Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Request for car for photoshoot - South Florida, Sunday 1/9

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-05, 07:22 AM
dune
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
great work again tony.. you skills are simply outstanding.. i always had a affection for those gti even way back with the 16v gti , we used to call them pocket rockets but the r32 is sweet as well

again outstanding phots and a great looking car
Wow, thanks guys for the compliments and anticipation!

Ki, you may have to give me until Monday night to get the pictures up.
Ed, you are too kind.
Old 01-14-05, 12:55 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nope, you gotta have them up my sunday night..... hahaha. thats cool. i cant wait. maybe oneday you can photograph my car if i ever get some exterior mods.
Old 01-16-05, 09:09 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry for the let down guys... And Tony, again many apologies for not being able to keep the car in one piece until Sunday. As my luck would have it, this happened not 12 hours before the shoot. I should have it 100% by next Sunday. I've already done all the fiberglass work and it's one tidy piece now. Later on today I'll start the bondo/bodywork and hopefully paint it by midweek.

Again guys, sorry about that. That's the nature of body kits. I parked over a tree root that snagged the kit as I reversed out. Pulled it off and snapped it in two.
Attached Thumbnails Request for car for photoshoot -  South Florida, Sunday 1/9-damn.jpg  

Last edited by CleanSC; 01-16-05 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 01-16-05, 12:58 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

ouch... sorry about your luck. btw.. not to get off topic, but what steering wheel is that? and do they have it in tan? there are just so many that work with the sc, its hard to tell what is what. you can pm me if its easier. thanks.
Old 01-16-05, 01:13 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

looks like a GS300 steering wheel to me Scott
Old 01-17-05, 05:16 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
ouch... sorry about your luck. btw.. not to get off topic, but what steering wheel is that? and do they have it in tan? there are just so many that work with the sc, its hard to tell what is what. you can pm me if its easier. thanks.
It's just your standard post '01 Lexus 3-spoke. You could basically install any Toyota steering wheel you want, really... It's the airbags that are harder to match up. On this style wheel, 99% of the airbags are dual stage while the SC is single stage. It took me forever to find the single stage chrome emblem airbag but I did finally, and it was worth it.

Installing the older style 3-spoke with the color-keyed emblem is much easier (and cheaper). It's the more square three-spoke that came in most Lexus cars prior to mine (RX, GS, SC...)