Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

How the hell did i only get a warning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-08, 05:09 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How the hell did i only get a warning?

ok well i was driving down 29 north in concord on friday night. I got my 08 civic si coupe a few weeks ago and have been really enjoying it. anyways, dumb i know, pulled up at a light next to a 99-04 gen mustang gt. we hit it off the line and get up pretty high before shutting it down due to an upcoming redlight. (starbucks just past carolina mall) were probably doing 25-35 at this point ( i won by the way, if it matters) and then in the middle of lanes theres blue flashing lights. as i prepare to **** my pants i pull off into the starbucks parking lot. the cop pulls up next to the window and says, (stay there mother****er, dont you ****ing move and inch.) he then burns out goes and get the mustang , pulls him behind me and he pulls behind the mustang.

he asks for my license and registration and im thinking my life is over. im 17, and would have lost my license and my car. he says, you have your provisional license!?!?!? starts yelling at me. then he goes to his car and comes out 10 minutes later as i am still freaking out. he goes to the mustang first and i can hear him since my windows down. he said heres your time and date and fine, blah blah blah.

he has this sheet of paper in his hand as he walks towards my car. he says, i could charge you for speed competition, speeding, clocked me at 104in a 45(6 lane highway, usually traffic, not a 2 in the morning), wreckless driving, illegal tint, illegal headlights, (6000k hids) speeding in imperfect conditions, ( like if u get caught racing in the rain or at night) and he mentioned a few others.. then says,

" you know you were in the wrong, right? 'Absolutely, yes sir' (he hands me my license and registration back and says," go straight home"

i was so shocked. i guess its because i stayed and didnt try to run when he left for a minute to get the mustang? im not sure, i was respectful and apologetic. i know how lucky i got, and dont plan on doing that anytime soon. no flames please!! i never once got pulled in my lexus, and the honda has 750 miles now and ive been pulled twice. the other for taking a turn to fast on new years eve, asked if there was alcohol in the car, there wasnt, just a warning.

i cant believe this. my friend got a running a stop sign $175 ticket yesterday and no longer likes me
Old 01-08-08, 08:33 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Dog, Dog you were in Pineville racing you must be out of your mind a couple of months back 1Sick posted about all those dudes racing who got their cars towed right on 485
Old 01-12-08, 08:38 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You see shawn.. All these kids racing all the time.. J/K vince But be careful driving on the road. It's not worth the few seconds it takes to go fast, but the littlest mistake could cost you your life or someone elses. Better yet, I might need a K20 for my project. I'll swing on by later next week to swap you my D16 for your K20. Man, you shouldn't be racing also with such little milage on your engine since 750 miles is not even broken it in yet.