Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

4th Annual Taming the Dragon Lexus Meet, May27 - 29(pg 4 back home!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 10:24 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmecbr900
I have no idea why it is some of us seem cursed............................BUT I just got news that HIN ATLANTA has been moved to May 28th. I repeat; Someone in their infinite wisdom has now decided to move HIN- Atlanta to 5/28. Unfortunately for me, that means I'm stuck going to HIN due to sponsor requirements. I'm so mad right now I don't know what else to say.

http://www.hotimportnights.com/calendar.asp

BTW, for the Atlanta folks: they also moved the venue BACK to where it was last year. There was a big to do about where it was last year compared to real civic center, so they were scheduled to have it AT the real civic center this year........WELL, not anymore....
son of a *****!!! I cannot believe that they moved it to that weekend. what are the freaking odds of that????

dang jaime i'm so sorry about that!
Old 03-25-05, 09:53 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

I can't believe another "tuner show" scheduling conflict like last year! Is it worth rescheduling the Dragon drive?
Old 03-25-05, 10:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by jruhi4
I can't believe another "tuner show" scheduling conflict like last year! Is it worth rescheduling the Dragon drive?
No, we'll only lose a couple of folks to the show. The spring Dragon weekend was a major pain to pick, and all the other weekends are pretty much taken by other (large) events in the surrounding months..
Old 03-25-05, 07:14 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So, look like I will be driving up there by myself again. I want to test the new 2006 at the Dragon's, I mean, easy testing....lol...

I know Jaime much be p??sed about the change, because he wanted to go to the Dragon's so bad.

Dave, I tried to sign up ,but something wrong with the site.
Old 03-25-05, 07:42 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey hopefully you won't be alone, I am hoping to be able to make it, all depends upon how the car comes together.
Old 03-25-05, 08:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by VVT-i
I'll let Hameed know. He's setting up the east coast meet website and probably touched some of the shared code
Old 03-27-05, 06:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

So, look like I will be driving up there by myself again. I want to test the new 2006 at the Dragon's, I mean, easy testing....lol...

I know Jaime much be p??sed about the change, because he wanted to go to the Dragon's so bad.

Hey Nuum, please sign up now. Problem fixed!
Old 03-27-05, 08:03 AM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't summit it. The " Car model" and " Capability of Car" are blank and when I click " Summit" it take me back to same screen.
Old 03-28-05, 05:09 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I can't summit it. The " Car model" and " Capability of Car" are blank and when I click " Summit" it take me back to same screen.
Problem really fixed now! My apologies for this nonsense.
Old 04-25-05, 10:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

So far we've got sixteen cars and 28 people attending!

I'd also like to let folks know we have a special guest Bitkahuna who is flying into Charlotte and riding with us for the meet! It's a bit too far to drive from his new home in FL!

If you are on the fence, go ahead and get your hotel now and sign up. You can always cancel the hotel, but you'll be SOL if they run out of rooms.
Old 04-25-05, 07:24 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

17 cars and 30 people now!

http://www.lexusdragon.com/confirmed_attendees.aspx
Old 04-25-05, 09:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Anbody know who Judy is? Not ringing any bells for me. Nice M3 though.

Old 04-27-05, 06:42 AM
IS300Trace
Driver School Candidate

judy is the owner of Desmond Performance... shes a real one of a kind... doesnt know much about cars or customer service.... but shh i didnt say that. dave im on the fence about weather or not i can go to this or HIN... my girlfriends graduation is the 27th and i HAVE TO BE THERE ahha, would there be anyway to go to HIN on the 28th and still show, and again i want to stick with you, so if your showing with someone like team drivin or anything you think i can squeeze in again?

ps HIN charlotte was awesome, i had so much fun.. so did Mallorie once people started to take pics with her! haha, it was great meeting you.
Old 04-27-05, 12:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by IS300Trace
judy is the owner of Desmond Performance... shes a real one of a kind... doesnt know much about cars or customer service.... but shh i didnt say that. dave im on the fence about weather or not i can go to this or HIN... my girlfriends graduation is the 27th and i HAVE TO BE THERE ahha, would there be anyway to go to HIN on the 28th and still show, and again i want to stick with you, so if your showing with someone like team drivin or anything you think i can squeeze in again?

ps HIN charlotte was awesome, i had so much fun.. so did Mallorie once people started to take pics with her! haha, it was great meeting you.

aha, NOW it makes more sense, thanks for the heads up! Jeff had hs GT3 in her booth at HIN. That's cool, maybe she can bring some Desmond stuff for giveaways

Unfortunately the Dragon and HIN ATL are the same weekend this year and it's nealry impossible to do both (and have your car show-ready). I'm just going to do the Dragon and not HIN ATL. I *AM* going to do the DUB show in Charlotte in late summer, but you'll need to pick up some aftermarket wheels for that one as a requirement.

We had the date all picked (HIN ATL was later in summer) arrangements made with hotel, food, on calendars, etc and HIN changed their date because of a conflict with a Dub show. They seem to stalk us because they did the same thing last year.

Personally, I like the dragon better. Much more laid back, a smaller group and an awesome drive.
Old 04-28-05, 06:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
So far we've got sixteen cars and 28 people attending!

I'd also like to let folks know we have a special guest Bitkahuna who is flying into Charlotte and riding with us for the meet! It's a bit too far to drive from his new home in FL!

If you are on the fence, go ahead and get your hotel now and sign up. You can always cancel the hotel, but you'll be SOL if they run out of rooms.
Thanks again Dave, I'm psyched! Folks - if you've not been this is the BEST piece of public road you can drive on if you like twisty handling.

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Taming the Dragon Lexus Meet, May27 - 29(pg 4 back home!)