Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Official Brier Creek Meet - December 13th 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 05:46 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you had all the cars
Old 12-03-08, 07:00 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matrixgts
you had all the cars
hehe.. Yeah, I've had my fair shares of lexus in my time.
Old 12-03-08, 07:02 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Come on people...... You've all cry and nag about not having any local meets so I stepped up and set one up and then people cry about it being too far to come... Man up people..
Old 12-03-08, 03:12 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

so actually how long has it been since you guys done anything in the raleigh area.this is going to be my first so i'm going to be their.i hope when spring rolls around you guys are going to do more.alexus 300 this question was directed at you because you seem to be the only one that's acting and not bul******ing.
Old 12-03-08, 05:41 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I used to live in raleigh about six years ago in which during that time, we had a good group of people who turned up for the meets. I would say there was a group of about 8-10 of us who meet up on a monthly basis where we would meet up either on friday night and go out cruising and then dinner or meet up on sunday afternoon and chill. The last meet in the raleigh area that I went to was around two years ago when I came back to visit during one weekend. Else, for the most part I've been living in Charlotte and just meet up with a few folks.
Old 12-03-08, 05:50 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so actually how long has it been since you guys done anything in the raleigh area.this is going to be my first so i'm going to be their.i hope when spring rolls around you guys are going to do more.alexus 300 this question was directed at you because you seem to be the only one that's acting and not bul******ing.
The last time there was a "scheduled" meet on CL that I know of was about 1 year ago, in which about 10-15 people came out (mixed cars, but 70% lexus). We met up at Frankie's in Raleigh one Saturday night, and then went inside for dinner and go-karting.

I have since moved back to VA, but I am still considering driving down next weekend. But, I won't make that decision until I see more of what's going on. I really don't want to drive 3 hours to meet 3 people (no offense to those three )
Old 12-03-08, 06:28 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I used to act, but after I setup a Dragon meet this last Aug reserved 10 rooms for the CL folks and no one showed; I won't be making any plans for CL any longer. I had one member show up from New Jersey. We had a great time and all of you missed out!
I never miss a meet or any events . I stay active with my car almost every weekend.

We should start up a monthly Raleigh CL meet. Sametime and place every month.
Old 12-03-08, 07:05 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350
Hey, how about a meet half-way (like on I-95 or I-85 near the border VA/NC) every once in ahile.

I could maybe get one or two from here to join me. We have NO local lexus groups here
Old 12-03-08, 07:44 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HKS350
I used to act, but after I setup a Dragon meet this last Aug reserved 10 rooms for the CL folks and no one showed; I won't be making any plans for CL any longer. I had one member show up from New Jersey. We had a great time and all of you missed out!
I never miss a meet or any events . I stay active with my car almost every weekend.

I feel you jeremy. There's plenty of lexus owners in the area but none are really active nor passionate about their car. Heck, I know of three supra owners around where I live and two of them are mods on supra forums but they're just too cool to come out and meet new people so I say ****** it with them.
Old 12-05-08, 11:38 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Come on folks, you all wanted a meet and I've step up to setup something only to have people talk but no commitment. I guess you were right Jeremy..
Old 12-06-08, 01:36 PM
jdmpwr07
Driver

It's too far...if we had a place half way I'd be down. But, a 2 hour and 40 minute drive during exam week isn't worth it.
Old 12-06-08, 05:32 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

what up alexus,i'm still coming i actually drove out their after i drove up from south carolina today so i can know how to get their.that place was a little busy.reminds me of home.tomorrow i'll ask my neighbor if he wants to come he has a tt supra.i also have a friend of mine with the new mazda speed 3 i'll see if he wants to show up.i know it's not in the family but oh well.if enough sc's show up it wont matter
Old 12-06-08, 08:26 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

what up alexus,i'm still coming i actually drove out their after i drove up from south carolina today so i can know how to get their.that place was a little busy.reminds me of home.tomorrow i'll ask my neighbor if he wants to come he has a tt supra.i also have a friend of mine with the new mazda speed 3 i'll see if he wants to show up.i know it's not in the family but oh well.if enough sc's show up it wont matter
That's good to hear that at least there's still true enthusiast like Jeremy and I. From the looks of it, I think that I have to roll with the supra since the GS is not done with installation of the blower unit and tunning so we'll have to go with what's available. For me, I really don't care what make and model you drive, it's all about the commoradory(sp) that matters to me. So invite your neighbor out. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of my supra also.
Old 12-07-08, 11:32 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

cool i'll make sure i ask and see what happpens
Old 12-07-08, 06:58 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I posted up on ImportsNC site : http://importsnc.com/forums/upcoming...2-13-08-a.html

Quick Reply: Official Brier Creek Meet - December 13th 2008