Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Very Low clearance GS 300 Need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 05:11 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

roads are pretty good in most parts of metro atlanta and all the highways. The only place that really is an issue is when driving in Atlanta proper. Thats when i dial down the edfc and soften up the teins.
Old 10-19-06, 05:15 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

I messed something up but anyway, I was saying that the roads are very good in almost all areas of metro atlanta. The only place that you would have a problem is in some areas of Atlanta proper.

check out www.seloc.net when you get here that is our local lexus club
Old 10-31-06, 09:47 PM
shabbyblue
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is Atlanta proper? Is that short for Atlanta property?
Old 11-01-06, 05:19 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Atlanta is one city that has very clearly defined borders, the citizens within that small city pay taxes to the Atlanta Govnerment. However when people refer to Atlanta they are often referring to the Metropolitan Atlanta Area. Which is actually a much larger area than the city of Atlanta and is comprised of many additional cities and counties. Such as Decatur, Smyrna, Marietta, College Park Riverdale, Eastpoint etc.

Atlanta Proper is the actual city of Atlanta, exclusive of the surrounding areas that are recognized as part of Metro Atlanta
Old 11-13-06, 11:16 PM
shabbyblue
Driver

Anybody know of some add-ons I could but on? Other than supercharger or turbos.
Old 11-14-06, 06:05 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

I think you are pretty much limited to cold air induction or nitrous if you wanted.
Old 11-25-06, 09:01 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having your car that low is just plain silly IMO.
Old 11-26-06, 02:51 PM
shabbyblue
Driver

Thank you for your IMO. It's the body kit that makes the car sit low. The springs are just Dazien. Didn't take in account the kit would sit that low, but as far as the silly part I don't know. Always get offers for the car, but that is just my IMO. Have a blessed day.
Old 12-22-06, 02:07 PM
shabbyblue
Driver

Default Front Lower Ball Joints

Anybody have to change the lower ball joints yet? If so what was your mileage when you did it? I have not changed my yet. I don't hear any clicking sounds when I go over bumps, but from what I hear it's good to change them anyways. I have heard of some peoples cars completely falling on the ground if they get to old. By the way I came to Georgia this weekend and loved it. I'm looking in the College Park area, up north is just a little out of my price range. Any of you stay around this area? Also Mandavhi's shop, where is that located and far is it from the College Park area. Can you guys give me any other help with other areas that are nice in Atlanta Area. South Fulton looks like you get a lot for your money. Anything is better than California, we are really paying a lot of money for the weather. That's funny it was 75 in Atlanta the whole time I was there, while it was only 50 in the Bay Area, and raining. Personally, I think California is overrated with the weather. Most California people have never visited anywhere else.
Old 12-22-06, 02:33 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Mahdavi is in Lilburn about 30-50 miles from college park. You couldnt pay me to live in the city of atlanta or fulton county. The taxes and schools are just outrageous.

How much are you looking to spend on a house?
Do you want the city or are you looking for the Suburbs?
Do you have school age kids?
Old 12-22-06, 06:49 PM
shabbyblue
Driver

Default Atlanta relocation

No kids. I'm going to teach. I want to spend about $200k. The place I was looking at was outside the Atlanta city limits so the taxes won't be that bad. I heard the schools are a mess, but the schools in California are not much better. I believe the place was called Twin Creeks it was off of South Fulton Parkway. It seemed pretty rural at least compared to what I'm used to seeing. Have you heard anything about this area? I would prefer to live in more of city like atmosphere, but the area I was looking look pretty nice. I will be working in South fulton county area and I don't want to have to deal with the commute times. Everyone says the traffic is bad, I don't think it toches California's traffic at all. The only time it seems to be bad is when someone gets in accident and sits in the middle of the road. I will have to say the people that drive on I-85 can't drive very well. Not to many people use they're turn signals, but I think Atlanta as a whole is alright.
Old 12-26-06, 12:05 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shabbyblue
...Everyone says the traffic is bad, I don't think it toches California's traffic at all. The only time it seems to be bad is when someone gets in accident and sits in the middle of the road. I will have to say the people that drive on I-85 can't drive very well. Not to many people use they're turn signals, but I think Atlanta as a whole is alright.
I live in Chicago-area, so take my opinion for what it's worth. I visit Cali quite a bit (both NorCal and SoCal), and get out to Atlanta just as often.

I thought Chicago traffic was bad...it is, it's worse than NorCal traffic by every means. However, Atlanta's I-75 during high traffic is about as bad as SoCal's 110 or 710 during the "Saturday day rush".

What makes SoCal's gridlock bad is that it's every highway in that spaghetti bowl mess of a highway system is jammed up. Atlanta's is pretty bad (you have to have a lot of patience when you drive the 75)....but it's only during those high traffic times.

NorCal...is no contest, I've driven through much worse in Boston, NYC, Austin, Denver, even Milwaukee. My top ten "bad traffic on the highway" cities probably wouldn't even include anything in NorCal.
Old 12-26-06, 01:35 PM
shabbyblue
Driver

I was driving on I-85 from south to north, maybe that's the reason. During high traffic times I will travel I-85 in the morning south to north and then north south in the afternoon. I'm looking at traveling from College Park area to downtown.