Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Rockingham Dragway NC on March 15th

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-09, 03:28 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mteele
I will probably have the parts to do it this weekend, but since we are doing Rockingham we wont have the time. Its going to be an all-weekend event Whens your next weekend back in Raleigh?
i'm home every weekend unless something comes up
Old 03-13-09, 05:47 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We'll need to keep an eye on the weather....doesnt look promising
Old 03-13-09, 08:05 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As of right now I will not be attending. Sorry guys. I sold the wheels off the Lex and still waiting on the new ones to arrive.
Old 03-13-09, 09:48 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

New wheels? What did you get to replace them with?
Old 03-14-09, 02:18 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

well the weather is not looking to good.i guess we'll find out tomorrow.if it don't work out, i guess i'll test fit my rim another time.atleast i'll get to change my oil and seafoam the car for the first time.anyone here have the boostlogic underdrive pulley.i've been waiting to order this i guess it's time to do some last minute shopping before i take it in for tune up.let me know what you guys are doing tomorrow and what time you plan on getting their.
Old 03-14-09, 07:09 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matrixgts
well the weather is not looking to good.i guess we'll find out tomorrow.if it don't work out, i guess i'll test fit my rim another time.atleast i'll get to change my oil and seafoam the car for the first time.anyone here have the boostlogic underdrive pulley.i've been waiting to order this i guess it's time to do some last minute shopping before i take it in for tune up.let me know what you guys are doing tomorrow and what time you plan on getting their.
I suggest that you don't use seafoam as it will swell up the gaskets. Use BG products instead. I've found it to be superior to other brands on the market.
Old 03-14-09, 07:38 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

The weather at Rockingham calls for a 100% chance of rain tomorrow so the strip is closed. They've rescheduled the event for April 5th. That gives Matt enough time to finish the upgrades .
Old 03-15-09, 09:40 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
I suggest that you don't use seafoam as it will swell up the gaskets. Use BG products instead. I've found it to be superior to other brands on the market.
thanks for the heads up.i'll have to keep that in mind for the next time,i already put it in the gas and oil only one more step to be done.i planned on changing the gaskets so i guess i'm ok.what are bg products.i usually use marvel mystery oil,lucas and the gunk flush on my cars.
Old 03-15-09, 04:15 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

^^ Not too many gaskets to change. Head, valve, & oil pump. The rest on Toyota motors is just that Toyota RTV. No other gaskets, only three.
Old 03-15-09, 08:18 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HKS350
^^ Not too many gaskets to change. Head, valve, & oil pump. The rest on Toyota motors is just that Toyota RTV. No other gaskets, only three.
thanks.finished up the process this evening.it smoked up the yard a little.cant really say that it's running that much better.i added a quart of marvel to the fresh oil.i'll see how much better it runs after i take it in for tune up.personally i think it runs great now.
Old 03-15-09, 09:07 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I've used seafoam for a flush before and I hav'nt had any problems. I also changed all my gaskets since, so I would'nt be the best person to tell you of any long term effects . I will look into the bg products stuff too..thanks for the heads up. Also Matt clean your throttle body too and your MAF with the CRC maf cleaner. You're going to change the rear main seal anyway, thats the worst to get to so you will be ok.
Old 03-16-09, 05:29 AM
~Slammed~
Driver School Candidate

Dam dude I want to go! Take Pictures..

(Nightrider80 from INC)
Old 03-16-09, 12:14 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
I've used seafoam for a flush before and I hav'nt had any problems. I also changed all my gaskets since, so I would'nt be the best person to tell you of any long term effects . I will look into the bg products stuff too..thanks for the heads up. Also Matt clean your throttle body too and your MAF with the CRC maf cleaner. You're going to change the rear main seal anyway, thats the worst to get to so you will be ok.
plan on having the gaskets changed.already cleaned maf and did a quick clean of the throttle body a couple months ago.but i plan on doing a better job on the throttle body.
Old 03-16-09, 02:56 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ~Slammed~
Dam dude I want to go! Take Pictures..

(Nightrider80 from INC)
Welcome over to the "L" side. Now that your here you'll never leave! Check out the 2GS section for Mod idea's.
Old 03-16-09, 06:31 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
MAF? I dont need no stinking MAF MAP-ECU is going to be installed.

Quick Reply: Rockingham Dragway NC on March 15th