Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Alabama Lexus Meet in the works!! Idea/Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-08, 07:15 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alabama Lexus Meet in the works!! Idea/Discussion Thread

Well there has been some chatter about a Lexus Meet in Alabama so I am going to attempt to make it a reality with help from all of you here on Club Lexus. This thread will serve as an idea sharing and discussion thread to gauge interest and see what ideas/contacts other have that could make this a fun event. Of course this event is not just for those of us in Alabama and I would love to have people from other states join us the more the merrier. So with that being said I will put my ideas out there and open the discussion about the 2008 Alabama Lexus Meet.

Time frame: I am looking at late May or early June. That should give us enough time to plan the event and also get the word out. Please feel free to give input on this suggested time frame.

Event: Ok this is the big thing. Do we want to just start out small and find a parking lot or park to meet in and have a BBQ or something like that or do we want to go for something bigger. Maybe Lexfest style where we have an event or other attactions that may draw people from farther away? I was planning to contact the local Lexus dealer to see if they might be willing to sponsor the event and maybe demo some of the newer cars for us or something like that. Of course it would not be a meet with out a caravan which to me is the most fun part of the meet. A Huntsville member suggested a drive through the mountains which would probably be pretty cool. But maybe just a nice long cruise to some spots to take pictures would be enough. Do we want it to be a one day event or a two day event?

That is all I have for now what do you guys think?

I want to get an idea of who is interested in such an event so I am going to start and update a register here. Please include name, type of car and where you are from.

1. Automan 98 GS300 Trussville, AL
Old 01-31-08, 07:32 AM
dis 4 duc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2. dUck 94 sc300 birmingham, aL

there alot of thing we can doo =]
Old 02-07-08, 01:19 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

well i would like to go.. but i leave bama and go back to Dallas early may
Old 02-15-08, 07:53 AM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

2. dUck 94 sc300 birmingham, aL
3. dailydrive 06 is350 Trussville, AL
Old 02-16-08, 08:10 PM
dis 4 duc

how do u dooo y
Old 02-17-08, 08:47 PM
LexFather

Mark, sounds like a great idea!!

We had a SELOC AL meet at the minor league field years ago....I believe in Montogomery
Attached Thumbnails Alabama Lexus Meet in the works!! Idea/Discussion Thread-seloc-al-1-029.jpg  
Old 02-18-08, 10:26 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

keep me posted man! i'm there pending date
Old 02-28-08, 01:03 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm interested -- But what if your driving a 94 LS 400, with no modifications? rofl!
Old 02-28-08, 01:23 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Automan

Time frame: I am looking at late May or early June. That should give us enough time to plan the event and also get the word out. Please feel free to give input on this suggested time frame.
Time frame is fine,.. In Alabama it is going to be hot from April till October.. so that really doesn't matter

Event: Ok this is the big thing. Do we want to just start out small and find a parking lot or park to meet in and have a BBQ or something like that or do we want to go for something bigger. Maybe Lexfest style where we have an event or other attactions that may draw people from farther away? I was planning to contact the local Lexus dealer to see if they might be willing to sponsor the event and maybe demo some of the newer cars for us or something like that. Of course it would not be a meet with out a caravan which to me is the most fun part of the meet. A Huntsville member suggested a drive through the mountains which would probably be pretty cool. But maybe just a nice long cruise to some spots to take pictures would be enough. Do we want it to be a one day event or a two day event?
I think we start out small for the first time -- But we do need activities of some sort lined up. Something more than just a meet and greet thing where everyone arrives and just stands around and chats a little and then goes home . Need some icebreaker type of things to do.

I don't have a clue what is common at these type of meets,.. but I do know with any gathering a loose agenda makes things flow smoothly.

The caravan is the most exciting thing. Having everyone look at the long line of Lexus's cruising back to back/side to side everywhere you go is very pleasing.

I suggest Birmingham for the meet. We have an infinite selection of places with more than adequate room and wouldn't cost a dime to meet up. Also taking the caravan through say University Blvd. Maybe Down 65 and 459 toward Hwy 280.. And cruise down Hwy 280 between B'ham and say, Chelsea would be a good spot for the onlooker factory. Then we can have other less crowded but scenic areas for just 'us'. Finally stopping at one or two spots along the way that have good scenery for pictures of the cars lined up. Maybe consider Oak Mtn,.. and even some local lakes and such for backgrounds.

That is all I have for now what do you guys think?
Sounds great.

I want to get an idea of who is interested in such an event so I am going to start and update a register here. Please include name, type of car and where you are from.

I am surely interested, no doubt. As I posted above though, I don't have any modifications on my used 94 LS 400 I recently acquired, but I think all that is required for this is a Lexus, no?

What is the age range for this meet looking like? (I know no one is discluded, just curious) I'm 28 atm.
Old 03-12-08, 07:06 PM
lexXxus13
Driver

Hey mark,

Been awhile since we talked. My friend and I are still very interested in this. I am down for whatever as I stated earlier. I think it might be a good idea to have a smaller meet at first for two reasons:
1) this will give us local a change to meet and hang out before we swamp the meet with people from all over and probably wont see again for awhile
2) if we have a meet locally and bring people in from a far we want it to be killer so they will continue to come back. if we have a small one first it will give a change to see where the lack of planning was on our part and how to work out any bugs before we jump into a bigger event.

Keep me posted on the details and as always if you need any help on anything let me know.

Thanks dude. Looking forward to hang out with all you guys.

Peace
Old 03-13-08, 01:12 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't seem as though we have very many people interested. As of now we don't even have a handful. I may be heading over to that show this weekend at BAMA Dragway. I will let you guys know if I get my car back. If so I would love some company. We need to talk this up a bit more. When we get 10 owners then we can go ahead and plan something. Keep checking in often.
Old 03-14-08, 12:12 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

i would be interested

4 kickhard 08 ISF
Old 03-14-08, 07:02 PM
lexXxus13
Driver

Originally Posted by kickhard
i would be interested

4 kickhard 08 ISF
ISF? Sweetness, would love to see one of those in person!! Correct me if I am wrong but that puts the count up to 8 or 9. SOOOOOO Close. Couple more peeps and it'll be worth getting something going.

Talk to your friends guys, lets make this happen!

Peace
Old 03-16-08, 08:28 AM
350TPI
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 2 1/2 hours from B ham and i am interested in coming down in the GS.
Old 03-16-08, 11:09 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with the smaller initial meet. 8-10 people should be enough for a short/small meet. Obviously you can go whenever you want, but meeting up in an 'x-y' time frame is sort of pertinent to get things rolling.

Something more than just meet in parking lot and drive around and go home, but nothing crazy fancy on the first one to see interest and what we are dealing with.

I'll keep checking in and we'll see when things happen.

Again what is the age of you guys that are currently interested?

Anyone running a mostly stock Lexus?

Quick Reply: Alabama Lexus Meet in the works!! Idea/Discussion Thread