.
Old 11-30-04, 08:19 PM
wiz2
Rookie

Speaking of new stuff. The we traded in the wifes 98 Accord for a 2004 Accord EX L w/ NAV Sorry not a Lexus, but I know the Sales Manager at Hendrick Honda we got a hella deal. ES's and IS's couldnt come close.

Bring SELOC back before I have to join TOV !!
Old 12-01-04, 07:49 AM
gavron1
Rookie

Well I have a few minutes to spare so I will drop a little post in here to say hey,.... and that I may end up making the meet on Sunday it all depends on work.
As for the site I have no idea what the status is on the server or the owner. I am actually worried that whatever happened to him may be pretty bad since I have not heard back from him in 3 days. That tells me that he probably has not left the hospital yet and is not able to contact me again.
I am however working on moving the entire site to another host but I am having terrible difficulties trying to move the database with all the galleries and forum posts in it, so I am not sure it is going to work without being able to access the old data on the hacked server.
I will try and keep you guys posted as to when things will be back to normal.
Old 12-01-04, 06:01 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

its cool gavin we know that you are doing all you can when you can. keep us posted like i know you will. i miss everybody!!

jaime that is terrible hun! i'm so sorry! glad it will be in the shop soon though. keep us posted on that too!

hey bagsy!! hehe sorry. bags. hope all is well with ya hun.

Quick Reply: SELOC Sticky (site is back up and running!)