Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Roll Call for Nopi Nationals 2005 in ATL ( updated list on page 1)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-05 | 02:12 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ok guys, I'm up and about to head out in a few. Me and John(italian Lex) will a little a head of you guys But we're stopping in melbourne to pick up my new grill. Than taking 95 up for about 20 min to catch back on to the turnpike. so mayb we'll be a little ahead of you guys. Mario I have your info I'll call you let you know where we are........ See you guys up there drive safe and good luck.....
Old 09-16-05 | 05:33 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Default where do i register on nopi site

There is no place to register for the Atlanta event, just others like Tampa and Ohio
Old 09-16-05 | 09:16 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

I'll be there. Dunno if i can get my car in the show this late though. I'll be in a white SC300 with wheels. GA tags. Was there last year too.
Old 09-16-05 | 09:26 AM
wiz2
Rookie

Thumbs up

www.nopinationals.com If you have problems viewing the images in this email, click here
Please Help With Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief
Dontations for both the Salvation Army and the American Red Cross will be taken at the entrance gates to the NOPI NATIONALS.

The American Red Cross will be taking cash donations

The Salvation Army will be taking non-perishable food, diapers and toys

The 2005 NOPI Nationals is only days away and if you haven’t already registered or purchased tickets, we advise you to do so in advance, as this will save you a great deal of time on show day. Each year the NOPI Nationals continues to grow in both exhibitors and show contestants making things a bit more crowded and more difficult to maneuver. We want to provide you as much information as possible before you arrive at the Atlanta Motor Speedway in order to make your visit as enjoyable as absolutely possible.

A few weeks ago, the Atlanta Motor Speedway was severely damaged by a tornado that spun off of hurricane Cindy. Damage estimates exceeded $40 million. The staff of Atlanta Motor Speedway has worked tirelessly to have the facility ready for the 2005 NOPI NATIONALS but there will be some changes to the parking and traffic flow.

One of the hardest hit areas was the section used for clubs where the pavilions were located. Seven of the ten pavilions were a total loss and construction crews have removed the other three along with the concrete pads leaving us with a gravel parking area. Please cooperate with our traffic management teams and understand that everything possible has been done to make your visit as pleasant as possible

From our local Police, it is their wish for everyone to have a great time while visiting our area. Most of the Officers working have worked NOPI weekends in previous years and they know that the crowd is here for a good time, but expect everyone to act responsible, wear your seatbelt, obey all traffic laws and they will not tolerate reckless behavior of any kind. Chief Partain of the Clayton County Police Department says our community has much to offer in the way of entertainment and hospitality. There will be many extra officers on duty to assist you in anything you may need and to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit. All that we ask in return is to observe and obey the law and refrain from engaging in activities that may jeopardize the safety and well being of others.

Friday, September 16th will start with vendor set up beginning at 8 AM. All cars that go into booths must be set up by 1PM. At 12 noon, show registration opens beside gate 12 and contestants will be allowed to enter and set up their show cars in their assigned parking area. There is no entertainment or other activities on Friday and only vendors and contestants will be allowed to enter for setup. Everyone entering must have their credential with their name printed and the release at the bottom signed. The release will be stubbed upon entry into the speedway.

Car haulers, tow vehicles and other support vehicles must be loaded and unloaded in the unpaved areas at each end of the speedway. Please move them to the trailer parking area by taking a right after exiting the tunnel, another right at the first street and it is on your right. Please do not block any roadway.

Planet NOPI returns, this year with the best prices in NOPI history, if it’s not in stock at the show, we will arrange the shipping for you. If you plan to get a deal, you’ve got to check out Planet NOPI.

Be sure to place your NOPI Stickers on your vehicle. Goody bags for registered contestants will be handed out at 10am at the Media Center by presenting the RED numbered show credential. NOPI stickers break ties and you must have a NOPI Sticker on your car to be eligible for any BEST OF AWARDS.

Saturday morning the contestant and vendor gates open at 7 AM. New for 2005, at 10 AM we will convert the vendor entrance tunnel into a single lane entrance into the Green or Blue parking areas. This entrance is on Richard Petty Blvd., beside the East Turn Grandstands. One lane has to be kept open as an emergency exit but this should ease some of the traffic problems if those with Green and Blue parking will wait and enter via the service tunnel.

All other contestants will be directed to your parking area by the most direct route by our traffic controllers. Please check the attached map to get an idea of where you will be going once you enter the track and look to see whether you will be going left, right or straight and get into the correct lane and taking the most direct route to where you are to park.

Cruising is strictly prohibited in the speedway. Disqualification and ejection are possible consequences. Leave your car parked until you are ready to exit.

