Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Atlanta Area People! Need detailer recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 12:34 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Atlanta Area People! Need detailer recommendation

Folks, I have a black LS460 and the dang swirls are back. I need a local detailer that knows exactly what they are doing and can do a proper job of removing (hiding) swirls and will apply a long lasting sealer to keep them hidden for longer than one car wash.

I used to detail my white acura all the time, very hard to see swirls. But this black LS...mannnnnnn, what a chore..but dang it looks good when its clean, except when it is in direct sunlight and all the spiderweb swirls and stuff show up. About to put my new wheels on soon and I got to be lookin correct on the paint first.

Let me know if you have any good experiences with local detailers. Thanks!
Old 01-05-11, 04:58 PM
RXnick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the best detailers in the country right here...

Atlanta Car Detailing | Peach State Detail
Old 01-05-11, 06:33 PM
LexFather

I have heard and seen good things about Dan and the detail team at Zen Motors.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/zen-motors-llc-suwanee
Old 01-06-11, 07:41 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Wow, dude has quite the resume...impressive pics. I may have to look into him detailing my car. He ain't cheap though, but gotta pay to play. I really need to get back to a good baseline so I can take care of the car properly. Previous owner I think just went to any ol place to get details and washes..thanks for the lead..still seeking other recommendations if you all got em.

Originally Posted by RXnick

Old 01-06-11, 09:26 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

I'd second the recommendation for Dan at Zen Motors. I sent a co-worker to Dan, who has a black on black GS with bad swirls, and Dan's detailer brought her baby back to a nice showroom shine. My co-worker was very happy.
Old 01-06-11, 11:26 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Thats great. So I assume they put the proper seal on the car so the swirls don't re-appear once the wax they put on there comes off after a couple washes? Thats what happened to me when Cactus did the "paint restore" service...FAIL thanks for the info

Originally Posted by veritek
I'd second the recommendation for Dan at Zen Motors. I sent a co-worker to Dan, who has a black on black GS with bad swirls, and Dan's detailer brought her baby back to a nice showroom shine. My co-worker was very happy.
Old 01-06-11, 05:51 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

I honestly don't know, but my co-worker's been a happy lil camper since the detail. The detailer really knows his stuff and he'd be glad to work on a customer's car that knows about detailing, because that kind of customer will appreciate the attention to detail that is put in.
Old 01-06-11, 09:06 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

cool, i'll call them also..see what they can do for me..appreciate ya
Old 01-07-11, 01:38 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CJITTY
cool, i'll call them also..see what they can do for me..appreciate ya
Just called Dan for you, and he said he got your message and will get back with you Monday. He's down with bronchitis. Oh, and be sure to take before and after photos. Always love to see a great detailer bring out the best in a finish that didn't start out in great shape.
Old 01-07-11, 06:39 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by veritek
Just called Dan for you, and he said he got your message and will get back with you Monday. He's down with bronchitis. Oh, and be sure to take before and after photos. Always love to see a great detailer bring out the best in a finish that didn't start out in great shape.
Man, thats real cool of you. Thanks! Yeah, I called Zen Motors main number earlier today and a guy said he would let Dan know. You know, it is really hard to take before and after pics since i don't have a really good camera to get that level of detail. The car looks incredible with overcast or partial sunlight, but in bright direct sunlight..thats where the carnage really appears. All the cobwebs, swirls, etc just take away from the beauty of the car in the sunlight. Sucks..sounds like these folks know what to do. I look forward to talking to Dan when he gets better and learn more about his process and what he can do. Thanks again!
Old 01-14-11, 01:09 PM
gmblack3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXnick

Nick, Thanks for your kind words.

Bryan Burnworth
Old 01-14-11, 01:16 PM
gmblack3
Driver School Candidate

Thats great. So I assume they put the proper seal on the car so the swirls don't re-appear once the wax they put on there comes off after a couple washes? Thats what happened to me when Cactus did the "paint restore" service...FAIL thanks for the info
If I may...

Proper paint polishing would entail actually removing the swirls, not covering them up and hoping that a sealer will keep them covered.

You average detailer will use glazes or products with fillers, nothing can seal a glaze in for more then one wash.

A quality detailer will safely remove the swirls with a 2-3 step machine polishing process. They will also use a paint thickness gauge to monitor how much clear coat they are removing.
Old 01-15-11, 07:21 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Nick, Thanks for your kind words.

Bryan Burnworth
This is amazing right here. I don't think my car is quite this bad, but pictures speak a 1000 words

http://peachstatedetail.com/Detailin...pic.php?t=1882
Old 01-24-11, 10:49 AM
gmblack3
Driver School Candidate

This is amazing right here. I don't think my car is quite this bad, but pictures speak a 1000 words

http://peachstatedetail.com/Detailin...pic.php?t=1882
Chris, It was great to meet you the other day. Looking fwd to getting your black LS460 defect free!