Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

MULTI-CAR MEET in Charlotte: 3rd Annual February Fling, Feb 10, 2007 10:30AM

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-07, 07:47 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Thats alot of people!Has anyone decided on a meet stop before the roll in and an ecact time?I know its been kicked around but the times changed a few times.Or have everyone just decided to roll in when ever?
Yes, we'll have a decent turnout even if we get 50% attrition!

Yes we decided - for folks that want to roll in together, meet at 10AM sharp
Harris Teeter 'Upper Lot' , corner of WT Harris and Mallard Creek in University Area
Mallard Creek - #167
2201 WT Harris Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28269

Post below earlier in this thread for location:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=58

Folks staying at my house will also leave at 10am (I live 3 minutes away from there) and we'll roll through the lot at the Harris Teeter about 10:10. We'll get organized by model and then leave right away to the meet location (another three minutes away).

If you don't meet us at 10 for the early roll in, just head down Mallard Creek and turn left into the meet spot about 1 mile down the road onto Morris Estates / Solectron Drive as you can!

Don't forget your $2 per person entry (goes to charity), women get in free (and I'd guess men dressed like women if you look good enough) !
Old 02-08-07, 07:57 AM
LexFather

Should we have a am car wash meet at a local wash?
Old 02-08-07, 08:04 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Should we have a am car wash meet at a local wash?
Sorry, I'm cheating... My detailer came yesterday to do the Porsche and the GS and is coming today to do the two LS's. I know that doesn't help you any... couple of options:

1) You can wash 'em at my place when you arrive or in the morning, but if you get up that early it'll be freezing.

2) There is a touchless automagic car wash at the gas station nearby (less than one mile away)

3) There is a wand-based car wash at a gas station near the intersection of WT Harris and Old Statesville Rd (about 2 miles away).
Old 02-08-07, 08:07 AM
LexFather

CHEATERS NEVER WIN!!!!

(except if you already won)! lol
"sound of SICK packing thermals, lambskin gloves, polarbear socks and penguin earmuffs"
Old 02-08-07, 01:10 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

damn....not looking so good for me....just had an employee quit...so i may be working this whole weekend...and if i do come my car isnt gona be spot less....
Old 02-08-07, 01:23 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont worry the atlanta crew is driving 250 miles our cars wont be "imaculate" either.
Old 02-08-07, 05:33 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

IF anybody needs a room for the night let me know...may be able to cut u a deal at the Microtel Inn Matthews....make more sence if u are coming from the south....
Old 02-08-07, 07:06 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
If you can get away with it, please do so. I don't think that our cars will sound right with flowmaster. If you want, I have a HKS Dragger II that has a dent on the underside of it that you can have. The system still works perfect, the only thing wrong is cosmetic wise.
DANG IT!! i just had it done today, but i do think it sounds amazing, if you dont mind i'd like to have the tips off of it, or maybe just the whole thing depending on how these start to sound once they are broken in/ they said to give it two weeks.
u guys can listen, its almost silent at idle right now, he said it will get louder after two weeks.
well id appreciate it if i could still have that system.
thanks,
vince
Old 02-09-07, 09:31 AM
Lex7
Driver School Candidate

Dave I'll see you guys at 10am at the Harris Teeter. Seems like the roads are in great shape down here, compared to back in WV lol. I was a little worried since you guys had the snow last week. See you guys tomorrow!

Justin
Old 02-09-07, 10:33 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a bit confused on the location of the Harris Teeter. Mapquest shows both an East and West location on WT Harris Blvd and both have the same address. The Harris Teeter web site shows these as two separate stores.

I'll be driving south on I77. Can someone clarify the meeting location? Thanks!
Old 02-09-07, 11:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by DaveJ
I'm a bit confused on the location of the Harris Teeter. Mapquest shows both an East and West location on WT Harris Blvd and both have the same address. The Harris Teeter web site shows these as two separate stores.

I'll be driving south on I77. Can someone clarify the meeting location? Thanks!
It's the first one you come to. The other one on WT Harris is 8 miles past closer to the University.

You'll come down I-77 and take the W T Harris bvd exit. Take a left off the exit (you'll drive about 4 miles on WT Harris).

You'll go PAST intersections and points as below:

Pass light at Statesville Rd, pass Waffle House on left, pass Autobell car wash on left, pass Old Statesville with Exxon on left, pass Sugar Creek Rd intersection (Methodist church on right, Petro Express on left. The next light at Mallard Creek (about 1 mile) is where the Harris Teeter is... intersection of Mallard Creek and WT Harris.

You can turn just before the traffic light and go right into the parking lot. Or turn right at the light onto Mallard Creek and take either of the next two rights.

If you are on WT Harris and get to I-85 you have gone too far.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-09-07 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-09-07, 11:42 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the detailed directions Dave! See you tomorrow.
Old 02-09-07, 12:59 PM
LOVEMYSC3
Driver School Candidate

Well I cant beleive I thought it was on a Sunday (I never can get a saturday off) and I did not even notice until just now,I guess I looked at the calender wrong I was looking forward to it to. Im sorry guys yall have fun and please post some pics.

Last edited by LOVEMYSC3; 02-10-07 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-10-07, 06:08 AM
LexFather

We are getting ready at Dave's should be rolling out soon. Our 5 car caravan made it up safe..
GS 400
GS 430
IS 300
Turbo GS 400
Matrix
Old 02-10-07, 02:26 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Default -

Thanks for the great meet! There was almost 3x or more cars this time! Great meeting the ALT crew, hoppefully your'll see me soon down there guys

Quick Reply: MULTI-CAR MEET in Charlotte: 3rd Annual February Fling, Feb 10, 2007 10:30AM