Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Charlotte Area "Cars and Java" at the Lake- Feb 7th

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 07:25 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AJL0365
alright cool. i dont know how long i will be able to stay though, going to hang out with my mom too tomorrow. its will be a nice day to catch up with her, so lunch for me will have to be a no :-( sorry.

this gives me a chance to ask about catalysic converters.....car needs one but i will be there at 9:30ish
Hope you have fun out there tommorow. Which cat do you need? the Primary or the secondary one underneath the passenger seat. I have a set of primary sitting around if you want it.
Old 02-06-09, 07:27 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Hope you have fun out there tommorow. Which cat do you need? the Primary or the secondary one underneath the passenger seat. I have a set of primary sitting around if you want it.
Vu! You coming?! See the rest of the gang there!
Old 02-06-09, 09:04 PM
jdmpwr07
Driver

Can't wait guys. I have something I have to be at around 2ish so I'll probably leave lunch a bit early.
Old 02-07-09, 10:31 AM
jdmpwr07
Driver

Meet was a complete success. Nice meeting you all. Seriously one of the best meet-up's I've been to in awhile. The amount of exotics there was ridiculous.
Old 02-07-09, 12:19 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Great turn out! Glad this will be ever month! Nice to see some old faces, will be there xtra early next time to get a spot. Hey Dave think we should have a pre-meet spot? Then roll together there and park? I'll bring the lex
Old 02-07-09, 03:44 PM
ACCURATEin
Rookie

Awesome turnout. Took a few pics.

Old 02-07-09, 03:44 PM
ACCURATEin
Rookie

Awesome turnout. Took a few pics. :happy0034

Old 02-07-09, 03:46 PM
ACCURATEin
Rookie

Awesome turnout. The weather was phenomenal.

I posted a few pics, and they'll be approved by a moderator soon i assume for viewing.
Old 02-07-09, 09:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

They should be showing up now, sorry we didn't connect at the meet, assume the white IS was yours?
Old 02-08-09, 03:24 PM
ACCURATEin
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
They should be showing up now, sorry we didn't connect at the meet, assume the white IS was yours?

Nah, I reckon the pictures weren't approved. Oh well.

I drove my girlfriends white is300 to the meet if you saw it.
Old 02-08-09, 06:59 PM
MC36
Rookie

Wow!
Very simply stated, but a great description for the turn out at "Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee" Saturday! We were fortunate to have great weather and it brought everyone out in droves! I stopped counting at well over 180+ cars as we spilled over to the adjacent parking lot.

Several special additions to the event were the numerous Corvettes, Minis, NSXs, Lotus, Porsches, Ferraris (CAFE), Subies, S2000s, Aston Martins, BMWs, Cameros, Firebirds, Lexus and many, many more. I know a great time was had by all enjoying beautiful cars and conversing with other "car fanatics".

I look forward to the weather continuing to get better and our next event which will be Saturday, March 7 at the same location. Pictures will be posted on www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com soon, feel free to log onto the forum on there as well to chat and to post pictures that you took as well.

As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:
  1. I would like to push up the start time to 8 AM so that we can avoid the hot part of the day as we get into the summer months. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11 AM.
  2. We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept's North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling 'helping' us adhere to the speed limits. The road behind the mall is a great straight away but it is only 35 mph and some have been popped there. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.
  3. In order to say within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacle as needed.

Thanks again for a great turn out. Hope to see you all next month and remember to tell a friend!

Have a great month!

Michael
www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com
Old 02-08-09, 07:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Thanks for organizing this Michael, nice meet!
Old 02-08-09, 09:37 PM
LexFather

Looks like a great meet, thanks for pics! Sorry I missed it.
Old 02-09-09, 06:15 AM
jdmpwr07
Driver

8 am?...
Old 02-09-09, 07:53 AM
ACCURATEin
Rookie

Originally Posted by jdmpwr07
8 am?...
haha that's a little early right?! Is the sun even up at that time?!! j/k