Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

SC300 NA-T Installation - June 13-14 (Cary, NC) Finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 01:23 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking SC300 NA-T Installation - June 13-14 (Cary, NC) Finally!!!

Well, its time to stop putting this off. I've been collecting my parts for over a year now, and its finally time to install my NA-T kit on my 1996 SC300.

Tenative installation date is June 13-14, since it looks like a few of the Raleigh locals are heading down for the Columbia SC meet the weekend before. Hopefully you guys dont mind doing something two weekends in a row.

Everyone is welcome to come and help. Even if you have no idea on what we'll be doing, come on by for a while and learn, hang out, and maybe lend a hand. The only way you learn some of this stuff is by doing it. I've actually never dont a turbo kit installation myself either! So I'll be depending on others help in this some. (Jeremy ) I'm having the clutch installed this week, so we wont have to deal with dropping a transmission in a garage with no lift (PITA).

If you're interested, just post here. I will send out my address and phone number to everyone as we get a little closer. Its going to take alll day Saturday and probably most of Sunday to get things finished up. We'll be doing the work in my garage, so workspace and weather shouldnt be a concern. I'll have a bunch of snacks and drinks on hand for anyone who wants to come, I just will want a headcount so I know how much stuff to buy.

Ok, I guess thats it. Who's in?!?! Lets get a list going...
Old 05-12-09, 01:41 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

HKS350 - Can I just sit and point? LOL j/k
Old 05-12-09, 02:10 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm their what are all the parts you need to go n a t and how much hp will you get.i'll want to do this next yr.taking care of other things first.only thing i'll be staying automatic i'm not trying to get to crazy.
Old 05-12-09, 02:42 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll try my best to make it........nothing is ever for sure for me since I got a newborn and the wifey gets mad whenever I work on car stuff.
Old 05-12-09, 05:33 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there at some point. Not sure if I'll be able to join the whole time but I'll know better when we get closer
Old 05-12-09, 06:53 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by romeo291
I'll try my best to make it........nothing is ever for sure for me since I got a newborn and the wifey gets mad whenever I work on car stuff.
congrats on the new born
Old 05-12-09, 09:51 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

lol i hear that, my fiance is pregnant and hates when i do car stuff as well...
so much that i decided to put my swap off until next year

Matt why don't you make one last trip NA and come down to Cola on the 6th, then we can all come up there and get your NA-T done the next weekend lol..
Old 05-13-09, 04:33 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HKS350
HKS350 - Can I just sit and point? LOL j/k
I dont think so!!!

Originally Posted by matrixgts
i'm their what are all the parts you need to go n a t and how much hp will you get.i'll want to do this next yr.taking care of other things first.only thing i'll be staying automatic i'm not trying to get to crazy.
Probably going to be around 400hp after this, with the capability of more. Theres a LOT of parts, so you can see them all when you come over This is a bit more complicated then that differential installation we did. You can stay automatic with turbo, we can talk all about it and I can help show you everything you need to buy.

I understand man, I know how real life can be. Thats why I am just blocking off this weekend and going to go full-speed on the installation. Otherwise it would never get done because I am SOOO busy with work right now. The reason I am having to wait so long is because of all the Saturday shifts I have to work between now and then.

Originally Posted by AZN Lex
I'll be there at some point. Not sure if I'll be able to join the whole time but I'll know better when we get closer
Sounds good!

Originally Posted by aka paco
lol i hear that, my fiance is pregnant and hates when i do car stuff as well...
so much that i decided to put my swap off until next year

Matt why don't you make one last trip NA and come down to Cola on the 6th, then we can all come up there and get your NA-T done the next weekend lol..
Luckily my wife doesnt mind car stuff too much...then again I spent all the turbo money before we were officially married so I guess I cant say that just yet I might be able to make the trip down, so long as I dont have to work that Saturday.
Old 05-13-09, 08:55 AM
zebt66
Pole Position

I live in Cary and down for helping you out. Done turbo kits way too many times...don't think it will be hard, i will come down with AJ. if you want to start earlier then that day let me know...i am off on Saturday and Sundays usually...unless i am not riding.
Old 05-13-09, 12:37 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zebt66
I live in Cary and down for helping you out. Done turbo kits way too many times...don't think it will be hard, i will come down with AJ. if you want to start earlier then that day let me know...i am off on Saturday and Sundays usually...unless i am not riding.

I saw you on Hwy 64 the other day!

If you want to come over the Friday night before, that would be cool. We can just take our time doing some of the pre-installation stuff like removing the bumper and draining fluids....take our time and drink some beers
Old 05-13-09, 03:31 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mteele
I saw you on Hwy 64 the other day!

If you want to come over the Friday night before, that would be cool. We can just take our time doing some of the pre-installation stuff like removing the bumper and draining fluids....take our time and drink some beers
I usually take 64 to work everyday...call me when ever you want help 919 337 8667
Old 05-13-09, 07:07 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Oh ok. I'm working on a project right there off US1 & Hwy 64. You can actually see it from Tryon road heading West, BIG building. Thanks for the offer of help, I'll definately need it. This will be my first big project since a 1JZ swap about 4 years ago.
Old 05-13-09, 07:26 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mteele
Oh ok. I'm working on a project right there off US1 & Hwy 64. You can actually see it from Tryon road heading West, BIG building. Thanks for the offer of help, I'll definately need it. This will be my first big project since a 1JZ swap about 4 years ago.
No problem at all! if you want we can start this weekend lol.
Old 05-13-09, 10:56 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt, I hope you got your fuel pump on order already. I'll see if I can take that week off and head back to raleigh to hang out with the boys. Heck, I still need to install my SC'd too. Been way too busy and work relocation has gotten me to push my hobbies aside..
Old 05-14-09, 08:50 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zebt66
No problem at all! if you want we can start this weekend lol.
I would have started a long time ago if the SC wasnt my daily driver, thats why its important we make every effort to be done in one weekend

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Matt, I hope you got your fuel pump on order already. I'll see if I can take that week off and head back to raleigh to hang out with the boys. Heck, I still need to install my SC'd too. Been way too busy and work relocation has gotten me to push my hobbies aside..
Same thing happened to me with work, and my wedding, and my honeymoon...life has been busy so far this year!!!

Quick Reply: SC300 NA-T Installation - June 13-14 (Cary, NC) Finally!!!