Pre Show Check List
• Contestants and passengers must print your names on credentials and sign credentials. Credentials numbered in red are for the registered contestant
• Place contestant parking sticker outside on driver’s side windshield.
• Purchase extra passenger tickets.
• Park trailers and tow vehicles in the front or rear trailer parking lot.
• Proceed to Contestant Tunnel on Speedway Blvd near the Airport
Please observe the following NOPI & Atlanta Motor Speedway Rules
• No tow vehicles or support vehicles are allowed through the tunnels Saturday or Sunday.
• Please keep the systems toned down so you can hear the PA announcements.
• No glass containers; coolers & trunks checked at entrance.
• No coolers over 14” width or height.
• No camping on AMS facility.
• No golf carts or ATV’s will be permitted. Vendors renting carts from the speedway can not drive them into the fenced in vendor area at any time.
• No pocket bikes or motorized scooters, lawnmowers, etc.
• No weapons or fireworks.
• No illegal substances.
• No pets.
• No cruising inside the Speedway.

FAQs
Question: Diagram of AMS property with show car parking areas in infield
Answer: See Free Day of Show Program

Question: Ticket sales and prices
Answer: One day -- $25.00
Two day -- $40.00
Child 12 and under - One day - $5.00

Question: Credential/Ticket – Pick-up/Will Call
Answer: Spectator/Car Show Contestant – Registration (Gate 12)
Vendor – Vendor Gate
Complimentary tickets – Vendor Gate

Question: Where to pick up Pre-registered credentials
Answer: Pick up at Car Show Registration tent – front parking lot at Gate #12

Question: Where to pick up tickets ordered online? Where is will call for General Admission tickets?
Answer: Due to construction, will call may be relocated. You may pick up your tickets starting at 10am Saturday at Gate 15 at the information booth.

Question: Can I leave my show car parked inside AMS Friday and Saturday nights?
Answer: Yes

Question: Vendor list and location
Answer: Vendor list at all information booths

Question: Information booth list and locations

Question: Handicap parking
Answer: Vendor tunnel

Question: Restroom location
Answer: In the Garage Buildings where all the inside vendors are located.

Question: Where to register for car show
Answer: Register at car registration tent-front parking lot at gate #12

Question: Where to register for the model search or the swimsuit competition?
Answer: Register main stage with the NOPI Staff.

Question: Show car entrance
Answer: Main tunnel of AMS; on right side of AMS coming from Main Entrance

Question: Where to enter contests – USAC, IASAC, BURNOUT, HYDRAULICS
Answer: Outside – register at Car Show Registration tent – Front parking lot gate #12. Inside – register at Media Center Information Booth

Question: Cut off time for registration
Answer: Saturday, September 17, 2005 at 3:30 p.m. – Space available
Sunday, September 18, 2005 at 1:00 p.m. – Space available for Sunday only classes

Question: Cost to enter in show
Answer: $80.00

Question: Car registration includes how many people
Answer: Two people admitted with each car registration. All other people in car must purchase a ticket.

Question: Show times
Answer: Saturday – 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday – 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Question: How do I know if my car has been judged?
Answer: Blue Dot on parking sticker or on windshield

Question: Judging questions
Answer: Media Center Information Booth or judges tent just inside the contestant tunnel.

Question: Class questions
Answer: Media Center Information Booth

Question: Show car parking questions
Answer: Media Center Information Booth

Question: Events: times and locations, preliminary and finals

Question: Lost and Found locations
Answer: Planet NOPI

Question: Planet NOPI – Discount prices
Answer: Days of show only
Saturday - Open at 9:00 a.m./Close at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday – Open at 9:00 a.m./ Close at 5:00 p.m.

Question: Show catalogs
Answer: Given out at pedestrian tunnel entrance and Planet NOPI

Question: Prizes to be awarded:
Answer: 5:00 Sunday afternoon

Question: ATM Machine
Answer: None at AMS. Nearest ATM is across the street at the bank. More on Tara Boulevard northbound.

Question: Spectator parking Location, Cost
Answer: All grass or gravel parking lots – free of charge

Question: Vendor and sales booth area Open, Close
Answer: Saturday open 10:00 a.m. – close 7:00 p.m. / Sunday open 10:00 a.m. – close 5:00 p.m.

Question: Must vacate AMS property
Answer: Saturday 8:00 p.m. / Sunday 8:00 p.m.

Question: Hotels
Answer: Airport area – North on Tara Boulevard – Follow airport signs

Question: Restaurants
Answer: Airport area – North on Tara Boulevard – Follow airport signs

Question: Directions to Atlanta
Answer: North on Tara Boulevard to I-75 North

Question: Vendor Hospitality Area
Answer: Where: Media Center
Time: Noon – 4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Who can enter: Exhibitors with credentials

Question: If I go out, can I get back in?
Answer: Must have hand stamped and show ticket stub, no reentry after 5 PM.

Question: Will security be at AMS Friday and Saturday night?
Answer: Yes, but AMS and NOPI assume no responsibility. AMS will be locked down and security will be on premises all night.
Old 09-18-05 | 09:38 PM
LexFather

We had a fabulous time. Official thread here!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179097