Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Test and Tune.....Feb 23rd.... ATL Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-02, 03:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,330 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Her new Tubi exhaust came today, but neither of us are in town to get it put on. Not sure if she'll have it on before the event either (which would probably sway her towards driving down, too).
She sent me a link to some pics of some other NSX folks who got the same exhaust she did (group buy) and man is it ever SWEET looking.

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000158.html

Sorry to take the thread off topic....

Did some investigation today and sent out a note (to Tony and others) for the drive down. Looks like about a 3 hour drive from Charlotte with maybe four or five of us coming.
Attached Thumbnails Test and Tune.....Feb 23rd.... ATL Dragway-dscn0425.jpg  
Old 02-05-02, 06:18 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DrRick
'Heels 87 Duke 84..........you saw it here first!!!!!!
Dude, dude, dude... what game were you watching??? How's about Devils 87 'Heels 58 !!!

Oh yeah, and I'm in for the meet also
Old 02-09-02, 08:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,511 Likes on 1,651 Posts

OK dudes, what's the scoop? Where are we meeting? 1Sick, sure we can meet at D&B, what time?
Old 02-14-02, 07:46 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so the time is drawing nigh for the meet, and as usual, something has come up i have a marketing event that weekend at the cobb galleria that really demands my attention (an aside, has anyone seen the new reebok commercial with allen iverson and jadakiss......fire!!!) anyway, sorry for that momentary lapse in concentration. sooo, i will only be able to come out for a few hours and then book it back to marietta. my guess is that i will leave commerce at around 1 or so. but anyway, i will be there. so having said that, i kinda wanted to get a roll call of who plans to be there. let me know. holla!!

Doc
Old 02-14-02, 08:08 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have every intention of being there; I'm guessing I will leave NC Sat morning @ early o'clock.

Sick, DocR, Bit: how far is the track away from where some action will be that night (Buckhead?). I'm thinking about getting a room and making this an overnight trip.

You guys are going out that night, right? We gotta do a Lex night in the ATL.
Old 02-14-02, 09:54 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!! the track is about 45 min to an hour from buckhead. alittle too far to shack up near the track and still go out. hopefully we can all get back together later that evening and do the damn thing. let me know. since the weather has gotten better, evenings in buckhead have gotten hotter.

Doc
Old 02-14-02, 11:45 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

I'm still definitely planning on being there, not sure about my GF (she might need to work that weekend )...

It still might still just be a day trip for me down and back since I fly out of Charlotte early Sunday evening; haven't figured out all the detailed timing yet.

For folks driving down from NC that might want to join up and caravan down Saturday morning, I'll send out a logistics note. If I haven't got your email address and would like to travel with 'the pack', please send me a note at DaveGS4@clublexus.com.
Old 02-15-02, 06:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,511 Likes on 1,651 Posts
Unhappy

Can't make it now guys, real sorry. You're going to have a blast!

You guys should get Jazziz to bring the awning and set up some chairs.
Old 02-17-02, 11:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I have to double check, but I read that the track opens at 6:30pm!?!?!? Help me, is this correct?

If this is true, I gotta revamp our schedule.....
Thats for the 'Friday Night Grudge Match'.

Gates open at 9:00 am for Test and Tune on Saturday.
Old 02-17-02, 11:25 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, looks like my roomate and I will be leaving dayton at midnight on Friday. That should put us at the dragway at the opening time. btw, how's the weather gonna be down there?
Old 02-17-02, 02:24 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by mcelligott
btw, how's the weather gonna be down there?
Should be tasty

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USGA0135
Old 02-20-02, 03:18 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

I'm in! Nitto 555r drag radial are coming in tomorrow...
Old 02-20-02, 04:09 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

ya know im there. still juggling my schedule but ill be there.......at least for an hour or so. mc, if you are coming from ohio, i think we need some kinda plaque or trophy for you for longest distance travelled!!!!!!!!!

Doc
Old 02-21-02, 10:31 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Default dammit dammit dammit

well, as usual something has come up, and it looks like i won't be able to go to the atlanta meet this weekend. however, i'll post my timeslips and video from the local track here in ohio on saturday with and without nitrous. hope you guys have a great time in atlanta!
Old 02-22-02, 02:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Thumbs up Driving from Charlotte - details

Looks like great weather in Atlanta, so the trip down is ON:

Following are some notes I emailed out for the couple of folks who want to caravan down from CLT. Thought I'd post them here just in case someone was thinking about going, but didn't know details.

1) The trip down from Charlotte:

Meet at the Exxon at the Charlotte Airport exit just off I-85 between 6:15 and 6:30 AM. For those coming from I-77 area, just drive down Billy Graham past the airport entrance and just beyond the I-85 south entrance. The Exxon is just in front of a Cracker Barrel, you can't miss it.

I hear it's best to race with about 1/4 tank of fuel or a little less, and the ride will be about 3 hours at ~70 MPH. Top off accordingly at the Exxon for a 185 mile drive.

Be there between 6:15 and 6:30 AM, we'll gas up and leave by 6:45 at the latest, planning on stopping about an hour into the drive to grab a real quick breakfast at a McDonald's along the way around 7:30 or 8AM.

2) At the track:

We should arrive about 10pm, the same time or just a bit later than the Atlanta folks. I plan to pop the hood, hang out and let the car cool for an hour before tracking it.

I'm bringing my digital and film cameras, plus a VHS-C camcorder. I plan to pack everything in a large duffel that can be moved to someone else's car when I run. I also plan to bring a few large leaf/lawn bags to put my spare tire in, also for storage in someone else's car for a couple of runs (to keep their car clean).

3) Once in Atlanta:

I've been talked into staying Saturday night and driving back Sunday morning... For anyone who is interested, we'll plan to go out somewhere in Buckhead for dinner.

4) Returning to Charlotte:

I plan on hitting the road back to NC about 9:30am.

PM me if you want to meet up by 10 or so tonight, otherwise see you in the AM or in Atlanta!

Quick Reply: Test and Tune.....Feb 23rd.... ATL Dragway