Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Finalization for Lex Get Down 05 meet Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05 | 08:16 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Banner Is Done!

I picked up our banner tonight and it is sweet!!!! The banner will be part of the backdrop for the photo shoot of the individual cars. Don't forget there will be photos available in a 8x10 on the spot of your car and also a group photo available at the price of $10.00 each. The photos will be of a nice quality in digital color. (Disclaimer)-Let's not forget that this is the first major meet at this location and an oppurtunity for us to have future meets here if all goes well,in which we know will! I spoke with the manager of the mall and she wants no alcohol or glass bottle drinks in the lot. Alcohol can be purchased on the inside to those wishing to partake in a sip or two? Soft drinks of any kind can be consumed in the lot if you want ,just please clean up your area. Don't forget that there will be one fan favorite car chose as the overall winner for the meet,with voting taking place inside the mall at a shop to be determined.Keep in mind that we are sponsored entirely by Lexus of Orlando with the owner scheduled to be present,so let's do the right thing! Let's represent ClubLexus in a positve way! Most of the Orlando Crew will be wearing a Lexus polo shirt of some kind,so if you have a ClubLexus or Lexus shirt of some kind wear it. This meet should be really nice with a 100+ cars easy. Drive safe and I'll see everyone at the meet around 12:00pm.-wringo(holla atcha boy)

Last edited by Wringo; 10-31-05 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-31-05 | 08:22 PM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

i am cutting it for now i will buy some supra tt springs and shock in about two weeks
Old 11-01-05 | 05:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by wringo
Ed, we would love to see the South Florida Crew at the meet, even if it's just for the day! Get together and let us know! A daytime getaway with a nice drive would ease the mind a bit ,and besides there are things for the family to do if you decide to come up. (skate park,videogame room,etc.)

thanks for the nudge.. we got power last night but 2 of the guys cars got damaged during the storm , scratches and all so they have not made up their mind as yet .. if we can get our homes buttoned up or secured by this weekend i think we will make it for the day trip .. will let you guys know by friday
Old 11-01-05 | 05:49 AM
lexluv0277
Rookie

Thumbs up sign me up

Ill def be there on sat i was able to get off from work 02 millenium sliver IS
Old 11-01-05 | 06:04 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Ed,

Good to hear you got power I'm still waiting

I will be deciding based on the power situation. I'll make the decision on Friday unless I get power back before then.
Old 11-01-05 | 06:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Ed,

Good to hear you got power I'm still waiting

I will be deciding based on the power situation. I'll make the decision on Friday unless I get power back before then.

thanks terry

man one could never imagine how good a hot real shower feels.. 7 days without fpl power is no fun although i have a 6000 watt gen with a 8500 watt startup.. but with people fighting at the gas stations and 3-5hr wait time i had to run the gen in spurts to conserve fuel until the gas vrunch of the 70's eased up .. man it surely brought out the bad side of people down here .. lots of fighting and road rage

terry hit me up on the cell closer to friday and let me know what you are doing
Old 11-01-05 | 02:56 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

glad to hear you guys are slowly recovering from the hit... i was on the highway and i missed my exit because i was in the fast lane and the train of utility vehcile wouldnt let me pass! so i sped up. if i cant get over then the cops cant get to me!

hope everything goes well for those still in sticky situations!
Old 11-02-05 | 08:51 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Prayers Go Up! Blessings Come down!

We are just a few day's out from the meet, so let's pray for two things? No rain and The South Florida Crew to come! We have no back up plan if the weather is inclimate,so let us pray for good weather on Saturday! The South Florida Crew needs our prayers for power and shelter. We are looking forward to hearing good news on Friday guy's? -wringo
Old 11-02-05 | 09:28 AM
hitl
Rookie

Looks like we have a good weather forecast--only 10% chance of rain for Sat.
Old 11-02-05 | 10:23 AM
advan7
Pole Position

I've got about 6 or so boxes of the valvoline goody bags they pass out at HIN that we can pass out at the show this weekend. The bag has brochures, coupons, a small bottle of nanowax, and an air freshener. Just let me know if you want me to bring them, and we can pass them out to everyone after they register or while they're rolling in.
Old 11-02-05 | 01:05 PM
hitl
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusk8
We should also talk about caravans if any of us are planning to arrange them. Please post up caravan meeting locations, directions and times for the benefit of those going on a caravan.

For those who live in East Orlando (UCF/Valencia) area, I'll be more than happy to meet up with anyone at 11:30 Saturday morning in the Waterford Lakes shopping center, on the outskirts of the Best Buy parking lot. The shopping center is off of Alafaya Tr., and close to the 408.
Hey lexusk8, what's going on with the Waterford caravan? I can probably make it there by 11:30--look for an L-tuned blue IS
Old 11-02-05 | 02:13 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by advan7
I've got about 6 or so boxes of the valvoline goody bags they pass out at HIN that we can pass out at the show this weekend. The bag has brochures, coupons, a small bottle of nanowax, and an air freshener. Just let me know if you want me to bring them, and we can pass them out to everyone after they register or while they're rolling in.
Hey Mike, that sounds pretty cool. Yes, please bring the boxes to the meet if it's not too much trouble for you; I'm sure most of us will benefit from freebies at the meet

BTW, I remember you said that you live near Valencia in E. Orlando. I'm planning a caravan starting at 11:30AM from the Best Buy lot in Waterford Lakes shopping center off of Alafaya. Are you planning to tag along?
Originally Posted by hitl
Hey lexusk8, what's going on with the Waterford caravan? I can probably make it there by 11:30--look for an L-tuned blue IS
Then that's all taken care of. See you at the Best Buy lot Sat. morning

PM'ed you my cell if you have any questions.
Old 11-02-05 | 03:36 PM
advan7
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Hey Mike, that sounds pretty cool. Yes, please bring the boxes to the meet if it's not too much trouble for you; I'm sure most of us will benefit from freebies at the meet

BTW, I remember you said that you live near Valencia in E. Orlando. I'm planning a caravan starting at 11:30AM from the Best Buy lot in Waterford Lakes shopping center off of Alafaya. Are you planning to tag along?
Cool, will bring 2 boxes then. I think each box has about 100 bags, so that should be enough. If not I can always go home and get more. I will meet up at Best Buy if they don't need any help setting anything up. Was hoping to snap shot of the setup and what not, but if all is good then I will be @ Best Buy.
Old 11-02-05 | 07:47 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by advan7
Cool, will bring 2 boxes then. I think each box has about 100 bags, so that should be enough. If not I can always go home and get more. I will meet up at Best Buy if they don't need any help setting anything up. Was hoping to snap shot of the setup and what not, but if all is good then I will be @ Best Buy.
PM'ed you my cell
Old 11-02-05 | 08:05 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexforlife
we got power last night
Ed I sure hope you make it I'm looking forward to meeting you after exchanging a zillion posts.

Hey guys, I'll look on google maps for location but posting a map or directions or pointing out landmarks on this thread would be good too.

Quick Reply: Finalization for Lex Get Down 05 meet Orlando