Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Moving to FL in a month

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-05, 10:59 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation Moving to FL in a month

A few of you may already know this, but I will be making the big move from Connecticut to Florida in about a month from now. It's a 1,200-mile trek, but I look forward to the long road trip in my ES (just needs one more oil change before we leave). I will find myself in my new home in Orlando (also where my parents live), so I'm sure I will be seeing some of you Orlando CL crew like ki_soarer and badxis300 around town

For those of you who are curious, I'll be starting my MBA studies full-time in Rollins College of Winter Park FL, beginning Aug. 29th. I'm not particularly interested in getting a full-time job while in school, but a part-time, weekend type of job may be of some interest to me, so let me know if you have some info about it to share.

Also, if you have any tips or advice about preparing for living in Florida (i.e. weather, tax rules, etc.), please let me know. This is a good time to ditch all of my winter clothing and gear (but I'm gonna miss my snowboard!)

Finally, I remember reading that there are some forum discussion links related to Orlando, especially for car clubs. Does anyone know what they are? TIA

-Doug
Old 07-08-05, 02:26 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck on your trip down here Good to see another CL member thats active in the community coming down to hang out with us.
Old 07-08-05, 05:53 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats on the move to FLA your gonna love the winters down here.
Old 07-08-05, 05:56 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusk8
A few of you may already know this, but I will be making the big move from Connecticut to Florida in about a month from now. It's a 1,200-mile trek, but I look forward to the long road trip in my ES (just needs one more oil change before we leave). I will find myself in my new home in Orlando (also where my parents live), so I'm sure I will be seeing some of you Orlando CL crew like ki_soarer and badxis300 around town

For those of you who are curious, I'll be starting my MBA studies full-time in Rollins College of Winter Park FL, beginning Aug. 29th. I'm not particularly interested in getting a full-time job while in school, but a part-time, weekend type of job may be of some interest to me, so let me know if you have some info about it to share.

Also, if you have any tips or advice about preparing for living in Florida (i.e. weather, tax rules, etc.), please let me know. This is a good time to ditch all of my winter clothing and gear (but I'm gonna miss my snowboard!)

Finally, I remember reading that there are some forum discussion links related to Orlando, especially for car clubs. Does anyone know what they are? TIA

-Doug

Old 07-13-05, 09:57 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Bump. I'm still interested in finding out the car club meet links in Orlando. There has to be someone here who's a member in one of those car club forums

I also want to know where are the usual hang-out spots around Orlando for most of the Lexus/Toyota crew. How is the Lexus/Toyota of Orlando dealership (as far as getting parts, service, body shop, etc.)? Just gathering knowledge.
Old 07-15-05, 12:26 AM
advan7
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Orlando. I-4 drivers suck, traffic bites, and so do mosquitos, but then again it beats frigid winters.

I'm not really sure where all the spots are anymore. Some people used to meet at the UC7 Plaza across from UCF, but there are always different spots. Another forum you might wanna check out is orlandoforums.com. I think they banned me lol for posting our events there.

Anyways, I've never been to a lex/sc meet here in Orlando yet, but would love to see what everyone drives. And again welcome!
Old 07-15-05, 12:10 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

advan7- You need to come out and chill with us!!!!

lexussk8- pm me whenever you get down here and ill fill you in on the spots
Old 07-15-05, 12:17 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

advan7- You need to come out and chill with us!!!!

lexussk8- pm me whenever you get down here and ill fill you in on the spots
Old 07-15-05, 01:17 PM
advan7
Pole Position

Sweet!

Where do you guys usually chill?
Old 07-15-05, 01:53 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Damn Doug, we are losing a very valuable member up here in the northeast. Who am i going to follow to all the NY meets now lol.
Seriously guys, Doug is a stand up class act guy and you will be rewarded with his presence.
Old 07-15-05, 02:07 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

welcome doug glad to have you here in the hurricane state

you might regret coming to hang with us down here , we be some bad influeneces on peoples pockets down here so be prepared to spend some loot

hopefully you might join us for the drive to atlanta in sept for nopi atlanta , we should have a 35-50 car count driving up for the weekend
Old 07-15-05, 07:17 PM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

was up man welcome, enjoy ur stay but dont for get to check out MIA! miami
Old 07-28-05, 05:06 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. As of right now, it's been a bit hectic organizing and packing all of our belongings, but we are planning to have everything loaded into my car (plus another car) and be on the road to FL by 8/5. As long as the closing of our condo here goes smoothly on 8/1 and according to plan, everything should be right on schedule, and we'll be in Orlando by 8/7 (in time for the Orlando mini-meet on 8/20)

I can almost feel the Florida sunshine already
Old 07-28-05, 05:25 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default 1 thing

isn't it more than 1200 miles, I clocked almost 900 from ky to ct. And florida border is minimun 8 1/2 9 hours to kentucky??
Old 07-28-05, 05:51 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fireballs gs400
isn't it more than 1200 miles, I clocked almost 900 from ky to ct. And florida border is minimun 8 1/2 9 hours to kentucky??
On Yahoo Maps, the mileage count is roughly 1160 miles from my home to Orlando FL. Driving time should be between 20-23 hours, and we're going to take at least 1 night for lodging (probably down in the Carolinas).