Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

"Tilted Kilt" meet part II!! Saturday, April 17th, 4pm

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-10, 02:48 PM
charris
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still at mech trying to figure out gas smell. Not gonna make it
Old 04-17-10, 10:09 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so how was the turn out?
Old 04-18-10, 05:41 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

really effing pathetic. how you gonna set up a meet and not go to it mike? by the time we rolled in, which was about 1/2 hour after it started, there were only 4 cars there. don't get me wrong, they were all very cool and nice guys, however, ONLY 4 cars. the group i brought doubled the total to 8. we didn't stay long as i had to go back to work, but nevertheless. if you plan on hosting a meet, a better strategy will be needed next time. i was told a few bimmers showed up but left even before i got there.
Old 04-18-10, 09:40 AM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

it suxs everytime there is a meet the first one is always good and after that nobody shows up anymore
Old 04-18-10, 11:00 AM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
really effing pathetic. how you gonna set up a meet and not go to it mike? by the time we rolled in, which was about 1/2 hour after it started, there were only 4 cars there. don't get me wrong, they were all very cool and nice guys, however, ONLY 4 cars. the group i brought doubled the total to 8. we didn't stay long as i had to go back to work, but nevertheless. if you plan on hosting a meet, a better strategy will be needed next time. i was told a few bimmers showed up but left even before i got there.
Yep. I was there with my ES and brought my bimmer friends. e92 335ci, e46 supercharged 330ci,e36 m3, and an e39 528i. I was really disappointed =/
Old 04-18-10, 10:50 PM
SKIIP
Driver

Default old spot

personally, I think the old location at Starbucks is much better. the restaraunt is amazing and a perect spot for chillin' and eating some great food, but,is this about cars or kilt's?
Old 04-19-10, 06:32 AM
LexFather

Setting up a meet is for everyone and there are some meets I cannot attend but will help organize. I was running around due to wedding related items and happened to be in the area when TriniGS asked would I stop by. I saw yall leave when I arrived and I could not stay long as I had running around to do.

I posted on multiple forums and sent a text out and its sad more people didn't attend for whatever reason(s). It is just TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH to get Lexus owners out. As you know I've hosted/held meets for the Lexus scene for almost ten years now. I've seen and been at small meets (3 cars) and huge ones (60 Lexus). Sadly this was a smaller one.

There is no doubt I feel disappointed about how this meet came out and how small the Lexus scene is. Not sure why its gotten smaller when more cars are sold and more of them are catered to "enthusiasts". I look at Florida, Cali, Texas and even the NELOC group has more people involved things are more exciting.

Maybe its me that is the issue? If others step up and get things going I will gladly take a backseat if it helps the Lexus scene.

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
it suxs everytime there is a meet the first one is always good and after that nobody shows up anymore
The Lexus scene is just tough, it feels like pulling nails sometimes. You would think meets were $100 to attend or something.

Originally Posted by kaldES98
Yep. I was there with my ES and brought my bimmer friends. e92 335ci, e46 supercharged 330ci,e36 m3, and an e39 528i. I was really disappointed =/
Yeah the guys inside told me they saw some BMWs but they didn't stay long. Thanks for coming.

Originally Posted by SKIIP
personally, I think the old location at Starbucks is much better. the restaraunt is amazing and a perect spot for chillin' and eating some great food, but,is this about cars or kilt's?
Nice seeing you Skip, sorry I was in and out the meet. Your ride looks FANTASTIC.

Redpaste has been gracious enough to give us all the parking/time we need and a discount on food if enough people attend. No where else is doing that. The meets I set up elsewhere the owners don't give us anything and/or we have to leave the area like the parking deck downtown.

We will continue to evolve and try different things to see what works. I think its great this is a place where we are WELCOMED to hang out instead of the opposite.

My apologies if you or anyone felt like it was time that could have been better spent.
Old 04-19-10, 09:41 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

damn Mike, don't be so hard on yourself! i think i speak for alot of people when i say, keep up the good work! your passion, enthusiasm and efforts don't go unnoticed. i, for one, know what it takes to host events/meets and its not an easy task by any means. i don't think you are the problem, the problem is just like you stated, its the lexus scene down here. there was a reason why i never started a chapter for Lexotic Concepts down here. people are not as hard core about their cars or the scene down here.

hopefully future events will bring more people out. i, also, think that this meet was too close to the last one. probably need to spread them out a bit further to give people more time to plan around it. and then ofcourse, the less meets there are, the more people will feel inclined to come out. maybe if you hosted 4 a year.. 1 every quarter and then some inbetween meets where we roll out to an already planned meet/event (formula drift, petit lemans, car shows, etc etc)

you know me Mike, just let me know how i can help.
Old 04-19-10, 12:35 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Rolling out to formula drift in May would be hella tight.
Old 04-19-10, 02:10 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

I really dont think this is anyone's fault for a poor turnout and it definitely isn't Mike's. We just didnt get a lot of people out there. There could have been numerous reasons why, but it definitely isn't the fault of a member.

Any member is more than free to send me a pm on different ideas. I am always welcomed to any and all suggestions.
Old 04-19-10, 02:37 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

really effing pathetic. how you gonna set up a meet and not go to it mike?
damn Mike, don't be so hard on yourself! .
Well Dan, I think your previous post may have made Mike feel guilty, . Sorry I couldn't make it out this time fellas. My brother's baby shower went a lot longer than expected.
Old 04-19-10, 07:07 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

i agree with mike.. the Neloc scene is awesome. when i use to live in nj there was meets all the time in nj/nj with decent turnouts. soon i know we will get a decent turnout. just takes time. hopefully next meet we can get a decent turnout.. thanks mike for taking the time to set up meets for us guys to go to. and redpaste as well.
Old 04-19-10, 08:14 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Mang! i couldve been out there wit ya'll.. tag office givin me hard time to get my title clear so now i dnt hav my tag yet. it wouldve been nice just to show up.
Old 04-20-10, 07:49 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by veritek
Well Dan, I think your previous post may have made Mike feel guilty, . Sorry I couldn't make it out this time fellas. My brother's baby shower went a lot longer than expected.
^ i hear ya Bing... i was just giving the man some ****. thats what i do! lol

i had a feeling it was going to be a small turnout just because we had one 2 weeks prior. but i don't blame mike at all for the small turnout, i just blame him for everything else wrong with the world. its all his fault!
Old 04-20-10, 07:52 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

btw, i've always thought going out to lake lanier and renting a pavillion or bbq area would be a badass idea. i was just driving down buford dam for the first time this past weekend and found a ton of spots that would be sweet to have a meet. im sure it will cost a little money to reserve the space, but we are all lexus owners, ponying up a few dollars shoudn't be a problem, right?

Quick Reply: "Tilted Kilt" meet part II!! Saturday, April 17th, 4pm