Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
View Poll Results: Which Lexfest alternative do you prefer?
I'll only attend one and prefer Lexfest 2006 with Team Lexus at Road Atlanta September 30 & October 1
54.24%
I'll only attend one and prefer Lexfest 2006 at NOPI Nationals September 16 & 17th
16.95%
I would attend BOTH Lexfest w/ Team Lexus and NOPI Nationals Events
20.34%
Regrets: I can't attend either event
8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Lexfest 2006 Atlanta! Please vote on these options

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-06, 09:46 AM
LexFather

Just be assured that your in good hands in Atlanta. We have a very solid core here and with SELOC based out of Atlanta.

So no matter what happens, it will be UNFORGETTABLE.

Old 03-17-06, 10:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Just be assured that your in good hands in Atlanta. We have a very solid core here and with SELOC based out of Atlanta.

So no matter what happens, it will be UNFORGETTABLE.
Mike has very big hands by the way!
Old 03-17-06, 11:15 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hameed
Yes, I am also sad not to be able to come.

Just to clarify, I am not advocating that LexFest be held with NOPI. I was just saying let's do LexFest on its own so that eventually it becomes so big, that it becomes it's own Lexus NOPI - simply meaning big as NOPI.
ahhh, i gotcha. i agree completely. i guess we'll have to wait for lexfest '07 to meet up again!
Old 03-17-06, 04:38 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I put in my vote for a standalone event. I will be moving to Auburn in August to finish school so I can go to either one or both but I would like the event to be all about us.
Old 03-19-06, 08:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

I don't think it should be at NOPI for a couple of reasons:
1) A Lexus event should be classy/professional and NOPI, while fun, is kinda juvenile and cheesy for the most part
2) It wouldn't really be a 'Lexus event' if held with thousands of Honda Civics, Scions, sound competitions, drift competitions, hydraulics madness, etc. all around.

So I voted for #1 which sounds like it would be a very nice event!
Old 03-19-06, 12:57 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant really vote, but here is my input.

im going to NOPI... for a few reasons. i have friends in MD, SC, and other states that i only see every so often, and they will be going to nopi as we do every year. they dont own Lexus', so nopi is good for them too.

i would prefer an all Lexus event, but if its 2 weeks after nopi, i wont be able to make it back up. im sure i could swing it if i really wanted, but why make the 8 hour drive (one way) twice in one month. aside from the money lost from not working... gas is almost $3 a gallon now.

so im going to play it by ear and see what you guys come up with.
Old 03-20-06, 12:43 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry for not introducing myself before, but my name is Leroy, public relations and marketing manager for Team Lexus. I worked with Dave last year on putting LexFest 2005 together. We and the event sponsors are VERY excited to be apart of this event again and some for the first time. It is important that we get as much feedback as possible so I can them an estimated head count. More importantly these sponsors need to mark a date on their calendar. Being that the date is the most important factor at this point, we would like to start making event preparations. This year promises to be bigger and better than last, and we can't wait to begin prepartion.

Last edited by Apex84; 03-21-06 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-20-06, 05:39 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

I voted going to LexFest only, and as having it as a standalone event. Last year was an amazing start to an all Lexus event for the East Coast. And even if it means sacrificing some attendance because of NOPI, as many have already said, LexFest should be all about Lexus and only Lexus.

And Leroy, thank you for the clarification, but I didn’t initially get the impression that sponsors were nervous. You and David showed us such a great time last year and I very much look forward to an even bigger and better event this year. I’m so behind this event that I’m canceling my plans for Supras Invade Las Vegas. Besides, I’d rather drive my car down and be able to share it with everybody while I see you guys then fly to Vegas and hang out with cats that I happen to have the same car.

Last edited by Overclocker; 03-20-06 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-20-06, 05:42 PM
LexFather

I pretty much am taking September off from work

Old 03-20-06, 05:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

I'd clarify Leroy's comment a bit as I listed what he meant in one of the "pro / cons".... We wouldn't be able to get the vendor participation at NOPI we could at Lexfest because of the larger venue and additional costs they'd have. They really want to be a part of this event which is great for all of us.

Last year I thought we had a great vendor turnout (including Steve Ganz flying out from CA) and exceptional giveaways from many of them. I hope we can top that in 2006 .
Old 03-21-06, 04:07 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

dave

after talking with some of the guys from the deep south they said they would not make 2 trips and nopi was a must for them , as for me i would prefer to go to lexfest for nopi wasnt all that for me last year

is their any way and moving the date for lexfest up into early or mid july so that they would goto both.
Old 03-21-06, 04:21 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by lexforlife
dave

after talking with some of the guys from the deep south they said they would not make 2 trips and nopi was a must for them , as for me i would prefer to go to lexfest for nopi wasnt all that for me last year

is their any way and moving the date for lexfest up into early or mid july so that they would goto both.
Sorry Ed, there isn't another Team Lexus race at Road Atlanta this year and that is a key ingredient we're trying to keep as part of Lexfest. We've been through the dates many times. http://www.teamlexus.com/default2.htm I do wish the earlier August date would have still worked as that would have been better for everyone (including me - my wedding is only three weeks after the Sept 30 date).

Please encourage the folks you spoke with to log on and vote in this poll so their numbers are counted effectively. I think there ended up being only four or five cars up from Floriday at NOPI last year.

End of the day, there is always going to be a conflict that causes some members not to be able to make it.
Old 03-22-06, 06:33 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I think there ended up being only four or five cars up from Floriday at NOPI last year.
Hey Hey, we had 7 show last year.. But I agree when you add up the potential losses to the potential gains I think the scale will tip to the gain side by the time we're done.
Old 03-22-06, 03:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by bluelex
Hey Hey, we had 7 show last year.. But I agree when you add up the potential losses to the potential gains I think the scale will tip to the gain side by the time we're done.
Hey, no fair counting the tow vehicles, A (j/k)
Old 03-22-06, 05:29 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

dave, how long do we plan on running the poll for?

Quick Reply: Lexfest 2006 Atlanta! Please vote on these options