Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

SC300 NA-T Installation - June 13-14 (Cary, NC) Finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 09:30 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remainder of missing parts have been ordered: oil feed/return lines, fuel pump, and some additional silicone couplers...everything is still on schedule...I spent some time this weekend putting in some cabinets in the garage to give us a nice work area.
Old 05-31-09, 09:24 AM
zebt66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you putting stock exhaust on the car? need the HKS if you are going turbo.
Old 06-04-09, 08:57 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

I'm going back to duel with something custom, but not right away. I was really just looking to get stock exhaust in case I ever need it again. paco hooked me up with a good price.

Just a reminder to everyone, one week away!!! Walbro fuel pump finally got here today, new timing belt will be here tomorrow....zeb if you see/talk to AJ tell him I;m waiting to hear back about the clutch. If we cant to do it early next week then we may need to do it in my garage with everything else
Old 06-05-09, 07:02 AM
zebt66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mteele
I'm going back to duel with something custom, but not right away. I was really just looking to get stock exhaust in case I ever need it again. paco hooked me up with a good price.

Just a reminder to everyone, one week away!!! Walbro fuel pump finally got here today, new timing belt will be here tomorrow....zeb if you see/talk to AJ tell him I;m waiting to hear back about the clutch. If we cant to do it early next week then we may need to do it in my garage with everything else

I will talk to him today and tell him to call you!
Old 06-09-09, 11:09 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

I'm sending my phone number and address to you guys via PM so that you know where you are going this weekend If you dont get it and are still coming, let me know.

I'm going to start taking things apart on Friday, but the major work will not start until saturday morning @ 8am. Going in to get the clutch done tonight...hope everyone can still come out!
Old 06-11-09, 09:26 PM
Fash00
Driver

what part of nc
Old 06-12-09, 04:15 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Cary, just outside of Raleigh

Started taking some of the interior apart today, but didnt start on the mechanical yet. I have to go back to the shop after work today, trying to troubleshoot a slight grind in the transmission when shifting into 5th. It was perfect before doing the clutch and we cant figure out what could have caused this to be happening. After that I'll be able to get moving on some serious work later tonight
Old 06-12-09, 10:13 AM
zebt66
Pole Position

I am installing my suspension today, so after that i can come help u out.
Old 06-12-09, 12:01 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Ok, give me a call or just come on over when you're done. I'll be home in about an hour.

Went back to the shop to troubleshooot the tranny, and still couldnt identify the problem. Going to try going back to Mobil 1 gear oil, and if that wont work I'll have to install my spare W58. But it will have to wait till next week unless we end up having the time this weekend. Atleast I have gears 1-4...
Old 06-13-09, 12:27 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

3:30am...time to call it a night. No one needs to show up tomorrow till 10-11, I need some rest.
Old 06-14-09, 09:48 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped out yesterday with the installation. I would probably still be fumbling around with the intake manifold if it wasnt for your help

I'll get the head decked tomorrow and we can go from there. In the mean time I can get the wiring started for the MAP-ECU, mount the IC, and do some misc. stuff
Old 06-15-09, 06:23 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Head is getting decked today. Installation to continue this evening.

Spent most of yesterday getting a bunch of smaller items done. All the intake manifold pieces were cleaned out (I had an 'oops' though, using carb cleaner instead of throttle body cleaner...from reading online I dont think I messed anything up though), got the downpipe wrapped up, and then spent a lot of timeon EGR/vacuum items. Doing a lot of reading online, making sure I didnt eliminate anything that was needed.
Old 06-15-09, 04:51 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

good luck man.sorry i was not a big help to you,and hope i was not getting in the way.
Old 06-15-09, 05:51 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Not at all!!! We were glad to have you there....we may still be doing stuff next weekend if you want to come by again
Old 06-16-09, 05:41 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

i might do that.i'll have to see what my wife have planned.

Quick Reply: SC300 NA-T Installation - June 13-14 (Cary, NC) Finally!!!