Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

SIXTH Annual Tail of the Dragon Meet - August 17th -19th

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 01:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
If we could include a car wash stop @ 8:30-9:00 am time. My plans are to leave Ashville @ 7:00 am and stop to wash car in robbinsville hopefully around 8:30.
You're only coming from Asheville, how dirty could your car get?
Old 08-10-07, 01:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
If we could include a car wash stop @ 8:30-9:00 am time. My plans are to leave Ashville @ 7:00 am and stop to wash car in robbinsville hopefully around 8:30.
There's a coin op Wand wash about 1/2 mile down the road, and the Microtel usually lets us use their hose out front of the hotel if we want to wash up there.
Old 08-11-07, 04:47 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
You're only coming from Asheville, how dirty could your car get?

True, but I`m driving up from Raleigh friday night and staying in Ashville I won`t have a chance to wash until I get to Robbinsville.

Last edited by HKS350; 08-11-07 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-13-07, 05:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Reminder - the county where the hotel is located IS A DRY COUNTY. BYOB for both nights if you plan to drink

Don't forget your FRS/GRMS radio and fresh batteries.

Decision making help please

Krista keeps asking me if she should bring her track car (a 98 E36 M3) or her Porsche and I don't have any strong preference... I figure the M3 handles better with all the suspension mods even if she doesn't put on the track wheels and is safer from a passive perspective (cage, race seats, 6 point harness). The Porsche will be faster, more comfortable and actively safer (airbags, newer design). Please help her make up her mind so I don't have to

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-13-07 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 07:15 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Reminder - the county where the hotel is located IS A DRY COUNTY. BYOB for both nights if you plan to drink

Don't forget your FRS/GRMS radio and fresh batteries.

Decision making help please

Krista keeps asking me if she should bring her track car (a 98 E36 M3) or her Porsche and I don't have any strong preference... I figure the M3 handles better with all the suspension mods even if she doesn't put on the track wheels and is safer from a passive perspective (cage, race seats, 6 point harness). The Porsche will be faster, more comfortable and actively safer (airbags, newer design). Please help her make up her mind so I don't have to
I think the Porsche would be nice due to the comforts, actively safety and don't draw too much of attention from the cops. The E36 will have louder exhaust, roll bar and set up like a race car, plus driving the track car all the way to the Dragon's and back will beat the heck out of her.
Old 08-13-07, 07:31 PM
ColumbusIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the drink, hate the animal .. the Grey one will be flying to Robbinsville
Old 08-13-07, 07:33 PM
ColumbusIS
Driver School Candidate

I say the Porsche. Roll cage, race seats and 6 point harness screams "pull me over !!!"
Old 08-13-07, 08:18 PM
ColumbusIS
Driver School Candidate

I wish you were bringing the GS Dave, we haven't seen it since the 04 trip and I miss that awesome piece of automotive poetry
Old 08-13-07, 08:19 PM
ColumbusIS
Driver School Candidate

Poker game on Saturday night .... bills or coin ?
Old 08-13-07, 10:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I'm good with either one. We could bring chips as well.... got a bag full of 'em

Originally Posted by ColumbusIS
I wish you were bringing the GS Dave, we haven't seen it since the 04 trip and I miss that awesome piece of automotive poetry
Thanks - thinking about selling and car is in show condition... just don't want to mess anything up right now.
Old 08-13-07, 10:53 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I'm good with either one. We could bring chips as well.... got a bag full of 'em

Thanks - thinking about selling and car is in show condition... just don't want to mess anything up right now.
Dave, bring the GS up to the dragon one last time so that I can take some picture with the beauty before you sell her. Plus, I got some goodies that will complement her really well this time with her on the dragon. It'll be like big brother and little brother... Remember all the stuff that I told you and krista that I was getting all the way back in march?? Well, I just got it in today and Larry and I have been working all day pretty much since morning getting things installed. Also, would you know of any shops around the charlotte area that can push out the stock lower control arm bushings so that I can install the daizens??
Old 08-14-07, 08:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Dave, bring the GS up to the dragon one last time so that I can take some picture with the beauty before you sell her. Plus, I got some goodies that will complement her really well this time with her on the dragon. It'll be like big brother and little brother... Remember all the stuff that I told you and krista that I was getting all the way back in march?? Well, I just got it in today and Larry and I have been working all day pretty much since morning getting things installed. Also, would you know of any shops around the charlotte area that can push out the stock lower control arm bushings so that I can install the daizens??
Sorry, not going to happen... GS needs to be inspected and I've got new rotors, etc to put on in addition to the reasons above (and I'm in NYC so it is not going to get done).

There is one shop kinda near Panther's stadium that does suspension, but they nickel and dimed me (and didn't do that great a job) when they put on my coilovers so I won't recommend them. Hendrick I'm sure can do it. Did you know they have (or at least used to) a mobile technician? Wonder if he could come to you.
Old 08-14-07, 08:36 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
... I don't plan on hot-doggin' it this time, I enjoy my 'vert even going slow. I know you don't believe it, but then last time you saw me drive I had a stonkin' fast BMW bike on my ***.

So I guess you're not coming up? Would be great to see you. If you don't wanna drive I could even pick you up on the way up.
Sorry Paul, I just saw your post. I wasn't ignoring you bro. I'm not gonna make it this year. Perhaps next year after I get a new GS350
Old 08-14-07, 10:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

The weather is looking pretty decent for our main drive day (Saturday)
http://www.weather.com/outlook/drivi...&cm_pla=10-day
Friday Aug 17 92°/61°, 30% Precip (Isolated T-storms)
Saturday Aug 18 Partly Cloudy 90°/62° 20% Precip
Sunday Aug 19 86°/63° 30% Precip (Isolated T-storms)

The suggested packing list from prior years may give you some hints on stuff you forgot to pack
http://www.lexusdragon.com/suggested_packing_list.html
Add to that list - shampoo (& conditioner if you are inclined)... hotel is cheap in that regard if I recall correctly. I'll try to remember to bring some extra hotel-sized shampoo with me as I have drawers full of them.

Please do a double-check of your car for safety (including brake lights, etc) and to make sure your car is legal and have your license, registration and proof of insurance with you in case you are pulled over for whatever reason including just being randomly inspected.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-14-07 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-15-07, 05:01 PM
LexFather

Not gonna make it gang, sorry.

Quick Reply: SIXTH Annual Tail of the Dragon Meet - August 17th -19th