Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Hendrick Lexus new auto loan policy

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-07, 09:07 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hendrick Lexus new auto loan policy

I just had my GS in at Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte for the usual dash noise problem and I learned about their new auto loaner policy. The policy must be agreed to and signed before they will let you take the car. Here's the email from Hendrick Lexus about the policy:

To All Valued Lexus Customers,

When servicing your vehicle, Hendrick Lexus recognizes the value of providing a Lexus loaner. We have the largest loaner fleet in our market consisting of 128 Lexus loaners that we have purchased and maintain for you. However, during the past year, you may have experienced a situation where we were unable to provide you with a Lexus loaner and called to obtain a rental car from Enterprise. After careful review, we find it necessary to change our loaner policy.

Effective immediately, our new loaner policy will be as follows:

When the customer is notified of service completion, he/she must return the loaner that day or the following morning by 9:00. Failure to do so will result in a fee of $89 per day. We understand this policy may cause some inconvenience; however, far less inconvenient than not having a loaner here for the next customer scheduled appointment.

We'll continue to ask you to:

provide a valid drivers license
proof of auto insurance
provide a valid credit card
be 21 years of age or older

In addition, we will also:

walk with you to the car and inspect the car for damage
record the mileage - maximum 150 miles - $.25 per mile over
record the amount of fuel in the car
You will sign a legal contract agreeing to these terms.
When returning the loaner, drive into the service lane where service personnel will check for damage, record the mileage, and check the fuel level. You will be responsible for any incurred damage, excessive mileage, and returning the loaner with the same amount of fuel it had when it left the dealership. If you prefer to have us refuel the loaner, the dealership will have a refueling cost chart and can add the amount to your repair order. Also, our loaners are designated as nonsmoking. If a loaner is returned with a smoke smell, $79.95 will be charged to remove the odor.

We realize this policy is more strict and may take a bit more time at dropoff and pickup but our goal is to continue to provide each customer with a Lexus loaner at the time of service.

Sincerely,

Chris Calder

Last edited by DaveJ; 02-08-07 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Correct title
Old 02-08-07, 09:21 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveJ
If a loaner is returned with a smoke smell, $79.95 will be charged to remove the odor.
That's it, no more tailgate BBQs in the RX350 loaners

Only thing that annoys me is the fuel piece, thats a pain to deal with if I just drive it home and back when my car is done.
Old 02-08-07, 10:06 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The refueling doesn't bother me. There's a BJ's right across the street so if you're a member you can refill at decent prices.

What bothers me is returning the car by 9am. It took me 1Hr and 20 minutes this morning to get to Hendrick today, and that's with no accidents on I77. Prior to this policy, I would return the loaner around 10am and had no traffic problems.

Also, the maximum mileage limit of 150 miles is questionable. The policy doesn't state over what period of time that applies. I asked the service rep and he couldn't answer the question.

I heard the new Hendrick Lexus dealership near Huntersville should be opened by this year's end.
Old 02-08-07, 12:05 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Johnson Lexus in Raleigh has had the same policy for a while.I found out the hard way when I had my wife a kids drop off her GX470 for warranty repairs,the truck is in my name only and they would not let my wife have a loaner.Said she could`t sign the Ins statement.Her and my two children(7mo-old & 2yr)had to hang out until lunch for me to come sign.