Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Dark Side is back - Nov 7-8 Roebling Road HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-09, 07:23 AM
DarkSideDE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dark Side is back - Nov 7-8 Roebling Road HPDE

I haven't given up on Club Lexus. I know there are some great Lexuses out there that we want to see perform on the track - hopefully, you are one of the drivers who too, would like to see what your car can do when it is opened up.

Driver Ed allows you the fun of learning how to control your car at high speeds without the interference of a siren coming up behind you. It is also a lot cheaper than a speeding ticket.

I extend this invite to all of you. Registration has opened and the roster is filling up at www.clubregistration.net Dark Side Driving Events.

We run 5 groups from novice to advance and some folks believe we are more than just a show up, do track, go home type of group. We try to make it a social occasion as well. November we are planning a Saturday night Italian night - my husband Al will be homecooking Chicken Cacciatore, Sausage with onions and peppers plus Baked Ziti. Our CDI, Serge is baking up dessert for all that attend. (And it's only $10 to attend.)

If you have questions please ask away -- I truly hope we can see a beautiful array of Lexuses out there playing with all the RX-8s, 911s, Lotuses, Mustangs, etc. etc. etc.

See you at the Dark Side,
Jackie
Old 09-19-09, 09:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

My wife is going to be instructing at this event - we'll be there with our normal track buddies.

Prior event posts list some details and Q&A about rental helmets, etc if anyone is thinking about attending (link to one here)

Jackie, we'll give Al a chance on the Saturday dinner but I really like the old BBQ guy you've used the last few events.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-19-09 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-19-09, 07:35 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

where is this track
Old 09-19-09, 08:10 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matrixgts
where is this track
Roebling road is a little outside of Savanah Georgia. It's a great track to learn on with plenty of runoff space if needed..
Old 09-21-09, 11:58 AM
DarkSideDE
Driver School Candidate

I don't know how to respond to that Dave - LOL

I love Al's homecooking!!! And I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how nice it's all going to be. I can't wait...

Meanwhile - this time we will have www.apexperformance.com with us at trackside - and they rent helmets. You can contact them in advance to reserve one...

and - my chiropractor, the guy who magically moved my bones so I could walk again - will be there - massages - 10 minutes for 10 bucks... I think you'll know where I'll be...
Old 09-22-09, 05:33 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,423 Posts

I've been looking forward to this since May. I hope I get medical clearance - a neck injury in July has been keeping me off the track all summer. I'll know more next week.
Old 09-23-09, 02:26 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Roebling road is a little outside of Savanah Georgia. It's a great track to learn on with plenty of runoff space if needed..
thanks for the info
Old 09-24-09, 10:33 AM
DarkSideDE
Driver School Candidate

Hope you are doing better Lance... if you can't drive, you are still very welcome to come and visit...

Neck injuries are horrible - keep us posted and we'll pray for the best for you.
Old 10-25-09, 07:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

We'll be down for Friday's lapping day and the DE Saturday & Sunday. Anybody else going?
Old 10-25-09, 07:55 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Thinking about going and doing "Taste of the Track" again to see how it feels. K says she'd like to ride again too.
Old 10-27-09, 02:30 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be trailering in my car for this event, if I can get the trailer rented in time.

If not I'll be around there next year...
Old 10-27-09, 03:32 PM
DarkSideDE
Driver School Candidate

You are all welcome to be with us - it's going to be a hoot! We have a new track vendor -- Apex Performance and we are looking forward to seeing what merchandise they will bring. They are track folks - and will be doing the DE as well.

Also, my chiropractor will be there - giving 10 minute massages for $10.

The B&G Club will be there -- and there is a family style parade Saturday everyone is welcome to participate.

And Saturday night - hubby Al has prepared a wonderful meal. The menu reads like this: Caesar Salad to start, Chicken Cacciatore, Sausages with Onions & Peppers, Italian Roast Potatoes and for dessert - Cheesecake and Coffee. Meal will be served with Italian Bread, Italian Beer and Italian Wine...
Old 11-09-09, 10:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Great weekend! Taste of the track was a blast, dinner was incredible, and as always everyone was very helpful and friendly. Great event!