Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Charlotte Mini Meet & Dyno Day - April 27

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-02, 08:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts
Default Charlotte Mini Meet & Dyno Day - April 27

Dex and I have been looking at calendars for a good weekend to host a mini-meet in Charlotte NC and it looks like Saturday April 27th will be the best one...

We both travel over weekends sometimes, but will be in Charlotte the weekend of 4/27. We know this conflicts with another SE car show that same weekend (sorry). Those folks who might have traveled to Charlotte will just have to make it to the next NC event!

Light / flexible plans for the event at this point. One of the things we'd like to do is set up a group discount dyno at one of the local shops (there are several since this is NASCAR country).

Another thought is to see if we can get some track time or instructed time at a local performance driving school.

We'd definitely plan some Lexus cruises around town and the local area (e.g. spirited driving and pack hunting ). I'll probably have a cookout and auto-themed movie night at my house in the evening for those who are interested.

I'll send out an email to those folks who are local / semi-local letting them know about the event as well.

If you can make it please post here or send an email to DaveGS4@ClubLexus.com
Old 04-02-02, 08:08 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn it dave..........now i have to make a decision. track time or dyno time? montgomery or charlotte? hangin out with lexus peeps and country boys or hangin out with lexus peeps and my chapter brothers? paper or plastic? g-string or......oh wait that wasnt supposed to be there

Doc

PS im there, sorry trudremz. maybe next time
Old 04-02-02, 06:31 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to dyno and run around - but the Montgomery thing calls.
Old 04-02-02, 10:26 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

common fellas....do it another weekend...cause if you did that
i would definatly drive up to check it out
its just that i have been waiting for this show since they first said they were gonna do it
and a buncha my girl friends are gonna enter the bikini contest so i gotta be tehre to cheer them on
if there is another date you would switch it to ... i would come join
i wanna get my car dynoed at a group discount rate
just to see waht i actually have at the wheels and all
lemme know if you can change or anything... cause it could be fun
cause it sounds like you guys just threw all of this together within a day or so

i konw you can think of a better date... plus the 28th is my birthday and we could have a lexus party... kegs and all
just a thought
anyways.... if it doesnt work out .... that sucks...
peace
Old 04-03-02, 05:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Tru,

I'd love to switch it to another date, but both Dexter and I travel and aren't in Charlotte during the weekends at the same time very often lately. We've been talking about doing one of these for a while and finally got around to aligning our calendars. This is a 'mini meet' so we aren't planning a lot of big events to draw folks away from yours, more hanging out.

As I was doing the posting I noticed it conflicted with yours - sucks I know - but we'll have another one in a couple of months, hopefully a much bigger one with more events. We're working with local Lexus dealer to get location and sponsorship for this one, perhaps up at their (Hendrick) NASCAR workshop location. If you pick one to come to, definitely do that one. We need to get you and awj up for that one.

BTW, happy birthday!
Old 04-03-02, 06:05 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

So let's all go to Montgomery and then do the dyno thing next month. An idea.
Old 04-03-02, 06:09 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
....We need to get you and awj up for that one....
And Bean too.

Really though, anyone is welcome for the super-duper event a few months down the road.
Old 04-03-02, 06:20 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by awj
So let's all go to Montgomery and then do the dyno thing next month. An idea.
Good idea, maybe next time for me . I've been traveling every week and every other weekend for over three years now and am really looking forward to a week and couple of weekends at home with no flying or long distance driving. It's about 7 hours to Montgomery from Charlotte...

BUT you guys have got to take lots of pics and post them. I'm talking about the bikini contest, of course .
Old 04-03-02, 08:43 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

hahaha... thats cool
cause it is some friends of mine that are doing the show and im sure all the pics will be up on the website... including all teh girls
but i will be sure to take a few extra pics with my camera
maybe get some up close and personal ones

but ya thats cool about the date
just work out another one soon... maybe during the summer or something so it wouldnt conflict with classes as much as it would this semester anyways
Old 04-05-02, 12:01 PM
LexFather

aww crap what's a Lex owner to do!?!?!
Old 04-07-02, 08:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

1Sick - I'm goin' to Charlotte, by the way.
Old 04-11-02, 01:04 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LINK To My Question To SRT About DYNO RUNS
Old 04-15-02, 10:02 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Planning Update: Doing some research / calls on the group dyno, the one located near my house probably won't be able to accomidate more than 2 or 3 cars on Saturday AM due to their limited weekend staff.

I found one which sounds even better just south of Charlotte just off I-85 (which will work well for any folks coming up from Atlanta Saturday AM), a place called Precision Engine and Dyno. They have the latest Dynojet 248 high inertia model dyno, and have done group events with Porche, GM F-body and Grand Prix, Mustang clubs, etc. $45 per car for our group, they open at 9am Saturdays and stay until everybody is done. Our group would move to the front of other folks that may come in without an appointment.

Here's a link to some pictures & video of the F-body Club Dyno meet at this location (Z28/TAs)

I've also sent an email to the local Lexus dealer who is owned by Hendrick (who also owns the Hendrick Motorsports racing team), asking if they might own a dyno we could use. Not holding my breath that this will happen on short notice, but worth asking.

I'll need to start getting a count of how many folks are planning to attend to let the dyno folks know by this weekend, so please PM or email me if you plan to come. I'll also send out an email to those local folks who have expressed interest in attending Charlotte events.
Old 04-16-02, 02:13 PM
YellowIS3
Driver School Candidate

Default New guy....

Last week I bought a used IS300 from Hendrick. I should be able to make it for this meet. I'm also a member at 3si.org and I'm hoping to have a combined Lexus/3000/Stealth meet later in the year. They're a great group of guys and we held a national gathering last summer here in Charlotte. I also like to go to the test-and-tune at Mooresville on Thursday night. I shocked a lot of people with my stock 9.772 last week. I look forward to meeting the locals. Is you see a Yellow IS with the tag "WASSSSUP", give a honk. Take care.
Old 04-16-02, 03:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Cool & welcome! I was just about to reply to your post in the lobby with a link here and I see you already found it.

Please PM or email me (davegs4@clublexus.com) with an email address for you and I'll send you more details for the meet like our proposed schedule, directions to the dyno place, etc.

Also - if you're just getting into your IS, you might want to check out www.is300.net if you haven't already. The crowd can be a little unruly though .

Quick Reply: Charlotte Mini Meet & Dyno Day - April 27