Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Orlando Crew.....give me some insight!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 03:39 PM
BUSTN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll like Windemere.

Last edited by BUSTN; 02-08-06 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-08-06, 03:42 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I did a quick 15 miles from the OCC listing check and found 12 pages of homes from 400k-450k Some really nice stuff.

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...34786&zp=32732

The OCC Zip code is 32819 in case you want to do a check for listing on www.realtor.com

Found a couple real nice ones with lots of garage space for the beast and your love of bikes..LOL

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...4&lnksrc=00002

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...4&lnksrc=00002

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...6&lnksrc=00002

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...7&lnksrc=00002

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...9&lnksrc=00001

Last edited by bluelex; 02-08-06 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-08-06, 03:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You really can't lose buying real estate in FL. You get a lot more bang for the buck when it comes to homes. Yes it does rain a lot in the summer and yes we have hit a bad cycle of hurricanes coming our way ever summer but with shutters,a really good Generator, and insurance you'll be all set...Just remember one thing when you go to get your insurance for your new home and that to get the policy with the lowest deductable even if it means paying up 1k more in policy trust me if you have damage and the hurricanes are coming every year now, you better be ready to have the lowest deductable for your claim if you do one..2% is the lowest we can get down in Palm Beach County right now..
Old 02-08-06, 03:58 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are plently of places in the area in your price range. if schools and crime are an issue, all i have to advise is that you stay out of metro west.... i lived in a gated community there for about 6 months and there were about 4 forced entries and a few cars were broken into. thats not DC metro bad, but its not good either. im now living in Oviedo... about a 30 min. ride down the 417 to the convension center. i love it here, great neighbors, relaxed, good schools from what i hear, low crime, cheaper auto insurance, and just pain cheaper to live. my Uncle is a realator and a mortgage broker here localy so let me know if you want his info... ill make sure he is fair. seeing as i moved here from annapolis, i kind of know what to look for in comparison. windemere is nice, but expensive, thats why shaq and tiger woods live there. let me know if you need listings or rates or anything, and ill have my uncle email you. were looking forward to having another boosted lex in town.
Old 02-08-06, 04:11 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the input and info fellas.......the zip code and the postings really helps me out. I dont mind driving a little distance to get to work, but I dont want to put in serious traffic time. Im not sure where the office is down there, I have only been there once. I do remember it was like 15 minutes from the CC. Realistically, the CC is where most of my time would be spent. This is definitely a good starting point for me though. The only downfall is leaving both mine and my wifes families.....due to my 2 kids, one 6 and one 2.....they love the grandparents. If I can get over that obstacle I dont have any other negatives.
Old 02-08-06, 08:13 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Thanks for the input and info fellas.......the zip code and the postings really helps me out. I dont mind driving a little distance to get to work, but I dont want to put in serious traffic time. Im not sure where the office is down there, I have only been there once. I do remember it was like 15 minutes from the CC. Realistically, the CC is where most of my time would be spent. This is definitely a good starting point for me though. The only downfall is leaving both mine and my wifes families.....due to my 2 kids, one 6 and one 2.....they love the grandparents. If I can get over that obstacle I dont have any other negatives.
Pimp, I wouldn't worry about that family situation too much, because it won't be lnog before the family follows you! Trust me, they will! Seriously man, Orlando has so much to offer you in that price range,it's just a matter of where you want to be and are you willing to drive to have a piece of mind and happiness! I'll show you the area and let you decide for yourself and won't charge you a dime! Lol!-wringo Holla back!
Old 02-09-06, 08:14 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its funny you say that.......I was talking to a guy I know through work that lives in Orlando, I brought up the family thing.....his response was that I would have more famliy visiting me than I cared to have for the first few years.....I guess thats a normal thing for people in Orlando to become the families resort spot.
Old 02-09-06, 09:13 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Its funny you say that.......I was talking to a guy I know through work that lives in Orlando, I brought up the family thing.....his response was that I would have more famliy visiting me than I cared to have for the first few years.....I guess thats a normal thing for people in Orlando to become the families resort spot.
That is a fact! You will definitely be the family resort and stay as family visit! You'll receive calls from freinds and relatives you never knew you had. It's all in good taste and you'll get use to it.(It's a family thang!) I'm looking forward to hearing from you and would love to show you various areas in the Orlando area! If your not serious about this transition, don't drink the water here! Once you do,you will be hooked! You will love it here, trust me you will! -wringo