Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Richmond, VA or VA Beach Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-02, 10:30 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell if were traveling all the way up there, why not just stay in the seat a few more hours and head up to SRT? just a thought......

Doc
Old 05-31-02, 10:53 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I just wanted to check in so you didn't think I forgot. 8/9 June is bad for me but the next weekend should be good. Anything after the 27th I'll be out of town. I guess an Atlantic Blvd. cruise would be OK but it's slow and there's always tons of po-po. I don't really have a good idea yet but I like Dr. Rick's idea. Let's just roll up to SRT. I'll have a torque converter put in. Anyone??? DaveGS4??? Maybe someone you know was looking for a supercharger..
Old 05-31-02, 01:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

I plan on heading up there for my SC soon too .

Not quite yet, however; want to get all the "3 Ss" stereo, suspension and stopping done first.

I probably won't be up for the SRT drive during this trip - will have already done my 5+ hours from Charlotte to Williamsburg, then on to VA Beach (and back).

I'll only be in for that one weekend mentioned earlier. If it doesn't work out this time, maybe next time (on my way to get the SC!)
Old 06-03-02, 07:44 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Ok so how does June 15/16 sound? Is that cool for everyone?

We just need a place to meet up.
Old 06-03-02, 10:00 AM
Kizoku
Rookie

sounds good but i graduate on the 14th.........i should be able to though......late in the day of the 15th prolly would be a good time.....just tell me a time and place and i'll see what i can do.......
Old 06-03-02, 05:43 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Sounds good Kizoku, I'll prolly be there Sat and Sun so I'm down to meet up both days. I hope I'll have my new shocks and springs in time!
Old 06-04-02, 09:47 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spectra, I don't think i can make the 1st two meets (i might be able to make the second one, but i know i can't make the 1st one), but Im pretty sure i can make the last one at the end of the month.

Originally posted by SpectraGS3
Cool, I'll keep a list of who's/when's

VA Beach

Date Members
---------------------------------------------
6/8 - 6/9 SpectraGS3
MyLexusSC300
Kizoku
zushwa ??

6/15 - 6/16 SpectraGS3
MyLexusSC300
Kizoku ??

6/29 - 6/30 SpectraGS3
DaveGS4 ??
--------------------------------------------

Any suggestions on where to meet up? I hate paying for parking

Also, anyone know how to change your CL screen name? Wanna change it since I sold my blue GS3 for a whtie GS4
Old 06-05-02, 04:41 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

That's cool, I think the first one is out since it looks like no one can make it but I'll be there for the other two, hope to see you.

Just need a few more people and a meeting spot and we're good to go!
Old 06-05-02, 05:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Originally posted by MyLexusSC300
Spectra, I don't think i can make the 1st two meets (i might be able to make the second one, but i know i can't make the 1st one), but Im pretty sure i can make the last one at the end of the month.

I'll only be in the area around June 21 - 23, so the other weekends are out for me. I've got work meetings over the weekend (schedule TBD) at least on Saturday, so it might be Sunday sometime if I head down to the beach.

MyLexSC - getting to VA Beach vs meeting in Richmond will add another 45 mins to 1.5 hour to your trip from Roanoke depending on traffic (and how fast you care to drive ).
Old 06-10-02, 04:06 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Ok looks like me and zushwa are cool for this upcoming weekend. Anyone else?
Old 06-11-02, 09:06 PM
Kizoku
Rookie

saturday is a possibility just depends on the time.......and well this sunday i can definitely do something......did anyone come up with a place or anything yet?????
Old 06-12-02, 08:05 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

I'm good for Sat or Sunday, I don't know the area real well, just the strip area around Atlantic, anyone know a good parking lot near the beach to meet up at, one that won't charge us to just hang around.
Old 06-14-02, 11:31 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

So is anyone trying to do this weekend? Looks like it will be warm but a little cloudy.
Old 06-14-02, 08:16 PM
Kizoku
Rookie

ok well saturday i hav to be out w/ family........but sunday im straight........i thought of maybe going to Redwing park to meet....its about 10 minutes from the beach.....its right off of general booth about 1 mile from the intersection of dam neck and general booth.......its a nice lil' place......otherwise u'd prolly have 1st parking which is like 4 bucks i think.....not sure if they'd let us chill......if we went sunday morning my friend works there and it'd be free but i think he gets off around 2 so might be a lil' too early for a meet.........well those are my two ideas.........
Old 06-15-02, 08:15 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

I have to work all day sunday but I can meet up today. All I want to do today is go over to Dome's in Chesapeake. they're having a customer appreciation sale. SpectraGS3, you heading down???

Let me know if you guys want to meet up sometime today or tonight.

Later,

Josh

Quick Reply: Richmond, VA or VA Beach Meet