Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Any recommended suspension shops in Raleigh NC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-08, 10:46 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Its cool that you're a tester for D2 as well. I'm not here to bicker on who has the most D2 parts on there cars or how many cars they have. But I've had my fair share of parts from D2. Just ask michael how many sets of coilovers I've had come in through him over the years.... And as far as having crap loads of parts on your car, what's the point of having all these so-called "race-parts" if you don't have suspension dynamics or data acquisition system with a reliable telemetry to back it up? Can you say... Overkill???
I was just messing with u man. Its all good. Whats all done to the GS? need to meet up sometime. lets get a meet going.
Old 04-10-08, 01:13 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
KuWuPt, I have a 2001 GS among other vehicles. The ride on my car is how I like it, but not rough or bouncy at all. Spring rates are custom set to my setup. They are set at fractional of a kg. It is not the stock D2 preset due to custom valving I had setup for my car.
I've always had D2's and I like the way they ride on my other cars. Mike told me that D2's spring rate and the Tein Flex's rates are the same for my car but that he could get me a custom spring rate for a smoother ride. In the end I ended up with some Tein CS's with EDFC. I have a 2001 GS300 as well and I love the way it rides right now. What is your spring rate if you dont mind me asking?
Old 04-10-08, 01:28 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

PJ it was nice meeting you today, sorry but I was a little held up when you came by but we'll get together and not at the shop because it gets a little crazy and there is not much parking space and I didnt get a chance to get your contact info. Also I might be out of town tonight but should be back tomorrow, are you going to be in town on Sat?
Old 04-10-08, 07:21 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
PJ it was nice meeting you today, sorry but I was a little held up when you came by but we'll get together and not at the shop because it gets a little crazy and there is not much parking space and I didnt get a chance to get your contact info. Also I might be out of town tonight but should be back tomorrow, are you going to be in town on Sat?

It was nice meeting you as well. I'll be in town tomorrow night. But Sat morning I'm leaving town... won't be back in Raleigh til the 28th :/.
Old 04-10-08, 08:25 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by PJ
It was nice meeting you as well. I'll be in town tomorrow night. But Sat morning I'm leaving town... won't be back in Raleigh til the 28th :/.
hmm.. yeah man if I can make it I'll c u tonight... if not.. when u get back..
Old 04-10-08, 01:19 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
I've always had D2's and I like the way they ride on my other cars. Mike told me that D2's spring rate and the Tein Flex's rates are the same for my car but that he could get me a custom spring rate for a smoother ride. In the end I ended up with some Tein CS's with EDFC. I have a 2001 GS300 as well and I love the way it rides right now. What is your spring rate if you dont mind me asking?
Spring rate is 12/9. Valving is custom set. I don't have that info in front of me right now.