Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

CarbonGS' Graduation Dinner/Meet/Party

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 02:13 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CarbonGS' Graduation Dinner/Meet/Party

Well, the time has come and I will be an official graduate of American InterContinental Univeristy. I graduated last fall in September with a Bachelor's majoring in Business Administration/Management with as well as a minoring in Psychology. Yes, I know, it is the B.S. degree but at least I got it! I was the first one in my family to graduate both high school and college. Mind you that ever since kindergarten I NEVER missed a day of school, EVER!!!

So, we have started to plan a dinner/meet for this night.

When:

June 12th, 2008 7:30PM

Where:

Cho Won Buffet
3635 Satellite Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 476-0458

Pricing:

$25 a person, trust me you get stuffed. If we have enough people we can work out a group discount. Maybe $20.

From Atlanta Food Guide:

* Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
* Parking: Private Lot
* Attire: Casual
* Good for Groups: Yes
* Good for Kids: Yes
* Takes Reservations: No
* Delivers: No
* Take-out: No
* Waiter Service: Yes
* Outdoor Seating: No
* Good for: Dinner, Lunch

"Really good buffet option. Opens until late, good quality and selections, reasonable price.

The prepared food offerings range from sushi to Chinese dishes to some Korean-ish dishes. Most of these are decent, but I would stick with the barbecue/panchan approach, maybe get a couple of inarizushi for refreshment bites between bouts. You don't want to fill up on the hot food. A variety of sauces and condiments are available for the barbecue. Several familiar meat and seafood to choose from, most are nicely marinated and of decent quality. Pan chans are crisp and fresh and mostly tasty, but nothing elaborate like you might encounter in a serious Korean restaurant. Lovers of these things will be happy here though, since you can just grab a huge plate of whatever you like, as opposed it coming in a small amount like in a restaurant. Again you can get full too quickly by munching on these with rice.

The servers help you cook the barbecue, although I don't really see the need. And they tend to overcook a bit. If you are able I'd just request to do it yourself. The meat toughens a bit too easily indicating perhaps not quite enough marination. Shrimps don't cook very nicely as the body usually overcooks while the head (where some good eating resides) remains relatively cold. It would have excited me tremendously if they offered beef tongue for the BBQ, but they don't, perhaps because of the price. Generally though the barbecue tastes good. And there's always the fun and socialization factor when you are talking about Korean BBQ.

It's a good price alternative to the Brazilian churrascarias."

So let's get together for this special occasion guys and gals!

Presents are welcome!!!

If you have any questions please either email me at TonyEliteDriven@gmail.com or call me at 404.247.3290

Who's In for the Roll Call?
Old 06-07-08, 08:31 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

just bumping this one up for anyone on here that's interested. it is NEXT Thursday!!!
Old 06-09-08, 06:38 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

this is your official reminder about this thursday and my grad party/dinner/meet! lol