Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-02, 06:09 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I get a nationwide map like that! That is killer!
Old 09-04-02, 08:45 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just as a friendly reminder, review the SAFETY GUIDELINES that Dave posted earlier. Print them off now, make some copies, and carry them to your mini-meets for distribution there as well. We'll be distributing them again before the drive.

SAFETY will be the omnipresent theme, then FUN .
Old 09-04-02, 12:27 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Weather update

I've got to admit it's getting better.
It's getting better all the time.
McCartney

Chance of rain near 0% all 3 days.

Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s.

Saturday: Partial sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

Paddy Wagon
Factory Handling Group
Old 09-05-02, 05:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Folks - just wanted to let you know I'm working on some detailed updates to the agenda right now with exact meeting locations and times for Friday night and Saturday morning/afternoon. We can't count on cell phones working up there.

Take a look at what I've put in the agenda above so far and let me know via PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Before you leave, PRINT the final version of these pages to take with you. Make sure to get all the pages!

Note I made both lunch and dinner reservations for Saturday, assuming a group of 15 and we'll adjust the size of the group if we need to. Nowhere fancy, just local spots.
Old 09-05-02, 07:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Please check your radio and PM me if it does NOT do GMRS (longer distance - 1 watt).

We need to decide on a FRS or GMRS channel for our group and I want to make sure we choose one everyone can get to. I think some of the older FRS only have 12 channels - if you have one of these you're bringing please PM me.

Those with the T6400 do both. GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) channels enable communications at a range of up to 5 miles (Range will vary based on terrain and conditions). Power is automatically stepped down to 0.5 watt across its FRS only (Family Radio Service) channels enabling it to talk to all existing FRS two-way radios. (FRS channels provide a range of up to 2 miles. Range will vary based on terrain and conditions).
Old 09-05-02, 11:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I think I speak for all in thanking Dave for all his hard work in pulling the agenda together. I knows it's a PITA. But that's why he makes the big bucks I guess.
Old 09-06-02, 01:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Default Pack List

Thanks Bit!

I thought I'd share my packing list as it might jog your memory for something you would have forgotten. I'm sure I'm missing something... Of course I'm not bringing everything on this list (lifted some of it from the S2000 board).

Cash / Credit Cards
Proof of insurance, registration
Stuff for pictures
- Digital Camera, spare batteries, memory sticks, cable to unload, charger
- Film camera & film
- Camcorder & charger
- Tripod
FRS Radio (Motorola or other)
Extra batteries for radios
Clothes (on your own here), but suggest bringing a light jacket and long pants for evening if you get cold. I plan on shorts during the day. We don't plan to go anywhere that will require beyond 'tourist casual' dress
Light Car cleanup stuff:
Sunscreen
Small cooler for drinks & water
Alarm clock (should be able to use the one in your hotel room)
Hangover Remedy
Maps
Cell phones will not work on the Dragon but they should work in Cherokee
Sunglasses
Driving hat/cap/visor
Folding camp chair
Food/snacks/energy drinks
Umbrella
Radar detector
Tunes/audio books
Old 09-06-02, 10:35 AM
GA400
Lead Lap

Post Saturday from/through Atlanta

Saturday Day-trippers leaving from Atlanta or coming through Atlanta;

Please pm me or reply to this thread if you are interested in going up in a caravan. I estimate 3 to 3.5 hours to drive up from some central meeting point in Atlanta. I am willing to leave early (around 6) to make it to Cherokee in time for the Blue Ridge Parkway drive if anyone else wants to. Otherwise, I will be heading out around 8 to make it up there with plenty of time to spare for the lunch meeting.

possible route http://www.grahamchamber.com/maps_fr_atl.html

Feel free to pm or e-mail me throughout the day. PM me for cell phone number if you prefer.

Thanks

Rich

Last edited by GA400; 09-06-02 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-06-02, 10:36 AM
GA400
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bitkahuna
I think I speak for all in thanking Dave for all his hard work in pulling the agenda together. I knows it's a PITA. But that's why he makes the big bucks I guess.
No Doubt, Dave is THE MAN!
Old 09-06-02, 01:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys,

I've heard from a couple of the folks whose radios don't do the GMRS bands, so let's stick to the 12 bands of the FRS.

Since we're coming up on the anniversary, let's plan on using channel 9 and sub-channel (code) 11.

ALSO: Just in time, I received my two Hyper Rev Aristo magazines from Nate in Japan. I'll bring them with me so you can check them out (just not while we're eating... and also not overnight - I don't want any 'sticky pages' ).
Old 09-06-02, 01:55 PM
LexFather

I'm still at work, will be leaving shorty...The Dragon's A$$ is MINE!!! I will slay thee....

I will be hungry, can't wait to eat there...

Can't wait to leave! Dave thanks for everything dude!
Old 09-06-02, 06:58 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone leaving later..

This is 1SICKLEX, I'm posting from Dr. Rick's PC, my cell is 770-843-1723 for anyone that needs help. Ask for Mike, thanks.
Old 09-06-02, 09:55 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Angry You are not going to believe this

My beautiful ls400, with a fresh oil change, 4 wheel alignment, new shocks, and detail, lost the water pump on the way home from work. My lexus mechanic was already closed, so it will be Monday before I get it fixed. As you probably guessed, I won't be coming to the meet tomorrow. So sorry guys. I am very, very bummed.:eek:

If anyone wants my radios to take up tomorrow, let me know. I will be happy to meet you somewhere.

You guys have a blast and take some pics for me.

Rich
Old 09-07-02, 12:30 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Rich,

Man I'm bummed for you. After a couple wrong turns we're finally up here. Paddy Wagon, Dex, Ethan and a couple other folks met up with Bitkahuna and Mumbles for a late elegant dinner at Western Sizzlin....

Will take plenty of pics for you, I'll pour one out on the dragon for you ("one for my homies").
Old 09-07-02, 10:19 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got back from the meet and I think the Dragon killed me. That was a lot of funs and pretty challenge driving experience. I've never seen the road like that in my life.
Thanks Dave, Ethan and everybody. I got some pic but gonna wait until Dave or somebody to open the thread.

Quick Reply: SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8