Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Lexfest Caravan (Raleigh, NC area)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-06, 05:47 PM
ISmojo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexfest Caravan (Raleigh, NC area)

Hey, anyone from Raleigh or points E and N traveling through Raleigh want to Caravan to Lexfest on Friday afternoon/evening? I plan on taking I-40 W, if anyone plans on hitting I-40 at anypoint it would make the trip a bit more fun.

Thanks
Old 09-23-06, 11:33 AM
mr. haison
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am from fort bragg and i plan on leaving early friday morning pending on what my unit wants to do with my leave form.
Old 09-28-06, 03:56 PM
LexFather

BTW GA STATE PATROL are royal blue Ford Crown Vis with white/silver. Once you enter GA the speed limit is 70mph most of the way until you pass Road Atlanta and enter Suwanee.

There is HEAVY CONSTRUCTION after then and GWINNETT police cars are white Impalas. In contruction zones the fine is twice as much and from my understanding they are not playing with speeders in this area. After you pass the construction zone you are very close to the hotel, maybe 20 min.

In GA I can recommmend doing 15mph over as the fines are minimal before 15mph.

GA is a DRY STATE after 11:00/11:30 pm SATURDAY NIGHT, as liquor stores are closed on Sunday. You can buy alchololic drinks at restuarants on Sunday.

.08 is the BAL in GA and GA does not fool around with DUI/DWI!

For those traveling along GA 400 SOUTH (towards Atlanta) when they arrive, it is a toll road (50 cents) so have change or cash for the cashier....

In GA your car is your propertyfor those with heat and I'll leave it at that....
Radar detectors are legal...