Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Stolen Rims! Easy to identify

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 04:29 PM
GJB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Rims! Easy to identify

Hey I recently had my rims stolen last Wednesday (22" Asanti AF 162). They got me and my boi that has a LS 460 (22" Lexani LX 15).I have a few questions. Im in the market for an after market alarm system and came across the Viper 5902 with remote start. I would like to know if any other GS owners have this alarm system installed on their vehicle or any similar Viper alarm system. If so have you had any problems with this alarm system? A tech from Best Buy told me that I would have to also purchase a bypass for the remote start. Also I would like to know what’s the best wheel locks on the market. because I had wheel locks on all four of my wheels but they were able to still steal them!
thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-car-after.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-les-on-bricks3.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-car-after-3.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-car-before.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-car-before-2.jpg  

Old 09-29-10, 05:00 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

saw what happened in LS forum,,,think gorilla locks pretty good,,,hate to see cars on bricks but at least new wheels,,,
Old 09-29-10, 05:01 PM
myGSsoWET
Driver

dam that sucks man you need one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc
Old 09-29-10, 05:14 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a compustar 2 way pager and remote start, it required 2 bypass modules one for the push button and one for the brake since the brake must be engaged to use the push button took them awhile to install but works. If you don t disarm the alarm and hit the brake within 30 seconds the car will stall when you put it drive. I also have some freshly repainted Asantis for sale also here are some pics Viper also has an alarm that will hook to the Iphone and call you when your car goes into alarm I wish I would have gone this route PM me if your interested in the wheels they are only a year old and n great condition tires might have 8k on them I just wouldn t use a high pressure car wash on them since they are painted! By the way sorry about your wheels bro.

P.S. Im putting coilovers on my car tommorrow I have a set of Tein H tech lowering springs too!
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-grass-pic.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-lex-garage.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-lexus.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-p3070130.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-securedownload-2.jpg  

Last edited by lkapimp216; 09-29-10 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-29-10, 05:22 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Thats why you need video surveillance, pager, pitbulls, pistol, and an insurance policy on your wheels. Wheels locks can be removed if someone knows what they are doing
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-p2wss.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-tank-and-roc.jpg   Stolen Rims! Easy to identify-xdwmag.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by lkapimp216; 09-29-10 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-29-10, 06:53 PM
cowsgomoo
Pole Position

I have a 357 XD =) My favorite.

What kind of Wheel locks/lugs did you have? spine drive?
Old 09-29-10, 07:09 PM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

two at the same time? those theives are brazen. Is this garage parking for your work, or residence?
Old 09-29-10, 07:17 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no camera in this place?? something tells me inside job for them to get both cars at the same time.

no key will prevent someone from taking your rims. I had my buddy come take off the OEM keys since I broke the key and he had all 4 lugs off in a matter of minutes. All you need is the right tool and say good bye to your rims
Old 09-29-10, 07:28 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Yea there is rly no way to avoid it, Viper is a very good alarm system, you can also get a tow/rims stealing sensor where if the car gets lifted up it would go off. Now also you will need 2 by passes and also sacrificing a key to do all that. I would also highly suggest air horns when the alarm goes off so it would be HELLA LOUD. You can also get that iphone app for viper start it from you phone, etc ect. Compustar is a very good alarm for cars that are on stick, other than that you can't really add much to it, like all these different type of sensors like, someone puts they're hand in you car with you're windows down it would start going off bunch of sensors are offered from viper. You can view all the options and accessories here http://viper.com/ShopViperProducts/S...tegoryCode=104 This is the tow/jacking car sensor i was talking about http://viper.com/P-507M/Digital-Tilt-Motion-Sensor. Also my friend was driving his car on the highway and viper called him saying his car was stolen and turned it off while he was driving. Yes it was a mistake but he did not have a 2 way pager with him when that happened. Viper is defiantly the way to go.

Last edited by GS350Lexus; 09-29-10 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-29-10, 07:36 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Yea there is rly no way to avoid it, Viper is a very good alarm system, you can also get a tow/rims stealing sensor where if the car gets lifted up it would go off. Now also you will need 2 by passes and also sacraficing a key to do all that. I would also highly suggest air horns when the alarm goes off so it would be HELLA LOUD. You can also get that iphone app for viper start it from you phone, etc ect.
I didn t have to use one of my keys for my remote start, that would have sucked to use a $500 key. They used some sort of module to get around this!
Old 09-29-10, 07:39 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks man they must have scoped the place out to know u guys parked together. good luck resolving this!
Old 09-29-10, 07:41 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Red face

[QUOTE=cowsgomoo;5826946]I have a 357 XD =) My favorite.

Definitely love my .45 you should see my 107 lbs fiance shoot that joint she is a beast too! Nothing like sexy chicks, guns and tight cars! My dogs and bike are cool too!
Old 09-29-10, 07:56 PM
GJB
Driver School Candidate

yes i had spine drive lugs This is my residence parking.. I have only been parking here for less than a month. There is a camera right above my car, but you see the white paint on my hood in picture 3.. its because they painted the camera so they couldn't be seen. We have the thieves entering and leaving (with tag #s) and there was an eye witness to the crime but the f'en police wont even come out to get the DVD.
Old 09-29-10, 08:12 PM
LexFather

I'm moving to the SE forum where local people can see it.
Old 09-29-10, 08:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
I didn t have to use one of my keys for my remote start, that would have sucked to use a $500 key. They used some sort of module to get around this!
This is how mine is also I can also get in and so long I have the key fob the car stays running. I didnt go full alarm I just wanted to warm the car up when it gets cold out.

Quick Reply: Stolen Rims! Easy to identify