Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

FINAL INFO- BIG Atlanta Meet this Saturday - MAPS

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-02, 04:07 PM
RevAtlanta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation FINAL INFO- BIG Atlanta Meet this Saturday - MAPS

When: August 3rd
Time: 11 AM
Where: Stone Mountain Park

Car Meet/Picnic Area - http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/Image1.jpg

What the maps mean
The red circles are where I want all the cars to park. Try and get here early....touch on this below as well.

The blue circle is the backup, just incase the other 2 parking lots get filled.

The black circle is the main picnic spot, where all the BBQin and hanging out will be. There's plenty more to do in Stone Mountain, I'll touch on this below.

I tried setting this up in one area where everything is close by, and this should work out well.

Info
Remember this is not reserved. I'm 19, and don't have a lot of money to go reserving these areas. There will be probably 2 of these next year and they should be reserved by then. I'm getting some support from companies, so stick with me on this.

I'm telling everyone to show up @ about 11 AM, but I recommend making the trip earlier only because of the last responses I got 1 month ago when setting this up. Seems like it'll be big.

Stone Mountain police are known to be strickter than your average Georgia police officer. Hence me begging you all to obey there rules. Do not go playing loud *** music and revving your engines or trying to do some burnouts. Act human.

VTecAtlanta is doing something everyone should try. Meeting @ one spot and caravaning and following each other down. Another tip I'll take from VtecAtlanta is that each person that is meeting with each other, is throwing in $10 each. Then they are going to Kroger and KFC and buying a lot of picnic like food...etc...etc...etc.

Pitch in together and save money.

Directions

***From Downtown Atlanta (via I-20)***

Take I-20 East to I-285 North. Once on I-285 North, take Exit 39B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Downtown/Midtown Atlanta (via I-85)***

Take I-85 North to I-285 East. Once on I-285 East, take Exit 39B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Hartsfield International Airport***

When exiting the Airport, follow signs to I-285. When you get to I-285, take I-285 East (towards Augusta). Follow I-285 to exit 39-B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Augusta, South Carolina***

Take I-20 West to I-285 North. Once on I-285 North, take Exit 39B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Greenville, South Carolina***

Take I-85 South to I-285 East. Once on I-285 East, take Exit 39B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Chattanooga***

Take I-75 South to I-285 East. Continue on I-285 East to Exit 39B. Take Exit 39B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Snellville/Athens (via U.S. Hwy 78)***

Take U.S. Highway 78 West. After crossing the overpass above East/West Park Place Blvd. near the Lincoln Tennis Center, exit to the left at the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance, exit 8. Follow this exit ramp cautiously around long curve to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Birmingham (via I-20)***

Take I-20 East through Downtown Atlanta. After passing thorugh downtown Atlanta, continue on I-20 East to I-285 North. Once on I-285 North, take Exit 39B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

***From Lake City/Valdosta (via I-75)***

Take I-75 North to I-675. Take I-675 North to I-285 East (Augusta). Continue on I-285 East to Exit 39B. Take Exit 39B, the U.S. Hwy 78 East (Snellville/Athens) exit. Travel 7.7 miles and take exit 8, the Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. Follow the exit ramp to the East Gate entrance of Stone Mountain Park.

Internet Coupon

http://www.stonemountainpark.com/newsite/tickets_ic.asp

Admission and Ticket Prices

***One Day Price***
Stone Mountain's One-Day All Attractions Admission offers unlimited use of all major Park attractions for one full day.

Adults - $19.00 + 7% tax
Children - (ages 3-11) $15.00 + 7% tax

Daily Parking Permit - $7.00 per vehicle (tax included; not valid for buses)

Lodging and Hotels

www.stonemountaininn.com
www.evergreenresort.com

Camping Map
http://www.stonemountainpark.com/new...ping_camp1.asp

The Camping is a good idea if you know anyone with camping vehicles.

Other Stuff

This is for any car. I got bikes coming, corvettes, etc. So don't by shy.

This should be an all day activity. I know I'm not staying overnight but there are a good amount of peole staying @ hotels in the park or around the area.

The park has laser shows, and on this weekend, it is no different. More than likely it will only be better than usual. So if like this type of stuff or have kids, this is for you.

They have too many attractions to list, but go to www.stonemountainpark.com if you feel like taking a peek at it.

I don't check my e-mail very often. So either a) Aim Me @ HHHaVoC or b) reply to this thread if you have any questions.

Feel free to post this on any website or message board you feel like. Copy and paste does the job.

And like I said...land is not reserved, so the earlier you show up...THE BETTER.

See ya all there.

Wheeler

Last edited by RevAtlanta; 07-29-02 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-29-02, 06:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Good job arranging this. Unfortunately I probably can't make it. Just wanted to say this weekend isn't Labor Day, that's usually the first weekend in September, not August.

Have a great time.
Old 07-29-02, 07:49 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how can you post initial info on this in june and then not put anything else up here about it until 4 days before. i will not be able to make it, and on top of that we are supposed to have a get together later on that evening at lennox. if this changes our plans for lennox let me know......

Doc
Old 07-29-02, 08:52 PM
RevAtlanta
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Good job arranging this. Unfortunately I probably can't make it. Just wanted to say this weekend isn't Labor Day, that's usually the first weekend in September, not August.

Have a great time.
Yea i fixed it. I was @ one website that has it marked August 2nd and I took it as it was. My mistake.

Its August 3rd.

And to answer your question...I posted this in June and said if anyone had any questions to email me or reply to the thread. I constantly checked back and no one had any big time questions if I can remember. If so, sorry.

And if you heard about it June, you should have marked your calenders for it and planned around it. Not my fault people forget things.
Old 07-30-02, 12:56 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

DRRick.... i think august 4th
is sunday

not saturday

so we are meeting at lenox on sunday

you goof ball
Old 07-30-02, 06:02 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion